Akzo Nobel Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 29, 2017

2.9

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide (Columbus, OH).

Interview

It was really straight forward but laid -back at the same time. Paint is tough so they really questioned my aptitude and attitude as well. Moreover, great experience!

Interview Questions

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online, two days later I received an phone interview request. I️ had a 30 minute phone interviewafterwards the manager coordinated an face-to-face panel interview. I️ had interviewed with four people. I️ had an offer within 3 Days after my interview.

Interview Questions

• What’s your Onboarding Process?   Answer Question
    • How do you Handle Global Change Management?   Answer Question
    • Walk me Through Your Work Experience.   Answer Question
    • How do you document employee relation Issues? How do you handle exit interviews and succession planning within an organization.   Answer Question

Indirect Tax Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide (Nashville, TN) in September 2017.

Interview

In person interview with hiring manager, common interview questions were asked. Recommended a follow-up phone interview with the Tax Director in their Chicago office. Phone interview was scheduled for the next day. Tax Director walked through their job description explaining the differences between their role and my current role.

Supply Chain Interview

Interview

The application process is slow and not very exciting. The interview is more about who you are rather than what skills do you have. It is a quite chaotic and not well organised environment.

Interview Questions

• Who you are, what exactly Akzo, why do you live exactly where you live, why did you study in that university etc   Answer Question

Global Learning and Development Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

You first get call from the recruitment administrator and she/he makes an appointment for; a pre- interview with the recruiter (by phone max 30 min) and for an interview with the manager and a team member in person and for an hour.

FTMT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East China, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide (East China, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

R1:Resume screening
    R2: Phone call only to test english level
    R3: Online test including verbal reasoning, numerical, and personality test
    R4: One on one interview/ mainly ask some typical behavior questions
    R5: Assessment center including group and individual cases, pressure interview

offer

Surface Chemistry Rotational Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brewster, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide (Brewster, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I did an on campus interview with the hiring manager and an HR representative. Then I applied for the position online. I was invited to an onsite interview in Brewster, NY. I had 11 one-on-one or small group interviews, gave a 40min research talk, and went on several lab tours.

HRBP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Fast turnaround. Interview over phone with Recruiter, and then Facetime with Hiring Manager, Not very personable, but efficient. The Hiring Manager was young, European, and very dry. After the first 5 minutes I knew there was not a fit. Their issues will continue if they continue to make the same mistakes in hiring and performance.

Interview Questions

• Describe Change Management process and how it would be implemented.   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. I was scheduled for an interview through email, a current employee of the company helped me get in contact with the tax department. On the phone interview I spoke with two tax managers who asked me upfront questions on my items described on my resume. One of the managers then asked me some personal questions and preferences as to where I want my career to go.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous job. What activities did you perform in your organization?   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pontiac, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide (Pontiac, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

They called me to come into one of their plants for an interview. I talked to the head engineering and a few other workers. They gave me a tour of the plant and all the different operations.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about what I have learned in school so far and questions relating to chemical engineering.   Answer Question