Akamai Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.9

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Akamai.

Interview

First the HR connected with me via email to set up a technical skype interview with 2 senior engineers and the hiring manager. The skype interview was scheduled 1 week later. It was 1.5 hour long interview. First one hour was with 2 senior engineers.It was very rigorous and I feel I managed it quite well. About 20 questions based on DNS, HTTP, Routing protocols, Linked lists, Content delivery networking,Python scripting. The concluding half hour was with the hiring manager and it was more of a behavioral interview. The overall interview experience was good. However, the company never got back with the result and no feedback at all. Very unprofessional. The HR did not bother to send a reject e mail. After several e mails of following up about the status, the HR informed that they hired someone else. Wrote a feedback mail to the hiring manager and the two senior engineers who interviewed me. No response. Dissatisfied with this approach.
Interview was good but the manner in which I had to struggle to get the response was annoying. So I am rating it as a negative experience.

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions that I remember are :-

Explain Content delivery networking.
    How to insert a node at the beginning of a linked list.
    Explain HTTP headers
    Some python regex questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Akamai

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Akamai in April 2017.

Interview

I was called in for an on-site interview, there were three rounds each of 1 hour. They asked me basic questions on subjects related to my resume and projects. One question on creating a database, one was an algorithm problem and others were basic questions on skills mentioned in the resume.

Software Engineering Interview

Interview

Every interview was super nice, and the overall experience was awesome. I was asked a few programming questions and previous projects. The programming questions were not hard, but you have to consider if your code really works.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Akamai.

Interview

I applied at the end of September 2016. A recruiter called me in mid-October for a phone call. She scheduled me with another recruiter (I think) for a phone call a couple of days later, but I did not receive a phone call at all. I sent her an email about not receiving the call. She told me that the other recruiter had an emergency and then rescheduled me for a phone call on the following day. I did receive the phone call on the following day but it dropped after a minute or so. I tried calling back but no one answered. I again told the recruiter about the call. She again rescheduled me for a phone call in the next week. This time I did not receive a call at all.

This was the worst experience I had with any company. They were extremely unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Dropped resume on campus and was later contacted by a recruiter in late-September. Process was extremely long. They notified a schedule of interview in mid-January! Had 3 back to back interviews. First one was with the manager who described the project. Second one was a technical question and third was all informal chat. Interviewers were all extremely positive.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Akamai in October 2016.

Interview

Had an interview with someone from human resources after speaking to Akamai at a career fair. Got an email asking me to schedule an interview two weeks after the fair. Was asked behavioral questions and the kind of software development experience I had. She promised to schedule a technical interview within a month, but no follow up after 4 months.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

a good interview, a good hr, a good manager. very fast process. almost everything worked quite well. 2 calls were there. then few documentation formalities. then on boarding. overall good experience. No problem at all. All interns join as temp employees. Salaries come from 3rd party who hired by akamai.

Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Akamai (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process itself was smooth, the questions were straight forward. Just two rounds of phone interview since this was for an intern position. Each interview lasted only 30 minutes. But they are very rigid with extensions for offer deadline. I got a call almost everyday asking me when I'd be accepting the offer. This was very unprofessional. From my understanding its pretty common for students to use the full 2/3 weeks time that is provided to make a decision.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial Telephone Screening, Onsite Interview, HR interview

Interview Questions

• Detailed resume and experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I submitted the resume via their website. The HR person contacted me and described the opportunities at the company and mentioned R&D department. We had a followup screening phone call which went well. Then, they asked me to come in the office for the onside interview. I met the team members and looked at the office. They sent the background check documents I had to fill in before they can make an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe the HashTable; What is its complexity? How do you improve the performance?   Answer Question
    • Explain what happens after the user submits the URL in the browser.   Answer Question
    • What's IP? How does it work?   Answer Question