Akebono Corporation (North America) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Akebono Corporation (North America) Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Akebono Corporation (North America)

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Akebono Corporation (North America) (Farmington Hills, MI).

Interview

Interviewed with 2 HR people and 2 purchasing people on the phone. HR 101 states that you should treat candidates with respect. Always send an email and let them know whether or not they are being considered further.

Production Line Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elizabethtown, KY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Akebono Corporation (North America) (Elizabethtown, KY) in March 2016.

Interview

They use an outside hiring agency who seems to hire anyone.I emailed my resume. Received a return email a few minutes later. Went in for about 30 minutes and was hired with no experience.

Interview Questions

• Any experience with factory production?
      Do you have transportation?
      Can you work overtime including weekends?   1 Answer

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Akebono Corporation (North America) (Clarksville, TN) in March 2012.

Interview

Very friendly, after a general overview on the phone, asked to come in for multiple 1:1 interviews. They gave a nice tour. They had a new Quality Manager and new Japanese owners (formerly a Bosch facility)

All the staff seemed very nice. If I was to say one thing they needed to do to improve the process is to tell interviewers not to show up in a suit. The facility is very dirty due to the processes involved.

Other than that I found them a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you like to manage equipment or people   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Akebono Corporation (North America) in March 2012.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the manager and really casual, no difficult questions. The manager just wanted to see if you fit in

Interview Questions

• randomly throw in some physics questions such as energy for a moving car   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Akebono Corporation (North America) in February 2012.

Interview

I received a call and set up an interview for the next week. I had 3 interviews, all around 45 minutes each. The first was with a manager, then someone I would be working alongside with. They asked me a series of technical and behavioral questions. The last interview was very basic, mostly telling me what benefits they offered if I was offered the job. I felt like I was pretty confident leaving the interview. However, I STILL haven't gotten a call saying I wasn't going to be offered a job, and it's been almost a month. About a week later, I got an email from a recruiting agency telling me about a potential job in the same area... turns out it was the same job, they just hired a recruiting agency to find someone. Real cool, so not only do I not receive a call, but then a headhunter tries to get me a job at the place I just interviewed for! The position is still posted online too......

Interview Questions

• would you expect something's modulus to change after heat treatment?   1 Answer