Akzo Nobel Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 7, 2017

2.9

FTMT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East China, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide (East China, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

R1:Resume screening
    R2: Phone call only to test english level
    R3: Online test including verbal reasoning, numerical, and personality test
    R4: One on one interview/ mainly ask some typical behavior questions
    R5: Assessment center including group and individual cases, pressure interview

offer

HRBP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Fast turnaround. Interview over phone with Recruiter, and then Facetime with Hiring Manager, Not very personable, but efficient. The Hiring Manager was young, European, and very dry. After the first 5 minutes I knew there was not a fit. Their issues will continue if they continue to make the same mistakes in hiring and performance.

Interview Questions

• Describe Change Management process and how it would be implemented.   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. I was scheduled for an interview through email, a current employee of the company helped me get in contact with the tax department. On the phone interview I spoke with two tax managers who asked me upfront questions on my items described on my resume. One of the managers then asked me some personal questions and preferences as to where I want my career to go.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous job. What activities did you perform in your organization?   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pontiac, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide (Pontiac, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

They called me to come into one of their plants for an interview. I talked to the head engineering and a few other workers. They gave me a tour of the plant and all the different operations.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about what I have learned in school so far and questions relating to chemical engineering.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR. Then a phone interview with the hiring manager. Interview with the manager was very technical. He asked about my experience with Six Sigma and project management.

I was then called onsite to Chicago, IL. I was really impressed with their open office concept. I had an interview with the hiring manager, other project managers and the Director of Operations. I was also asked to give a Black Belt Test for almost 1.5 hrs.

Overall the experience was good and the team was really nice.

Interview Questions

• Explain in detail a Six Sigma Project that you led   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide (Marietta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

I pursued a position in the Marietta office and the recruitment process was initiated by a Sr. Talent Resourcing Partner. The initial phone interview experience pleasurable as the Recruiter's style was conversational, inclusive of a few behavioral questions. Subsequently, I was invited to a panel interview that led to a collaborative, open-forum discussion. I did not obtain the position and was promptly notified of the position status. Overall it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had a problem with a client or team member, how did you address and resolve?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide.

Interview

Overall process took about a month or more (first call to decision). Phone screen, followed by two interviews and a few aptitude assessment tests. Interviews were straightforward; mostly asking about your background, strengths, weakness, and your story. Interviews were conducted in-person or via video depending on availability--could be 1-2 people. Assessment tests can be challenging, depending on your own abilities.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide (Reading, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was not an average interview. That have 6 people working in the industrial type lab and each person met with me and showed me around the lab. So I saw the lab 6 times. I was not a fan of the environment and the poor climate controlled building the position would be held in. The manager of the group seemed miserable and at one point, actually placed her head on the table in frustration of her day during my interview process. Overall, not a good interview on the companies side.

Interview Questions

• Do I mind get my hands dirty? (really)   1 Answer

Benefits Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview was through a employment agency that located me from another job website. The interview was average but i didn't get the job. The company is a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• The basic questions regarding past experience   1 Answer

Principal Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide (Bridgewater, NJ).

Interview

Thorough but not overwhelming and met with different levels and areas of management. However, it took more than 2 months to follow through with an offer and there were some problems with the job title I was given versus what I was offered.