Alarm.com Quality Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Alarm.com Quality Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Alarm.com

Quality Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a 6 hour interview on site. The interview included lunch an a tour of the building. I had around 5 interviewers who were all very nice and approachable.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to name different things I would test on a device they were working on.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Alarm.com

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alarm.com.

Interview

Long day, but the team was super kind and knowledgable. You meet with a lot of people, practically the whole team, but it felt like a relatively natural process and not too forced. The office was amazing and there was a great tour to start the day. Some of the conversations were based around technical answers while others were more organic and more personality geared.

Interview Questions

• How many test cases can you come up with for this smoke detector?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alarm.com (Tysons, VA) in November 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. First step if of course applying to the position, then a month later I received an email for a phone screening. Once they heard about my experience, I was then scheduled for a phone interview with one of the engineers, who worked as a quality engineer. He then gave his notes to HR and I was then scheduled to come in for an in person interview. Just as others have stated the in person interviews are long and can be tiring. I personally interviewed with 5 engineers and one of them was a lunch interview. Each interview was different in the way the engineer wanted you to describe your experience, go through a testing scenario, and even conducting brain teasers. The lunch interview was a little awkward because they were asking questions while you were trying to eat and I finished eating last because I had to constantly talk. You should expect to spend at least 5-6 hours there just for interviews. They did offer water or coffee after each interview, which was a plus.

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alarm.com in December 2018.

Interview

Has a screening call with a recruiter about the position and relevant experiences. Just the first round which was to explain the position. Be prepared to be asked for a desired salary.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that would allow you to succeed?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alarm.com (Tysons, VA) in December 2017.

Interview

Phone Screen with HR, then a phone interview with a Quality Engineer, then an on-site visit where I interviewed with 6 different people for 45 minutes each. Full day on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions referring to my resume - just need to be able to speak to your previous roles and experiences and be able to relate them to the position. A couple of brain teasers, and test cases were given as well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alarm.com (Tysons, VA).

Interview

HR contacted me through phone had a short interview with her, then had a phone screening which went very well. After 1 week had an interview in person. It took all day, 5 hours interview with 7 different people, each took 45 min interview. It was very exhausting, they basically wants someone who knows interface testing and can test their devices. Requirements were very confusing, asked few brain teasers, test cases, was handed few devices and asked how I will I test it. I felt like if they were more straight about what they need in their requirements it would have been better for me. We had a lunch interview with two QA people, it was a bit awkward answering questions while you are eating. They paid for it so its good

Interview Questions

• 1. Angle between two clock handle when time is 3.15.
      2. What is Quality in Quality Assurance   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alarm.com (Washington, DC).

Interview

I met the company at a career fair and then was called that night for an on campus interview. This interview was normal interview style questions. The next week I was called to visit their headquarters in Tyson's Corner in DC. This interview was longer and I spoke to 6 people. They asked many questions about my resume, had me do little tests, and brain teasers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alarm.com (New York, NY).

Interview

Had two phone interviews, then an in-person day of interviews at their headquarters in Tysons. It was a very long day, and I had about 8 interviews (45 mins each). They asked everything about my resume, and some technical questions and brain teasers/case studies.

Interview Questions

• if you, your boss, and a co-worker are standing on the three corners of a giant slice of pizza, and you can go either clockwise or counterclockwise, what're the odds there will be a collision?   1 Answer

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Alarm.com.

Interview

Very short phone interview, about 15-20 min. Typical behavioral questions and questions regarding my resume. They asked why I wanted to be a quality engineer or what experience I had with quality assurance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Alarm.com (Vienna, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview took all day and I was interviewed by six different individuals from different parts of the company. Having an interview that goes on for that long full of brain teasers to see how you think was just tiring. They did offer water before every new interview and the hotel accommodation was nice but the interview process itself was tedious and could have been a little bit more organized. I was more happy to leave the interview than actually enthusiastic about the position at the end of the day.