Aker Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aker Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.9

Graduate Engineer Interview

Interview

The application process started with online application on its website. I was invited to an interview 2 weeks after. They have prepared a list of questions to ask the interviee. chatting style interview through which they can have some knowledge about your personality, academics.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aker Solutions.

Interview

Full day of presentations about company and business units , included a networking lunch and then a panel interview. Everyone was nice and the questions asked were behavioral type questions. Interview lasted about 25 min.

Lifecycle Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

The info sent out, stated one hour technical and 1.5 hour behavioral interview then emailed to say they wished to do an initial telephone interview which lasted 20 mins - which involved me going over my cv.

They then sent me a Thomas psychometric profiling questionnaire.

On attending subsequent onsite interview I was given a behavioral interview based on the Thomas Qr (by a young lady no more than 22 yr accompanied with two managers who said very little) instead of the stated technical interview which I hadn't prepared for. The interview bombed.

In addition, they waited 10 days before they slipped in the rejection email which they could have done on the afternoon after the interview.

Finally, I drove 4 hours there and back (400 mls) at considerable expense to myself and yet this company with its billion (£) annual profits didn't even offer to pay travel costs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you were critized and a situation where you critized a colleague.   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

Interview, presentation and team buliding exercise

presentation is for you to show your technical ability, most people did theirs on final year project. Team building exercise is pretty simple just dont over do it and be involved and show you can work well within a group.

Interview is ok just prepare on the basics and cover your HR questions

Interview Questions

• Differences between AC & DC transmission and what are the +ve and -nves   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview conducted in a conference room with two supervising managers. I sat on one side of the table and they sat on the other. I was asked basic engineering conceptual questions as well as behavioral questions related to difficult employees and situational obstacles I've encountered.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with API standards?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Mumbai (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

there was no interview as such for an internship.
    the head of my department knew some of the people working already in the company so my resume was forwarded and depending on my resume alone my selection was made.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not really asked in the negotiation process as the head of my department took care of all the tiny details and did not include me at all.

Drafts Man Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Mumbai (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

Through references only & on contract

Negotiation

Electrical Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

Two hour job interview on site with a technical manager, and an HR assistant then a walk around of the workshop.

First of all, the interview started 20 minutes late due to Aker.

For the first hour and a half the manager went over the role and asked limited complexity technical questions about my background, then the HR guy - who looked uninterested throughout - asked some behavioural questions.

On completion of interview there was no "next step" or timeline on the decision. Instead the HR guy just slipped off without a word leaving me with the manager to show me around. That was the last time I heard from Aker - they didn't even have the courtesy or the integrity to notify me as to their decision - despite having my email address - which is rather dispiriting since I drove 8 hours that day to attend the interview ( I have since heard from others, Aker ONLY respond if the job is offered). It should also be pointed out that the actual job function was misrepresented and didn't bear much relation to job specification sent out - it was a much lower level position than what I was led to believe .

Overall, I found the process disappointing and dispiriting and do not recommend this company to others thinking of applying. Neither interviewers displayed professional outlook - the HR guy obviously bored and the manager didn't give the impression he knew his remit or organised enough to take the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you had to solve a difficult problem ?   1 Answer

Instandhaltungstechniker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Erkelenz (Germany)

(Translated from English)

Application

I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Erkelenz (Germany)) in March 2013.

Interview

Bewerbung über die Webseite des Unternehmens. Lebenslauf und Zeugnisse als PDFs eingereicht. Das Interview fand mit zwei Leuten statt, meinem potentiellen Chef und seiner Sekretärin. Sie stellten mir ein paar recht einfache fachliche Fragen zu Hydraulik und Elektrotechnik. Später hat der Chef mit mir noch einen Rundgang durch die Fabrik unternommen.

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aker Solutions.

Interview

2 interviews - 1st Technical , 2nd HR. Technical round would be limited to your experience and its relevance to the applied position. HR would focus on gauging your beavioural assets to Aker's values with special focus on hands-on management, multi-cultural sensitivity and transparency.