Ajilon Business Development Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ajilon Business Development Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Ajilon

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ajilon (Chicago, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

I went through a phone screen and two face to face interviews with the division director at the time. He was very laid back and calm. He didn't ask me any questions that I couldn't answer. He did low-ball me on salary though. I was brought in by a recruiter who is no longer here as well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate and he low-balled me on salary.

Other Interview Reviews for Ajilon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ajilon (Dallas, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online for an Office Manager position, a recruiter called me and we met in person. She thought I would be a good fit for their BDM position so she recommended me. VP contacted me and I met with her in person along with the Division Director- very lengthy interview. A couple weeks later, they called me in for a second interview with 2 staffing managers. One was nice, the other was not friendly and in so many words expressed that the BDMs were not doing their job and needed improvement. This staffing manager also asked me what I was expecting as my salary which I thought was inappropriate because I would not be reporting to her should I be offered and we would essentially become colleagues. Very odd experience! I made a few cold calls as a test- not intimidating at all. They said that they would follow up shortly. A week later, I sent an email to the Division Director- no response, then to the VP - no response and to the initial recruiter once again no response. If I did not get the position, it would have been nice of them to respond, don't ignore emails. I asked the staffing managers during my interview if candidates get loss in their system and they responded with a yes. I guess I got lost in their system. This is the last staffing agency that I will deal with ever again. These agencies are a waste of time. You're best researching on your own.

Interview Questions

Ajilon Response

Jul 6, 2016 – Workforce Relations

We hear your concerns and appreciate the detailed feedback you provided us. If you need to discuss further please reach out to us at feedback@ajilon.com

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ajilon (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

I responded to a "contract recruiter" position, but was transitioned into considering a position in-house with Ajilon as a Business Development Manager. 1st interview was for the "contract" position which seemed to be a bait and switch tactic to bring people in, following my interest I took a personality test, 2nd interview involved an "audition" (detailed below), 2nd personality/skill test (by the end of this test I was frustrated with recalling high school algebra), 3rd interview with VP. I was told several times that they have a very lengthy interview process.

Interview Questions

• The audition was unexpected but not difficult. I was asked to look up companies in careerbuilder, monster, craigslist, etc. who are hiring, and then to call on those potential clients. This was simply a test to determine if I was capable of making a cold call and getting the name of the correct person.   Answer Question

I did not feel the I was a good match with the hiring manager.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ajilon (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Professional atmosphere, friendly professional people. Phone interview first then Interview with Managing Director, Staffing Manager and Vice Presidents. Total of about 5 interviews/meetings before offer given. Process time from start to finish was about two weeks. No trick questions, no games, professional and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Phone Auditions; Not difficult but somewhat intimidating when one doesn't have the knowledge of job. Make phone calls following script with managers listening next to you. Have confidence, follow script and have fun.   Answer Question

Negotiation

base salary was standard and reviewed commission plan and discussed 2 and 3 year plan with numbers.

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ajilon (Oak Brook, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Started off like a standard interview but turned into us talking about cool stuff like sports, bars, and money. Be a good story teller and make the interview as personal as possible. You'll be meeting face to face with your clients for the role and the hiring managers want to see how you would act in a meeting with them.

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ajilon (Overland Park, KS) in May 2017.

Interview

They will hire anyone. Not much of a process. Send resume, have interview, start the job. Anyone can get a job here, and there's no correlation between real experience in staffing and your ability to succeed here. They're not doing staffing they're throwing things to see what will stick.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience   1 Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ajilon.

Interview

I spent a couple of hours speaking to various people 1:1 in the office like a recruiter and another Business Development Manager. I also spoke with the office manager (hiring person for the BDM role). There were questions regarding my resume and to learn further details on it but most of the time everyone else did the talking letting me know about the company (history,mission, etc.). This was great but I had already done this research on my own and they really contributed nothing additional. The office manager seemed excited after the meeting and said I needed to complete an assessment (personality test).

I was advised it was nothing major and to simply answer the questions honestly. The assessment (actually a test) was about an hour long. Two pages were personality based questions and the rest were various SAT like questions. Lots of math and analogies. ex. bill is to law as larvae is to...The following week the hiring manager called to say she thought I was great but the test results were out of the range they typically look for. I responded with a "thank you" and wondered what areas I must have done poorly in. Nearly all the questions were correct! I it was my personality that "fell out of range" with what they were comfortable with.

I dodged a bullet! Why on earth would anyone want to work somewhere where they are told they are awesome but a computer assessment says we can't hire you because it says you won't not fit in?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ajilon (Edison, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

Awful and rude. 3 interviews and one was even in NYC. I live an hour away in New Jersey. The woman who I had the first interview with wasn't sure if she wanted to bring me on board. She was playing games. She told me she'd have an answer in a day or 2. I call the office on the second day and I'm told she won't be back for 10 days or so. I realized she said she would give me an answer in a day or 2 because she wanted to dodge me. I guess she thought I would just give up. She was not professional and I'm happy not to work for her or with her. If you don't want to bring me on board, then send me an email and let me know. Don't run away and play games, it's quite immature. Thank you Stacey for saving me.

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ajilon.

Interview

I met with the Managing Director. She was professional and nice. She was clear about her expectations with regards to daily activity, expected time in the office as well as tracking/logging activity. Ajilon is new in this market so it was clear that a high volume of activity was needed in order to get the brand out there and work to get business in the market. What wasn't a clearly communicated or convincing is "why" Ajilon is better than their competition.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay motivated to make your sales calls when you do no see results from your sales activity?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ajilon (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

Initial interview with staffing manager, interview with branch manager, then interview with regional manager, Resume and notes then submitted to higher up to decide on an offer. Asked typical questions and wasn't too difficult to answer.

Interview Questions

• How do I know that this job is not a stepping stone to another position elsewhere?   Answer Question