Airgas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Airgas Interview Questions

Updated Nov 3, 2016

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Airgas (Omaha, NE) in August 2016.

Interview

Initial was a phone interview lasting about 50 minutes performed by the HR Manager. I was asked to complete a personality and IQ skills test. I was told there would be a follow up with 2 people in about 2 weeks with 1 District Manager the other a senior location manager. I was told there were no internal candidates being considered although they had considered one but rejected the person for being unable to manage a location of this size. This second interview consisted of a PowerPoint presentation that was requested for me to complete and present. The topics were covering my background, strengths and weaknesses and my 30-60-90 days plan. There was a series of role play questions after the presentation. The interview lasted a little over an hour.

Two weeks later I was called for a third interview to present another PowerPoint in front of the District Manager, HR Manager and two other location personnel. The presentation addressed topics of 3 Conflict Resolution examples, 3 Safety Culture topics and 3 examples of how I was Assertive. Along with extensive questions including more role plays the interview was over after about 2 hours.

I received a call from the HR Manager a week later and was told they selected an internal candidate, the one they had previously promoted and demoted twice before into the position they were interviewing me for.

Interview Questions

• Background, strengths, weaknesses and planning followed with conflict resolution, assertiveness and safety culture   Answer Question

Cash Applications Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Airgas (Long Beach, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview took almost 1-1/2 hours but it didn't feel like a lengthy one due to the kind demeanor of the interviewer. The questions were very simple and I felt like having a casual conversation with a friend. If this was a match, I'm sure I would have enjoyed working for this company.

Cash Applications Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Airgas (Independence, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

Met with two supervisors. Very comfortable setting and they were both friendly and professional. It took about an hour. We discussed the job and my experience and qualifications. I had to take a math and psychological test prior to the interview which they told me I passed. The offices were very nice and the people seemed very friendly. I heard back from HR personnel that they were still considering candidates, although I noticed they reposted the position on line so I basically knew I didn't get the job. It was only after that that I was informed I was not selected.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Airgas (Dallas, TX).

Interview

One 25 minute phone interview and one face to face with 2 different Managers a week later. They didn't seem very engaging during and asked canned questions. I was friendly and I had did my homework on background of company before I got there which they seemed to be off guard about. They let me know within days that they didn't choose me from their pool of candidates.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Airgas.

Interview

Interview process is slow, applied online and it took weeks for them to contact me and I was already an employed by the company. Manager interviewed me, then HR is supposed to send an offer letter and more paperwork for background checks, drug testing, credit check, and legal paper after legal paper. Be prepared to wait for the offer letter from HR.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a man in this branch got upset at you for something you told him to do?   3 Answers

Total Access Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Airgas (Duluth, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Well I had a interview for March 10. Had a phone interview 2 weeks ahead and assessment test. The rep who gave me the phone interview liked me and told me she would go ahead and schedule me that day. This was in February. So two days before I called to confirm the time of my face to face interview. I get told I'm not on the schedule. I was like, yes I do it was for March 10. I had arranged for somebody to watch my daughter and all that day. So another rep told me she would reschedule me for the 17th of March for a face to face with the hiring managers. I was so upset. I need a job badly. Clearly the girl did not put me down on the schedule which means if I never would of called, I would of went in looking stupid. So I get a call this morning ,a day before interview to confirm. Then later today, a email of cancelation of interview arrives in my inbox. Not by phone by email a day before interview. I don't know what kind of company they are running. But I do not want anything to do with a business that runs things like this in that department. She also stated in the email the hiring managers have picked candidates, if another position opens I will let you know. I wrote back do not contact me for any future openings, I will be fine.

Interview Questions

• During the phone interview she asked me about sales experience and to go over my skills and past careers I've had. She also gave me scenarios on how I have handled certain situations in past jobs.   Answer Question

Plant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Airgas in March 2016.

Interview

Received a phone interview that took 45 minutes. Interview went very well the lady said. After the phone interview, you are asked to take a online assessment. They said it takes approximately 60 minutes to do. However it took me 1.5 hours. It is very in depth with story problems, mathematical equations and situations you either agree or disagree with. I am awaiting a phone call for second phase of the interview process. Hope this helps you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Airgas (Hayward, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview screening to move to next level. Sent to an on site testing area. Took two hours to complete, but very good questions. Received a phone call the next day to set up in in person interview on December the 22nd by a panel of 4. This in person interview is taking place where I hope to become the Branch Manager.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult customer service problem?
      How many people have you managed?
      Are you good a math skills?
      Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Airgas (Cleveland, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by an on-site interview. The interview seemed to go very well but I never heard back from HR or the hiring manager. I would think it's a courtesy to at least inform a candidate that they won't be receiving an offer.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Airgas (Remote, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

I was reached out to from the recruiter and they had asked where I live. The position requires that people live within a certain milage range. It seemed as though they train all education levels for the role. benefits sound acceptable

Interview Questions

• what is your biggest strength   1 Answer