Akamai QA Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Akamai QA Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 1, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (Boston, MA).

Interview

HR Round, basic technical question, next round was 45 min telephonics, focused on l4 and l5. Asked some analytical question. DNS, DHCP, STP. How to swap 2 numbers without using any module

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Akamai

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Manager and HR were so unprofessional. HR told that the manager and team liked me but they were not sure of hiring me because I didnt have QA experience(That was an entry level position). If they weren't sure why put me on "hold" for 4 weeks, a reject the following week would have better so much better. Besides this nonsense finally (after 4 weeks) I got a reject saying I was technically so good that they couldn't reject me but they were very particular about experience (for an entry level position). It was such a time waste interviewing with a group of unprofessional Indians.

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Akamai in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got the email for the phone screening from the recruiter, did the screening with the recruiter (basic networking and linux questions). Got to the second round of phone interview and suddenly a shock. I applied for SDET position and interviewed with the recruiter for that position as it was with C/C++ and got the email for the 2nd interview for QA test engineer with Perl scripting.
    Interviewer was talking in a very low pitch voice that I couldn't figure out what he was asking at one go. Basic networking questions and two analytical thinking which is no where close to what the company does. I mean why do you need to ask those insane questions if all you are gonna do is technical things. Got one right and got one wrong!
    I wouldn't suggest this company to a friend!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

First one phone screening interview like basic networking and perl questions and then one technical interview over phone for 30 to 40 minutes duration. The next day they asked me to come for onsite interview and it is like 4 rounds of technical and each one is 45 minutes longer. This position requires knowledge in Perl, Base Scripting, Linux and Networking. Asked some white board scripting,reg exp, list and functions in perl. Overall its a very good interview. I enjoyed thoroughly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Akamai (Boston, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

2 phone interviews and then 1:1 interview.
     1st phone interview was basic Linux based questions ,2nd interview was taken by team lead on background research and experience.
    1:1 was 5 hours long.
    coding on whiteboard , info of their team and what they do , linux /scripting questions and some problem solving QA questions.

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Akamai in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through employee reference.
    The process contains 6 rounds
    1 . Written test was conducted by careerNet .
    2 . Second round was programming round. There were 3 programs.
    1. Sum of all nodes in binary tree.
    2. To reverse every word in a sentence
    3. One diamond pattern program
                A
              ABA
            ABCBA
              ABA
                 A
    There was one use case diagram writing.
    Round 3,4 and 5 Technical rounds.
    Round 6 HR

Interview Questions

• Pgm to accept a decimal no and find no of zeros and 1s in its binary equivalent   1 Answer
    • Pgm to validate IP adress   Answer Question
    • Writing test cases for google home page   Answer Question
    • To find the duplicate no in an array   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mysore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Akamai (Mysore (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

First round was aptitude test and was conducted by hirepro,followed by 2 personal interview and hr interviews,the akamai people had a presentaion for about 2 hours and it was a one day recruitment process.The First technical interview was on the project or any thing interesting on your resume and the next interview had questions on algorithms,os,networks and dbms also some questions were to check your testing abilities and presence of mind

Interview Questions

• The aptitude round had pretty hard questions.The First technical interview was on the project or any thing interesting on your resume and the next interview had questions on algorithms,os,networks and dbms   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Akamai (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

I got a call from Akamai. They took 3 days to shortlist my profile. Then There was1 Telephonic round to check my QA skills. Mainly the interviewer asked some logical questions. Then hr called me to come to Akmai office for couple of technical rounds. There were 2 technical rounds followed by one techno manager round and one director round.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Akamai (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

First round had 3 sections with time limit for each section
    First section 20 aptitude questions - 25 min
    section 2 - 28 technical questions - 45 min
    section 3 - 3 coding questions and 1 question for writing ER Diagram - 20 min
    25 were selected at the End of First round

Round 2 and Round 3: It started really late , so they did not spend much time on the participants who were called at the End.
    Questions were pretty simple and straight forward.Mostly about Networking.
    1.Different layers of OSI model
    2.Working of DNS
    3.What happens when we type a URL.
    4.Explain about triggers , UPDATE function , DROP , DELETE function.
    5.code to reverse string
    6.Left outer Join , Right outer Join.
    7.Unix commands.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult except their selection was UN-understandable   Answer Question