Aker Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 16, 2018

2.9

Rotation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Houston, TX).

Interview

Spent a full day at the company's office learning about the company and participating in 5 short interviews with different engineering divisions. We had a lunch break during which all the interviewers and interviewees were able to further their discussions.

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Mumbai (India)) in July 2013.

Interview

Technical oral interview covering all aspect of process engineering. Problem solving approach. Drawing PFD , P&ID. Interview is mainly technical quality and skills, include pump calculations, line sizing calculations, equipment data sheet preparation , instrument process data sheet preparation, understanding of simulation software, PSV calculations, Flare calculations

Interview Questions

• pump hydraulic, line sizing, PFD, P&ID preparation, IPDS and EPDS preparation. Simulation understanding   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oslo (Norway)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Oslo (Norway)) in August 2013.

Interview

After the review of my CV, I was invited to an interview with the manager responsible for the vacancy. I received my offer of employment 3 days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous experience fit in the current vacancy?   1 Answer

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Houston, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Got phone interview as I lived out of state. The electronics manager and his boss called me and talked to me for about 30 mom. Real quick and easy. Got a job offer the very next day in writing with all benefit info.

Interview Questions

• I'm not sure what all they asked. Just general questions about my skills and past jobs, strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Mumbai (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant and relaxed. There were two panelists. One senior engineer from the technical department and another was the Senior HR manager.

First they asked us the usual HR questions like -
    Tell me about yourself?
    What do you know about our company?
    Why Aker Solutions?

Then they inquired about my co-curricular and extra curricular activities which I had mentioned in my resume.

That was all. No technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   1 Answer
    • Why Aker Solutions?   1 Answer

Customer Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Houston, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

I had applied at Aker Solutions and during the interview, I was told that I got the job. It took several months (and many calls from me to the company) for anyone to contact me afterwards letting me know when I could start.

The interview itself was good though, the hiring manager was curious about hearing about myself and asked some basic questions.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with an ERP system like SAP before?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

short process. three interviews total. two over the phone and then one group interview and a technology session and role playing. overall it went really well but I was also well prepared.

Interview Questions

• Long term vision for the industry?   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oslo (Norway)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Oslo (Norway)) in December 2013.

Interview

Very professional. Three rounds of interviews, specifically with HR and then with the department heads or managers. Interviews were not very difficult and people were very approachable and easy to talk to .

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Mumbai (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

there was no interview as such for an internship.
    the head of my department knew some of the people working already in the company so my resume was forwarded and depending on my resume alone my selection was made.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not really asked in the negotiation process as the head of my department took care of all the tiny details and did not include me at all.

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Aker Solutions (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

I went through two full, multiple hour interviews with one manager and his entire team. I was questioned on everything, from my work ethic to my work experience, from basic engineering 101 to how I would handle inter-personnel conflict. While I appreciate an in depth and thorough interviewing process (I went through similar at FMC) the tone of the entire interview was from the start extremely offensive and borderline rude. I decided before even going to the second interview that regardless of the offer (and it was fair), I did not want to work on this team. The manager was beyond shocked when I declined his offer and told him it was because of what he called an 'unorthodox' interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• Extremely detailed questions about specific calculations.   1 Answer
    • Hypothetical 'what if' situations about issues with clients, colleages, managers, etc.   1 Answer