Aker Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aker Solutions Interview Questions

3.1

Supplier Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aker Solutions in April 2015.

Interview

I was recruited from my LinkedIn profile by a recruiter, couple of phone screens, job looked promising, esp. as it paid more than 20k more than my current job. After phone interview with the hiring manager, radio silence for over 2 weeks before finally getting a rejection e-mail. Which I replied to with "thanks for the timely e-mail; Having not heard from you for over 2 weeks, I assumed I did not get the job". Communication could have been a lot better. But, I didn't apply, I was recruited. so whatever....

Business Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in November 2015.

Interview

Build presentation based on analysis of data set provided. Provide recommendations to the strategy questions they ask.

The whole interview felt like a set up to get an answer to their question on whether they should enter the market into Country X. They were VERY KEEN to get hold of the presentation material. All the questions asked were directed to how the conclusion was derived. There was not much emphasis on candidates' decision making process.

Interview Questions

• What is the recommendation from the analysis of the data?
      What is the recommendation for market entry into Country X?
      Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aker Solutions.

Interview

Basic questions about personal experience in the past.
    Specific questions about sofewares known to use.
    Some tech problem questions ask how to solve.

Interview Questions

• Some tech problem questions ask how to solve.
      What happen if a wrong version of spec being worked on?
      Answer Question

Electrical Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

Two hour job interview on site with a technical manager, and an HR assistant then a walk around of the workshop.

First of all, the interview started 20 minutes late due to Aker.

For the first hour and a half the manager went over the role and asked limited complexity technical questions about my background, then the HR guy - who looked uninterested throughout - asked some behavioural questions.

On completion of interview there was no "next step" or timeline on the decision. Instead the HR guy just slipped off without a word leaving me with the manager to show me around. That was the last time I heard from Aker - they didn't even have the courtesy or the integrity to notify me as to their decision - despite having my email address - which is rather dispiriting since I drove 8 hours that day to attend the interview ( I have since heard from others, Aker ONLY respond if the job is offered). It should also be pointed out that the actual job function was misrepresented and didn't bear much relation to job specification sent out - it was a much lower level position than what I was led to believe .

Overall, I found the process disappointing and dispiriting and do not recommend this company to others thinking of applying. Neither interviewers displayed professional outlook - the HR guy obviously bored and the manager didn't give the impression he knew his remit or organised enough to take the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you had to solve a difficult problem ?   1 Answer

Lifecycle Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

The info sent out, stated one hour technical and 1.5 hour behavioral interview then emailed to say they wished to do an initial telephone interview which lasted 20 mins - which involved me going over my cv.

They then sent me a Thomas psychometric profiling questionnaire.

On attending subsequent onsite interview I was given a behavioral interview based on the Thomas Qr (by a young lady no more than 22 yr accompanied with two managers who said very little) instead of the stated technical interview which I hadn't prepared for. The interview bombed.

In addition, they waited 10 days before they slipped in the rejection email which they could have done on the afternoon after the interview.

Finally, I drove 4 hours there and back (400 mls) at considerable expense to myself and yet this company with its billion (£) annual profits didn't even offer to pay travel costs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you were critized and a situation where you critized a colleague.   1 Answer

Graduate Talent Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Aker Solutions in December 2012.

Interview

Good initial communication, answered emails quickly. It is slightly obnoxious that you physically have to fill in all info from your CV on their own Easycruiter database - this took a lot of time, and the system is a bit unorganised and complicated. Why not just hire that extra HR person to screen the CV's and cover letters as they are - it is a bit more work for them but makes things a lot more convenient for the applicants.

I went through three online SHL tests (verbal, numerical and competency) before having my phone interview which was made by an external recruiter agency. It lasted about 45-60 minutes and was competency based. Friendly interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to change the opinion of a group that was initially against your idea.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aker Solutions.

Interview

Full day of presentations about company and business units , included a networking lunch and then a panel interview. Everyone was nice and the questions asked were behavioral type questions. Interview lasted about 25 min.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Interview

The application process started with online application on its website. I was invited to an interview 2 weeks after. They have prepared a list of questions to ask the interviee. chatting style interview through which they can have some knowledge about your personality, academics.

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Pune (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

The recruiter asked about my previous salary but forgot to write it down and had to send me follow up message post call.

I found the opportunity online and applied for it. I received a call from the company advising (agency) me that an interview had been scheduled. I attended the interview where I was ask to complete an application. I completed the application and met with an interviewer and discussed the job.

Talent Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in January 2012.

Interview

2 online test, 1 online psychological test, 1 phone interview, 2 days assessment including one on one interview, individual and group assignments. successful applicant will go thru two years training, job assignment international exposure etc

Interview Questions

• typical interview question, what is your strength, weaknesses etc   Answer Question