Aker Solutions Interview Questions in Aberdeen, Scotland | Glassdoor

Aker Solutions Interview Questions in Aberdeen, Scotland

1.5

Electrical Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

Two hour job interview on site with a technical manager, and an HR assistant then a walk around of the workshop.

First of all, the interview started 20 minutes late due to Aker.

For the first hour and a half the manager went over the role and asked limited complexity technical questions about my background, then the HR guy - who looked uninterested throughout - asked some behavioural questions.

On completion of interview there was no "next step" or timeline on the decision. Instead the HR guy just slipped off without a word leaving me with the manager to show me around. That was the last time I heard from Aker - they didn't even have the courtesy or the integrity to notify me as to their decision - despite having my email address - which is rather dispiriting since I drove 8 hours that day to attend the interview ( I have since heard from others, Aker ONLY respond if the job is offered). It should also be pointed out that the actual job function was misrepresented and didn't bear much relation to job specification sent out - it was a much lower level position than what I was led to believe .

Overall, I found the process disappointing and dispiriting and do not recommend this company to others thinking of applying. Neither interviewers displayed professional outlook - the HR guy obviously bored and the manager didn't give the impression he knew his remit or organised enough to take the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you had to solve a difficult problem ?   1 Answer

Lifecycle Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

The info sent out, stated one hour technical and 1.5 hour behavioral interview then emailed to say they wished to do an initial telephone interview which lasted 20 mins - which involved me going over my cv.

They then sent me a Thomas psychometric profiling questionnaire.

On attending subsequent onsite interview I was given a behavioral interview based on the Thomas Qr (by a young lady no more than 22 yr accompanied with two managers who said very little) instead of the stated technical interview which I hadn't prepared for. The interview bombed.

In addition, they waited 10 days before they slipped in the rejection email which they could have done on the afternoon after the interview.

Finally, I drove 4 hours there and back (400 mls) at considerable expense to myself and yet this company with its billion (£) annual profits didn't even offer to pay travel costs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you were critized and a situation where you critized a colleague.   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

Interview, presentation and team buliding exercise

presentation is for you to show your technical ability, most people did theirs on final year project. Team building exercise is pretty simple just dont over do it and be involved and show you can work well within a group.

Interview is ok just prepare on the basics and cover your HR questions

Interview Questions

• Differences between AC & DC transmission and what are the +ve and -nves   1 Answer