Akamai Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 7, 2017

3.2

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was a referral candidate. Within a week of submitting my application, I got a call from the HR. As usual, normal HR related questions were asked and the HR asked me very basic networking questions and one question on Ajax call. Then the next week had an interview with the HM. The interview was largely on behavioral questions and he wanted to know my interest. The questions mostly were tricky like- if I call your previous manager,what would he say about you. The questions were mostly on how would you gel in a team, how would you react with conflicts within your team,etc. Then I was called for an onsite interview. Initially I was scheduled for 4 persons but when I met the team I interviewed with 5 people. 3 were pure technical and 2 were behavioral. The technical questions were heavily stressed on HTTP,HTTPS,TCP. Lots of questions were asked on SSL and Digital certificates. Question on how Akamai really works, how does the traffic get directed to their servers. The technical manager drew a graph and asked me questions related to the spikes in the graph and reasons how it is a DDOS or a normal traffic and how will you know what kind of traffic it is. The questions were mostly related to Layer 7 and he was expecting answers related to layer 7 not solutions which could be provided by the other layers.I was also asked a Logical question which I completely did not expect. Overall, It was good experience, everyone I met there were friendly and made me feel welcomed and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Entire process of DNS?
    HTTP headers and HTTP request and response
    SSL process
    Digital Certificates entire process   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Akamai

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. A recruiter called and asked basic questions like why Akamai, why this position, where do you see yourself in 3 years, tcp handshake, dns related questions, few linux commands.
    2nd- Technical Interview- http, http headers, dns, bgp, redistribution, mpls. Onsite- 5 interview 45 min each. 4 were technical and 1 behavioral.
    Prepare your resume thoroughly.

Interview Questions

• 1. What information is there in DNS error messages?
      2. http status codes, http cookies, troubleshooting scenario.
      3. SSL, SSL handshake, zero- day exploit and how would you handle it, tcp-syn attack n some other kinds of attacks.
      4. difference between juniper and cisco, ospf.
      5. how do you motivate yourself and others, tell me about a time when you had to bend the rules, how did you come across this position.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Akamai.

Interview

I applied online. The interview process started with a call from Akamai recruiter. It was a basic first call with 10 basic technical questions at the end. The second round was on phone with one of the managers. The questions asked were mostly related to what I do and what is the requirement there. The final round was on site. I was interviewed by four people. The technical questions were related to HTTP, HTTPS, DDoS, DNS and working of some basic layer 4 protocols.

Interview Questions

• How to differentiate a attack traffic from regular traffic   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai.

Interview

HR phone screening, basic questions, tcp ip linux

Interview Questions

• HM round. Asked questions related to networking and linux   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Akamai.

Interview

A recruiter agent contacted me. I was introduced and advised on what type of information i should get familiar with, I am in the process of getting ready and specting the second call....

Interview Questions

• The question are related to internet protocols like TCP/UDP, DNS, HTTP/HTTPS etc   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, San Jose (Costa Rica)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Akamai (San Jose, San Jose (Costa Rica)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied since one recruiter agent contacted me. I was introduced and advised on what type of information i should get familiar with, I am in the process of getting ready and specting the second call....

Interview Questions

• First interview, basic HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, cookies questions, waiting for next process...   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kraków (Poland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Akamai (Kraków (Poland)) in May 2017.

Interview

2 phone technical interviews initially. Questions were asked about basic concepts of the topics mentioned in the job description.
    1 onsite interview with the Hiring manager in the end. Very professional and easy going procedure.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and after a week I got a call from HR.
    There were three interviews, first with HR, second with HM, and final one onsite.
    The first interview with HR asked me very basic question about TCP/IP protocols(layer seven protocols), and some personal questions.
    The second interview with HM asked me regular question like introduce your self, why are you interested in this position, what you know about us, and tricky ones like something that disliked you in your last job, teamwork issues.
    The final interview was mostly technical, it was based on layer seven protocols, deep understanding how HTTP and DNS works, some Linux questions, linux commands, how Internet works, how CDN works.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Akamai (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

60 question from 75 min.question was quite tough
    The interview procedure of Akamai consists of following 3 rounds:

1) Written Test
    2) Technical Interview
    3) HR Interview

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Banga (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Akamai (Banga (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

they might say the are calling u for the interview the first time they just take a test and send u back

then after a long duration when u have almost given up on the company they will give u an interview call..the interview process mainly consists of question from networking specilally dns and http

Interview Questions

• what do you understand by DNS,questions on awk scripting etc   Answer Question