Ajilon Executive Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ajilon Executive Recruiter Interview Questions

Interviews at Ajilon

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ajilon (Parsippany, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

Came in to interview for an Executive Recruiter position midway through the interview the person informs me that I don't seem like the Executive Recruiter type and wants to put in the tracking system to "help me find a job." Had I known that this was what the interview was going to be like I wouldn't of driven down there for the interview. The person said they weren't sure about bringing me in but wanted to come in and get the face to face interview. I haven't heard from the person since and I am not planning on either.

Interview Questions

Ajilon Response

Jul 6, 2016 – Workforce Relations

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you would like to provide further feedback, please use the following: feedback@ajilon.com

Other Interview Reviews for Ajilon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ajilon (Princeton, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview and said that I wasn't interested in a job that was all commission .. We set up an in person interview where I was asked only personal questions and then being told that it was basically a position based on all commission. It was a waste of both of our times since I specifically said that I didn't want all commission. There was a base salary which was unknown but the recruiter made it sound as if it was very low.

Interview Questions

• Were your parents happy coming home from their jobs when you were a child?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ajilon (Newport Beach, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

The hiring manager was direct, thorough, very personable, transparent and made it feel more like a conversation than a formal interview. Overall they were still very professional but kind at the same time. Made the process seamless.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest achievement?   1 Answer

Executive Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ajilon.

Interview

I was brought in for an interview with the understanding that I would be meeting with the Managing Director. During our meeting, she brought up the idea of a different position which was odd because I only applied for one and only showed interest in one. Then she left and one of her colleagues came in who works for a different Ajilon company. This person interviewed me for a DIFFERENT position than the previous person. After the second person left in comes a third employee who works for Accounting Principles who not only pitched a third option but tried to give me a contract to hire position through one of his clients. I felt very misled by the entire situation. It felt as though they were never considering me for any internal position but rather baiting me to come in then try and get me to take a position for one of their clients, not cool.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about my resume, questions about why I want to work in recruiting, questions about my future. Simple questions to fill time.   1 Answer

Ajilon Response

Oct 16, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator

We’re sorry you experienced this during your time at one of our branches and we’d like to apologize on behalf of the branch you visited. We strive to ensure that all of our candidates needs and... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ajilon (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2017.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter who said I was a perfect fit and wanted me to stop by the Indianapolis office and meet her manager. The manager was a little stressed because of the high turnover there and said she needed to focus on other positions before they lose more clients. Seems like a boiler room here and I left running.

Interview Questions

• So, what is your recruiting experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ajilon (New York, NY).

Interview

The process was a load of BS.
    I submitted my resume on their website couple of times and got a call from one of their Recruiters following week. She asked some questions over the phone and wanted to bring me in for a Face to Face.
    I go to their office in midtown, she has my resume and asked me to make couple of corrections on it.
    After going through my job history, She tells me that her in-house recruiter had to leave the office today all of a sudden and she's not so sure of when she will return. For the mean time, I have couple of positions that I can present to you that can fit your background. They are all sales related for my clients. I was taken a back and got really upset. Even while I didn't express my frustration, I was really surprised with the way of how big of a company like Ajilon conducts business.
    They mis-led me and have mis-led several other people who have gone for this position.
    Their Recruiters want to expand their database and will use your credentials to match with their clients.
    My advice, anytime you get a cal from their company, always make sure whether its for the position within Ajilon or for their client. This will save you ampul of time and energy.
    I skipped my lunch break that day, and went home starving.
    Terrible experience.

Executive Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ajilon in June 2016.

Interview

1. Brief phone interview.

2. First live interview at suburban office. Lots of personal questions vs. questions about my qualifications and experiences. The personal questions are, or are borderline, illegal: Are you married? What does your spouse do? How long has he/she worked there? How many kids do you have? How old are they? When I asked about the office atmosphere I was told they are 'very serious'.

3. Second live interview within a week with first interviewers boss. Interviewer was 10 minutes late for interview because he was on a phone call. He did most of the talking and I could hardly get a word in. Asked about my hobbies and interests, again going back to HS age! (I graduated college over 10 years ago.) At the very end he stopped talking and asked if I had questions. I had a whole list of them, but after the second one, a woman came in with a note and he said the conference room was booked for another meeting and we had to leave.

He had me fill out an application form and turn it into the receptionist on the way out.

After each interview I sent an email thank you note. After several days past I called my contact (had to leave a voicemail) to check in. Have not heard back from either interviewer, not even to say, 'thank you but we decided to go with another candidate that suits our needs better'.

I feel their ability to ignore candidates after putting them through two in person interviews says a lot about them. If this is how they treat someone they are interviewing to be one of their own staff members, how are they going to treat the candidates they are placing on temp assignments?

Interview Questions

• What was your first job? (ever - not out of college, but as in when you were 16! I can't even image how that relates to the person I am today!)   Answer Question