Akzo Nobel Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 4, 2018

2.8

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide (Seattle, WA) in January 2008.

Interview

Filled out application and spoke with manager. He notified his District Mgr who came and interviewed me a couple of days later.

Interview Questions

• How long have you worked in this industry?   1 Answer
    • What does a normal work week entail for you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate. They were extremely tough. Was told that a lot of people are applying.

Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide in March 2015.

Interview

applied only, got an email from HR for an online test.
    After the 3 hour online test got a mail saying I have qualified and they sent another link for personality test which I was supposed to give. all the tests had no hard deadline.

The worst part was that I didn't even give the personality test and I got a reject that, I did not match the criteria, mailed HR that how come without even giving the test I could be rejected, as expected no reply.

The first IQ test was tough and required lot of practice, I would like to suggest to the company, if you have to reject candidates without reason please don't waste our time. Respect out time also.

I have one email saying congratulations you have been sent to next round and another (without even giving the test) saying you did not pass.

I feel that their hiring team is unprofessional, apply to this company only if you want to waste your time.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide (Reading, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was not an average interview. That have 6 people working in the industrial type lab and each person met with me and showed me around the lab. So I saw the lab 6 times. I was not a fan of the environment and the poor climate controlled building the position would be held in. The manager of the group seemed miserable and at one point, actually placed her head on the table in frustration of her day during my interview process. Overall, not a good interview on the companies side.

Interview Questions

• Do I mind get my hands dirty? (really)   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide (Columbus, OH).

Interview

It was really straight forward but laid -back at the same time. Paint is tough so they really questioned my aptitude and attitude as well. Moreover, great experience!

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide (Fayetteville, NC) in June 2012.

Interview

Hired through SASR's and the required human resources steps were taken. I was called and asked if I was interested in this position. I agreed to continue with hiring. I was asked to meet with my regional manager. We interviewed and I was asked to commit to their company. I loved Akzo Nobel and they treat their employee's well.

Interview Questions

• I did not have any difficult questions, I was interviewed by my regional manager who was awesome at her job.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Apply online, receive call from recruiter. Schedule phone interview. After phone interview and cv screening, one online assessment was requested and after passing the assessment, face to face interview. HR recruiting partner was new in company and had no idea about AkzoNobel.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide (Marietta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

I pursued a position in the Marietta office and the recruitment process was initiated by a Sr. Talent Resourcing Partner. The initial phone interview experience pleasurable as the Recruiter's style was conversational, inclusive of a few behavioral questions. Subsequently, I was invited to a panel interview that led to a collaborative, open-forum discussion. I did not obtain the position and was promptly notified of the position status. Overall it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had a problem with a client or team member, how did you address and resolve?   1 Answer

HRBP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Fast turnaround. Interview over phone with Recruiter, and then Facetime with Hiring Manager, Not very personable, but efficient. The Hiring Manager was young, European, and very dry. After the first 5 minutes I knew there was not a fit. Their issues will continue if they continue to make the same mistakes in hiring and performance.

Interview Questions

• Describe Change Management process and how it would be implemented.   Answer Question

Benefits Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview was through a employment agency that located me from another job website. The interview was average but i didn't get the job. The company is a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• The basic questions regarding past experience   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide.

Interview

I was actually located by a recruiter just out of college. The recruiter called me, gave me the rundown, there was a short phone interview followed by two in person interviews. They were round robin style with single interviewers - five the first time, two the second. Varying from a coworker, direct supervisor, technical manager, sales manager, VP.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected was "Why should we hire you instead of a guy who has __ experience?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Unfortunately, I was right out of college and didnt negotiate.