Akamai Senior Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Akamai Senior Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Over the course of 2 months I spoke with the recruiting agent. He had me speak with two different hiring managers to find the right match. After finding the right position I was invited for the in person interview. I was scheduled to meet with five different team members as per the itinerary I was sent. The first and second interviewer were C developers and asked C related questions. These two were not on the team I was going to work for. The third team member was unfortunately sick and had to phone in for the interview. This guy was directly on the team that I would have been working with and we had a great conversation that was very promising. The fourth person to come in for the interview had to leave for personal reasons and could not complete the interview, he also informed me the fifth person was also unable to attend due to some Akamai emergency.

Interview Questions

• In pseudo code please show me how you would start programming Fibonacci sequence...   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Akamai

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Was referred by a current employee.
    Got very mixed opinion on the hiring manager: it was not clear if he was playing with me or he was just a personal like that. Also, he wasn't present at the day of the interview so I haven't met him in person. Hopefully, won't need to.
    Got positive opinion on the team and the project manager. Very technical people. Mixed background. Quite senior people. Was quite easy to start understanding each other without to much words.

Some of the interview sessions were help by two people simultaneously, including remote ones. I don't think it worked out too well. It was, probably, OK as a training session for fresh interviewers but none from the guys was a nub in interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. The interview is very similar to what you would get at Google or any other large technical company. Algorithms, data structures, system design, thinking out loud. Refresh your stuff on your resume and be prepared to answer questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got multiple offers and chose the one I liked the best.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

Followed employee referral. First did technical phone screen with hiring manager, this consisted of discussion of background potential work once in the position and scheduling optimization question. Brought in to interview with two groups, this was done over 3/4 of a day in a series of two person team sessions with a break for lunch with the managers from both groups Questions included fundamental computer science including networking, algorithm design, and threading and race condition prevention in addition to optimal scheduling though experiment. Discovered afterwards that this question just appeared in the Huffington Post article "15 Ridiculously Hard Job Interview Questions From Top Employers Like Google, Goldman Sachs."

Interview Questions

• Out of 25 horses, pick the fastest 3 horses. In each race, only 5 horses can run at the same time. What is the minimum number of races required?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Yes, negotiation was possible although limited after an offer was proffered. You need to set a clear expectation before the first paper offer is sent out.

Senior Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kraków (Poland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (Kraków (Poland)) in October 2012.

Interview

steps: initial communication (staffing agency), phone screening (staffing agency), phone HR interview (internal HR), phone technical interview, one-time on-site meeting (3 meetings, 1h each). Questions regarding practical knowledge about networking (HTTP/S, DNS, Ping), SQL, programming, moderate math.

Interview Questions

• Question regardin binomial theorem.   1 Answer