Akamai Solutions Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Akamai Solutions Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Akamai (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

very positive experience, interviewed in san francisco office, had to present scenario before a panel. phone screen, technical phone interview followed by technical interview + presentation,
technical questions were deep and involved white boarding

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Akamai

Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai in September 2014.

Interview

HR > Hiring manager > Technical Interview > On-site interview with many people. The process seemed okay, but didn't end as I would of thought. They are trying to create an office collaborative culture. For my final interview they told me to come in and meet the team. I came into the local office, it was the size of a hotel room. I ended up just meeting 1 person and sat in a conference room the entire time and videoed with everyone else. Everyone else I interviewed with was across the country. Ultimately, the interview all went well on my side and feedback seemed great. Nothing hard, everything smooth. A couple days later the HR recruiter nicely followed up with me and said she was going to get feedback in the afternoon and let me know soon. 1 month later, I never heard back...

Interview Questions

• Web technical questions you should understand if you are applying for this job   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

I was referred by a friend at the company. I went through an initial phone screen with a recruiter, then I did a technical phone screen with the hiring manager, then I did an in-person with the hiring manager and finally I did a series of 5 interviews that ranged from technical to soft skills with a variety of employees at the company.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any particularly difficult questions, though a strong background in TCP, DNS and HTTP are extremely helpful. I was applying for a job that requires both a good technical foundation but, also, requires good soft skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate very much, I typically don't. I take the approach of laying out my expectations at the beginning of the interview process of what I'm looking for in terms of compensation, benefits, time-off and then only negotiate if the offer doesn't match what I laid out in the beginning.

Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Akamai.

Interview

Hiring manager interview -> Tech interview -> Sr. Manager Interview

Negotiation

Just accepted