Airgas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 15, 2017

2.7

44 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Airgas.

Interview

There was a phone interview first to screen whether or not they want you to move onto an onsite interview. I got an email within the same week of my phone interview that they wanted me to come in for an onsite interview.

Regional VMI Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Airgas (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Met with regional manager, HR manager, and VP of sales. Very friendly and personable people got to know me and my personal life a little bit before digging into the meat of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this position and the work in entails?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Airgas (Phila, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

Standard process of phone interview then onsite meeting. The phone interview was 30 minutes. An onsite was scheduled for 90 minutes. The interviews, for the most part went well. This was for a consultant PM role so the questions were mixed, but more heavily weighted towards the PM side of the engagement. Overall the senior manager and the lead PMO associate were very knowledgeable and conveyed what they expected. One other person who did the interviewing started off with questions about a different role. I was a little perplexed and mentioned what I was there for. The questioning after that was very terse and generic in nature with not much context. It felt very much like an interrogation.

Interview Questions

• Hypercare and support? (with no context)   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airgas (Canton, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

Took several months. Seemed like they were in no hurry to fill the position. The phone interviews were 3-4 weeks apart, then it was 4 weeks until the final 3 interviews, which happened all in one day. Took another week for a decision.

Interview Questions

• What is the first thing you look at in reviewing the p&l?   1 Answer

Plant Effectancy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airgas (Sacramento, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview- a 45 phone interview-Described current position duties, previous work experience was discussed; Willingness to relocate was discussed; Discussed my experience related to conducting internal audits, reporting findings to upper management; implementing and communicating changes within my current program.

Bulk Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Airgas (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The process was very fast. I sent my resume to HR, she sent it to the Hiring Manager that same day, he called later that day and talked to me for about half an hour, then invited me for a personal interview 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• Questions were related to the same position I held in a competitor a few years ago.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Airgas (Omaha, NE) in August 2016.

Interview

Initial was a phone interview lasting about 50 minutes performed by the HR Manager. I was asked to complete a personality and IQ skills test. I was told there would be a follow up with 2 people in about 2 weeks with 1 District Manager the other a senior location manager. I was told there were no internal candidates being considered although they had considered one but rejected the person for being unable to manage a location of this size. This second interview consisted of a PowerPoint presentation that was requested for me to complete and present. The topics were covering my background, strengths and weaknesses and my 30-60-90 days plan. There was a series of role play questions after the presentation. The interview lasted a little over an hour.

Two weeks later I was called for a third interview to present another PowerPoint in front of the District Manager, HR Manager and two other location personnel. The presentation addressed topics of 3 Conflict Resolution examples, 3 Safety Culture topics and 3 examples of how I was Assertive. Along with extensive questions including more role plays the interview was over after about 2 hours.

I received a call from the HR Manager a week later and was told they selected an internal candidate, the one they had previously promoted and demoted twice before into the position they were interviewing me for.

Interview Questions

• Background, strengths, weaknesses and planning followed with conflict resolution, assertiveness and safety culture   Answer Question

Cash Applications Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Airgas (Long Beach, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview took almost 1-1/2 hours but it didn't feel like a lengthy one due to the kind demeanor of the interviewer. The questions were very simple and I felt like having a casual conversation with a friend. If this was a match, I'm sure I would have enjoyed working for this company.

Cash Applications Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Airgas (Independence, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

Met with two supervisors. Very comfortable setting and they were both friendly and professional. It took about an hour. We discussed the job and my experience and qualifications. I had to take a math and psychological test prior to the interview which they told me I passed. The offices were very nice and the people seemed very friendly. I heard back from HR personnel that they were still considering candidates, although I noticed they reposted the position on line so I basically knew I didn't get the job. It was only after that that I was informed I was not selected.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Airgas (Dallas, TX).

Interview

One 25 minute phone interview and one face to face with 2 different Managers a week later. They didn't seem very engaging during and asked canned questions. I was friendly and I had did my homework on background of company before I got there which they seemed to be off guard about. They let me know within days that they didn't choose me from their pool of candidates.