Akamai Performance Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Performance Engineer

Akamai Performance Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Akamai

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA) in September 2010.

Interview

The standard tech-company interview (I've had a lot of these over the years, and conducted many of them myself at former employers). First a recruiter talks with you on the phone to confirm that you're human. Then there's a first round of technical questions; in my case these were Unix-, networking-, and systems-focused. In person, they ask you some standard Unix questions, and there's some coding on the board. Maybe there are one or two questions that are real curveballs and require some real digging to answer them, but Akamai's interview questions are not nearly the hardest I've ever been given. The hardest I've ever been given were from Google, where they continually escalate the difficulty of the questions to test your limits.

Akamai's interviewers were good, but sort of middle-manager-y. I didn't get the sense that the group I was speaking with felt as though they were the élites.

Interview Questions

• Why might you use SMTP to get large (multi-gig) line-oriented text-based logs from one machine to another?   3 Answers

Negotiation

I had very little room to negotiate. They offered me a number, I asked for [that number] + $5,000 (or maybe $10,000; I forget); they said no; and I accepted the initial offer. Note that the initial offer was $20,000 more than any other company has ever paid me, so it was a terrific initial offer.

They kept asking me, as all companies do, to tell them how much I'd made at previous employers, and I never told them. I have to imagine that, had I told them what I had made previously, they never would have given me the raise that they did.

Other Interview Reviews for Akamai

Performance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Akamai in April 2015.

Interview

Firstly, I introduced a little bit about myself and my background. Then, interviewers introduced what they did. Finally, some basic network questions are asked. The interviewers are very kind. They tried their best to lead you to the answers that they wanted.

Performance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Akamai.

Interview

it took almost four months to get the interview process from technical round to HR round. lots of discussions happened and got feedback after almost 2 months.

The interview questions were easy and as expected for 3 year experienced role and was not that tough

Interview Questions

• basic question related to current job profile and day to day activities. friendly interviewer   Answer Question