Akin Gump Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.9

Litigation Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Akin Gump (Washington, DC).

Interview

Everyone I encountered throughout the interview process was very nice. First, I had a 10-15 min phone interview with a recruiter, then was invited in for an in-person interview with the current paralegal who I would be replacing, and the paralegal manager. Both were very nice and easy to talk to. Questions were not typical interview questions that you could prepare for. Rather, they would give me a situation and I had to respond with what I would do in that situation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you intentionally disobeyed your supervisor's instructions.   Answer Question

Business Intake Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Akin Gump (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Went to Century City for a video interview with the team in DC. The interview was routine, asking about prior experience and long-term career goals. Met with HR, manager and director of the department. The firm seemed nice but low-balled me on the offer.

Interview Questions

• How is your previous experience relevant to the position you're applying for?   Answer Question

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Akin Gump (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through their career page and then about a month later was contacted by recruiter. Met with 4 members of the group for a half hour each. Covered typical questions.

Interview Questions

• Typical Associate Questions like why this practice group   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Akin Gump.

Interview

This company wasted my time with multiple interviews. The first thing you should expect is a "phone interview" with a recruiting assistant. One of the first, if not the first question you will be asked is about your current salary, and then they will try to determine your willingness to take a pay cut.
    It doesn't seem that they have a clear idea of the experience level they are looking for before beginning the hiring process, or even what the hiring process will entail. I was told they "may bring people back for second interviews," but they
    weren't sure who would conduct these interviews or if they would actually happen. Expect to wait weeks and not here anything regarding the status of the position.

Interview Questions

• One of their favorites (I was asked this more than once): "Tell us about a mistake you made at work and the steps you took to correct it."   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Akin Gump (New York, NY).

Interview

I got an interview through OCI. It was a good interview. Seemed to be more for a personality fit than anything else. People were very friendly and genuine. No one asked difficult questions. Of course every interview is difficult, but i would recommend being prepared with as many questions to ask as possible.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Akin Gump.

Interview

Saw the job ad spammed all over job sites and the requirements seemed reasonable. I was a little cautious because the job seems to have a very high turnover rate. People leave the job after a few months so I found that a bit questionable. I was called by the someone in HR to come in for an interview. I had a video conference with the folks in DC. I recall maybe 6 people sitting and staring at me. It was a bit awkward to the say the least. I quit the job after 2 months.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Akin Gump (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The woman who contacted me about the interview was very nice and made sure that I had detailed instructions on how to get to the building. Very brief interview with a very laid back HR employee. She was very interested in my work experience and made small talk so there were no awkward silences. At the end another employee came to share a view words.

Interview Questions

• Q: Did I have experience with a switchboard.   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Akin Gump (Washington, DC) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online for the position. About 5-7 business days later, a staff member for Human Resources contacted me via email to schedule an in-person interview. During the interview, I met with an HR manager and their supervisor. They asked several questions and then let me know I'd be hearing back from them shortly with a decision. They called the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Akin & Gump? What experience can you bring to the position?   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Akin Gump (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview was conversational and friendly. I spoke about my resume and why I thought I would be a good fit with the firm. I read press releases about recent pro bono work the firm had done prior to the interview and was able to speak about those cases. Be prepared to answer questions about what paralegal work entails and why you are a good candidate to do that work.

IT User Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Akin Gump (Washington, DC) in June 2013.

Interview

2 person interview was nice. Honest and upfront with me about who I would team with and the users I would provide service to. Very straight-forward with the department needs and expectations.

Interview Questions

• If there is something you cannot figure out; how would you go about finding the answer?   1 Answer