Akin Gump Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

3.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Litigation Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Akin Gump (Washington, DC).

Interview

Everyone I encountered throughout the interview process was very nice. First, I had a 10-15 min phone interview with a recruiter, then was invited in for an in-person interview with the current paralegal who I would be replacing, and the paralegal manager. Both were very nice and easy to talk to. Questions were not typical interview questions that you could prepare for. Rather, they would give me a situation and I had to respond with what I would do in that situation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you intentionally disobeyed your supervisor's instructions.   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Akin Gump (Washington, DC) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online for the position. About 5-7 business days later, a staff member for Human Resources contacted me via email to schedule an in-person interview. During the interview, I met with an HR manager and their supervisor. They asked several questions and then let me know I'd be hearing back from them shortly with a decision. They called the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Akin & Gump? What experience can you bring to the position?   Answer Question

IT User Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Akin Gump (Washington, DC) in June 2013.

Interview

2 person interview was nice. Honest and upfront with me about who I would team with and the users I would provide service to. Very straight-forward with the department needs and expectations.

Interview Questions

• If there is something you cannot figure out; how would you go about finding the answer?   1 Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Akin Gump (Washington, DC) in June 2012.

Interview

Met with several partners and associates in office. Interviewers were surface-friendly, but you could tell they'd been burned by candidates before and they were skeptical in an unfriendly way.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about transcript and past work experience. Surprising focus on college grades.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. I accepted right away.

Project Manager Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Akin Gump (Washington, DC) in May 2012.

Interview

Very organized interview process and I was asked appropriate questions that were relevant to the open position and my past experience. I was able to meet the senior partner and understand the important goals and objectives of the position.

Interview Questions

• Explain your relevant experience related to the current job opening.   1 Answer

Marketing Technology Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Akin Gump (Washington, DC) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, then an in-person shortly thereafter (was about a week). Screen was with someone in HR, then met with Marketing Technology Manager and Director of Marketing. They wanted to hire someone quickly as the Manager was about to go on maternity leave.