Alabama Power Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alabama Power Interview Questions

3.2

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Selma, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alabama Power (Selma, AL).

Interview

I applied online, was emailed about a week later to take an assessment. After I passed another week later was called in for an interview. All interviews here are panel interviews. The Manager of the office was present, a rep from HR and other managers from surrounding offices. So prepare to make eye contact with everyone in the room. Entire process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to tell a customer something they did not want to hear.   Answer Question

Regional Maintenance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alabama Power (Birmingham, AL) in June 2015.

Interview

They call you about a week ahead of time and set up a interview time. They will email you some information about the interview. It's important to read this thoroughly as it will tell you who the interviewers are, what to wear, and even one of the questions that will be asked.

Interview Questions

• Describe your education and experience that make you a good candidate for the job.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Alabama Power (Birmingham, AL) in February 2015.

Interview

Contacted someone who works here, and they got me a "get to know" meeting that ended up feeling like a technical interview. However, it was very relaxed and casual. The only thing is that I didn't hear anything from them, again, until a month later when I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe your use of a database, particularly Oracle.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They said what their designated pay was and I did not negotiate.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alabama Power (Birmingham, AL) in October 2014.

Interview

I received a call to come for an interview. The interview was rather intimidating because they had a panel of 5 men that interviewed me at once. They asked a series of situational questions that I had no idea of. And i really felt like they didnt give me a chance. I received an email about 2 months later saying they went with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Act out your response to being the incharge officer dealing with a riot outside of the building.   Answer Question

Customer Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alabama Power (Montgomery, AL) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed in a panel interview of six people who all asked various questions. You are given the questions verbally and written. Interview is not hard but can be intimidating if your not use to panel interviews.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your weaknesses?
      When did you go over and beyond for a customer during a difficult situation?
      Answer Question

Electrical Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alabama Power (East Birmingham, AL) in June 2014.

Interview

I was interview by the 3 supervisors from the Protection & Control Department. The interview was great. I wasn't ask any technical questions. I was contacted immediately after the interview via the recruiter and was made an offer.

Interview Questions

• What do I know about Southern Company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiating needed

Financial Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alabama Power in January 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and he talked to be over the phone and told me about the job and the interview process. The interview was located at the location where I would work. The interview was conducted with a panel of 4 (direct supervisor, his superior, a representative from corporate and a HR representative). The recruiter prepared you for the interview process by providing some example questions of what might be asked. This was very helpful. The interview was handled very professionally.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example where you did not sit back and let others take responsibility to get something done.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was very good. More than I expected.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alabama Power (Birmingham, AL) in June 2013.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with HR where resume was discussed. Follow-up in person interview a little more in-depth. There were a couple of "tests" including a personality profile and skills test. All in all pretty average interview. There were mainly questions about my previous skills and experience mixed with so scenario questions and a few social trick questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if I gave you an elephant as you left today?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alabama Power (Birmingham, AL) in September 2012.

Interview

I applied and two weeks later they called me for an interview. There were 4 interviewers. Each asked one question and the final question was why I want the job. Two were friendly and two were not. They called me a week later and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions, why do you want this job, situation questions, tell me about yourself, skills etc   Answer Question

Engineer III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alabama Power in September 2012.

Interview

Basic standard interview with a panel. Tell me a situation when you... each panel member asked a specific question. Allowed time to ask your own questions. Allowed to tour a plant after the interview. Overall it was a positive experience.