Alamo Rent A Car Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alamo Rent A Car Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.4

Rental Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alamo Rent A Car.

Interview

First, there is a brief 15 minute phone interview (if you pass, you must go through 3 in-person interviews). The phone interview is very short and it will feel very rushed. Second, there is an in-person interview at the corporate (HR) location. Third, you interview with the area and branch manager at the location to which you are applying. The fourth interview is with the regional manager back at the corporate office. Also, you are given a checklist to print out and take to the area/branch manager interview. You are expected to ask all of the questions on the sheet, check them off, sign it, then have the area/branch manager fax this list back to corporate

Alamo is a company in transition so some aspects may seem unorganized - time of interview, questions, answers, etc. Unfortunately, the questions I had during the interview were left unanswered.

Interview Questions

• List these 4 things in order of importance to you: Opportunity, Work-Life-Balance, Money, Recognition. If given this job, what would make you quit/leave?   Answer Question

Not the right company for me

PT Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alamo Rent A Car (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online. A few days later I had a phone interview and an in person interview the following day. The day after the interview I got a call back to proceed with a background screening. I am currently waiting on my results.

Interview Questions

• How do you work under pressure?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever had any problems with being on time to work in your previous job?   Answer Question

Return Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alamo Rent A Car (Clearwater, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Process was perfect, I already worked for the company anyway, so the interview process was very streamlined. I had already answered most of the questions the managers intended to ask...

Interview Questions

• how I handled customer complaints   1 Answer

Return Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alamo Rent A Car (Miami, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was very simple and basic. Questions about yourself and what can you bring to the table if they hired you. Try to always ask questions and to sound like you are very interested, if not look around the room (typically the employer's office) and try to find something you have common interest in and get a conversation going, it is always better to keep the conversation going than to be quiet throughout the interview process.

Interview Questions

• A time you dealt with a customer and what did you do to help?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alamo Rent A Car (Oakland, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied first in November, then again in January. They called me for a phone interview went over my work experience and asked questions about if I had any moving violations and my flexibility. I was invited to a face to face interview at the location I would be working. I was suprised when I got there that it would be three people asking me different questions so I was nervous. He let me know that they would tell me right after if I got the job or not. Mostly sales background questions, about being able to reach your sales good and so on. After the interview I sat in the break room while they made their decision. After 5mins he came and got me and wanted me to see for 30mins what it would be like working there. So I was behind the counter with the employee's watching them do their job. After an hour he came back and got me and they asked me what did I think of the day, do I feel it's something I could do. After everything was said and done I was offered the job. Just waiting on my background to clear then everything is a go.

Interview Questions

• I really don't remember any questions but they were straight forward and really just about sales questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lihue, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alamo Rent A Car (Lihue, HI) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online at go.alamo.com this was actually the 6th time I've tried. I would literally apply every six months; finally got a call from the recruiter. She asked me some basic questions and set up my interview for the following week. Being that I just moved to Lihue at the time I wasn't aware where the facility was, so I got lost ended up being late by 20 minutes.
    Met with the station manager, talked about the job shared my past customer experience. Hired on the spot. Literally started two week later; and was flown to honolulu for training.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alamo Rent A Car (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed, interviewed with the area manager. Mostly questions about past experience and what I was expecting from the job. I was offered a position immediately after the interview. Began working about two week later.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult problem I faced as a technician   1 Answer

Sales Agent Alamo Interview

Interview

Mostly situational questions - tell me about a time when...

Interview Questions

• All the questions were the same - tell me about a time when...   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, just an hourly and here are the commissions.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Alamo Rent A Car (Atlanta, GA) in December 2013.

Interview

A few standard questions. i.e. why alamo? tell me about yourself? Everyone was very nice. I certainly would suggest being a few minutes early and be open to answer questions about scheduled availability.

Interview Questions

• How often do you feel you can close a sale?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was pretty straight forward. there wont be too much room for negotiations without experience and even with experience do not expect more that $12.50 an hour. you are expected to earn the money you want through sales.

Exit Booth Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alamo Rent A Car (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

I was called by a woman in Human Resources and then was set up with and interview with the department hiring manager. When I physically interviewed I was told this was a fast paced, high volume position. I had to agree to multiple shift changes. I was put through a not so extensive background check, and was not administered a drug test. I was interviewed and hired within a week.

Interview Questions

• If I am able to work with multiple different attitudes and personalities.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate any terms.