Aker Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 4, 2017

2.9

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

I went through two full, multiple hour interviews with one manager and his entire team. I was questioned on everything, from my work ethic to my work experience, from basic engineering 101 to how I would handle inter-personnel conflict. While I appreciate an in depth and thorough interviewing process (I went through similar at FMC) the tone of the entire interview was from the start extremely offensive and borderline rude. I decided before even going to the second interview that regardless of the offer (and it was fair), I did not want to work on this team. The manager was beyond shocked when I declined his offer and told him it was because of what he called an 'unorthodox' interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• Extremely detailed questions about specific calculations.   1 Answer
    • Hypothetical 'what if' situations about issues with clients, colleages, managers, etc.   1 Answer

IT Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in May 2013.

Interview

4 stages of interview. Interviewers are HR, Line Manager, Regional Manager and Global Manager and VP in HQ office. They are friendly and nice. Questions were mostly assessing skills, experience and situation handling. The whole interview process took 5 months until the offer was given.

Interview Questions

• What will you feel if your manager is far way from your office?   1 Answer

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Pune (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

The recruiter asked about my previous salary but forgot to write it down and had to send me follow up message post call.

I found the opportunity online and applied for it. I received a call from the company advising (agency) me that an interview had been scheduled. I attended the interview where I was ask to complete an application. I completed the application and met with an interviewer and discussed the job.

Senior Engineer Interview

Interview

First they conduct Technical Interview-
    After clearing Technical interview they conduct HR interview -
    Salary negotiation in HR interview -
    After all they give offer
    After acceptance of offer, there will be medical test before joining

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Houston, TX).

Interview

Asked lots of troubleshooting questions.......they are the best of the best. When it comes to troubleshooting. Once on job they expect you to already know their product lines.....lol ,....... not much on job training. you have to really be a expert.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They will try to low ball you some....you have to do research...... and know industry standards...... they actually pay the best...... however they expect you to be and ace technician

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Aker Solutions in October 2013.

Interview

Telephonic/Skype interview , mainly on technical points related to pipe stress, FPSO , fixed Platform , Pipe Design Philosphy , Good knowledge of Caesar II Process Piping Code B31.3 Latest version and similar codes and standards need to have

Interview Questions

• Good Idea of Previous project , specially of offshre Pipeing   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Was interviewed as a trainee. They made me felt comfortable even when I answered wrongly.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Klang (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Klang (Malaysia)).

Interview

total of 2 interviews with the Lead and Manager. CV will be screen through by HR before submitting this to the department head for interview arrangement. Min requirement is Degree.

Graduate Talent Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Aker Solutions in December 2012.

Interview

Good initial communication, answered emails quickly. It is slightly obnoxious that you physically have to fill in all info from your CV on their own Easycruiter database - this took a lot of time, and the system is a bit unorganised and complicated. Why not just hire that extra HR person to screen the CV's and cover letters as they are - it is a bit more work for them but makes things a lot more convenient for the applicants.

I went through three online SHL tests (verbal, numerical and competency) before having my phone interview which was made by an external recruiter agency. It lasted about 45-60 minutes and was competency based. Friendly interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to change the opinion of a group that was initially against your idea.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Mumbai (India)) in November 2010.

Interview

Campus Interview, First selection based on Aggregates, then MCQ Test having both Technical and non technical Questions, then Interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the project manager asks you for some information on your Project which you are not aware of, in a Client Meeting. Would u say something like "I dont know" or "Will get back to u", etc   Answer Question