Akamai Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

3.2

Account Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

Applied online via LinkedIn. Contacted by internal recruiter to schedule a screening. Entire process consisted of phone screening from internal recruiter followed up by an in-person interview and then 2-3 phone interviews with the hiring manager and his manager. Entire process took around 4-5 weeks from first touch to hiring. Nothing too out of the ordinary.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I submitted the resume via their website. The HR person contacted me and described the opportunities at the company and mentioned R&D department. We had a followup screening phone call which went well. Then, they asked me to come in the office for the onside interview. I met the team members and looked at the office. They sent the background check documents I had to fill in before they can make an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe the HashTable; What is its complexity? How do you improve the performance?   Answer Question
    • Explain what happens after the user submits the URL in the browser.   Answer Question
    • What's IP? How does it work?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Inititially the recruiter reached out to me after looking at my online application. We scheduled a telephonic interview and I presume this was more about understanding if I was the right fit for the position. After this, there was a personal interview which was scheduled with the reporting manager. There were 3 rounds of interview after the phone screening.

Interview Questions

• Why Akamai? What are some of your goals in life?   2 Answers

Senior Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. HR contacted me two weeks later. I had a phone interview with the team leader and he asked me three questions: a brain teaser, a C++ question and how to debug a group of crashing computers

Interview Questions

• Brain teaser, what is a virtual function in C++, how would you debug a system of computers that is crashing   Answer Question

Senior Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Akamai (Dallas, TX).

Interview

HR ASKED ABOUT THE WORK AUTHORITY AND WHEN IS AVAILABLE TO START WORKING, AND THEN A WEEK LATER GOT MANAGER TO PHONE INTERVIEW. It's all about technical questions about basic networking but not very hard.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai in May 2015.

Interview

I was recommended by multiple friends and got screened quickly over the phone (15-20 minutes), during which I was asked some simple questions about technical knowledge and what I was looking for.

A few weeks later, I then had two one-hour in-person interviews in one week, one with each team that was considering hiring me. The second team made me the offer. These interviews included talking about personality/fit, the type of work available, and my technical skills in more depth.

After that, I did a fairly standard online background check.

Interview Questions

• What command line tools could you use to get information about a website's IP address?   1 Answer

TPMII Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Akamai.

Interview

Poor, Sends email with no answer on reply. Follow does not work. Recruiters are like machines with no response. I was interviewed by Akamai, by the recruiter asking technical question having no knowledge reading out from the system, and then director interviewing later. Their interview process is the weirdest that I have seen in my 20 years of career. They way everyone whether recruiter or Director, Manager or interviewer talks as they are superior and no one else has knowledge in the world. Very rude completely not courteous, not sure how they expect people will work for them.

Interview Questions

• Only thing they know HTTP, HTTPS, DNS that is it   1 Answer

Senior Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Over the course of 2 months I spoke with the recruiting agent. He had me speak with two different hiring managers to find the right match. After finding the right position I was invited for the in person interview. I was scheduled to meet with five different team members as per the itinerary I was sent. The first and second interviewer were C developers and asked C related questions. These two were not on the team I was going to work for. The third team member was unfortunately sick and had to phone in for the interview. This guy was directly on the team that I would have been working with and we had a great conversation that was very promising. The fourth person to come in for the interview had to leave for personal reasons and could not complete the interview, he also informed me the fifth person was also unable to attend due to some Akamai emergency.

Interview Questions

• In pseudo code please show me how you would start programming Fibonacci sequence...   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, HR reached out and wanted to set up a time to talk. Didn't hear from her for weeks after I sent my availability. Once I heard from her about a month later she let me know the manager has decided to move forward with another candidate. Would have appreciated at least one update between this month so I was more aware of what was going on with the process.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter contacted in 2-3 weeks. Had a phone interview. 3-4 on site interviews.
    The process was fast.
    Phone interview: data structures, algorithms, networking, security, c
    On site: data structures, algorithms, c, network programming