Aker Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.9

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

short process. three interviews total. two over the phone and then one group interview and a technology session and role playing. overall it went really well but I was also well prepared.

Interview Questions

• Long term vision for the industry?   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oslo (Norway)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Oslo (Norway)) in December 2013.

Interview

Very professional. Three rounds of interviews, specifically with HR and then with the department heads or managers. Interviews were not very difficult and people were very approachable and easy to talk to .

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Mumbai (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

there was no interview as such for an internship.
    the head of my department knew some of the people working already in the company so my resume was forwarded and depending on my resume alone my selection was made.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not really asked in the negotiation process as the head of my department took care of all the tiny details and did not include me at all.

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

I went through two full, multiple hour interviews with one manager and his entire team. I was questioned on everything, from my work ethic to my work experience, from basic engineering 101 to how I would handle inter-personnel conflict. While I appreciate an in depth and thorough interviewing process (I went through similar at FMC) the tone of the entire interview was from the start extremely offensive and borderline rude. I decided before even going to the second interview that regardless of the offer (and it was fair), I did not want to work on this team. The manager was beyond shocked when I declined his offer and told him it was because of what he called an 'unorthodox' interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• Extremely detailed questions about specific calculations.   1 Answer
    • Hypothetical 'what if' situations about issues with clients, colleages, managers, etc.   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ågotnes (Norway)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Ågotnes (Norway)) in March 2014.

Interview

I was invited for 3 Interviews in total. First with department manager. Relatively straight forward. 2nd interview was with HR Manager. 3rd Final interview I was offered a contract which had number of days to review and/or accept or reject the offer.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult. Think the interview process was fair and straight forward.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Auburn, AL) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed. It was one-on-one with the engineering manager. Mostly behavioral questions. Some questions about completed coursework and previous work experience. Not many technical questions. I was asked about what I knew about Aker Solutions work. Another one of the engineering managers also conducts interviews so it's possible that your interview could be two-on-one or that the questions could vary.

Coordinator SLS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Houston, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Hiring process was decent. The manager was awesome and he provide a lot feedback about the company. All the questions are script question use Global within the organization. Wish they would be more directive and more honest about the position. Take the job because I wanted the opportunity to get in the oil&gas industry. Overall I would the interview a B-.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle challenges   1 Answer

Negotiation

I presented my offer and counter-offer but we were able to come to a mutual agreement.

Applications Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Casual friendly atmosphere, asking pertinent questions and talking about company, where they are and where they want to go etc. There were 3 peoples asking questions, and interviewing me. Interview took about 30-40 minutes, with a variety of questions pertaining to my education and work history

Cordinatoro Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied online received a call from the recruiter who asked basic questions per my resume. I then received a call to interview at the company with the manager of the department and one other individual. They asked many questions which were mostly based on skills and how I felt in different situations

IT Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in May 2013.

Interview

4 stages of interview. Interviewers are HR, Line Manager, Regional Manager and Global Manager and VP in HQ office. They are friendly and nice. Questions were mostly assessing skills, experience and situation handling. The whole interview process took 5 months until the offer was given.

Interview Questions

• What will you feel if your manager is far way from your office?   1 Answer