Alarm.com Software Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alarm.com Software Engineering Interview Questions

Interviews at Alarm.com

Anonymous Employee in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alarm.com (Tysons, VA).

Interview

Process starts with a phone screen, then a secondary phone interview. If you pass that, they invite you to the HQ for a 6 hour interview with the team for which you applied.

Interview Questions

• Explain your role in one of the more difficult projects listed on your resume.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Alarm.com

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alarm.com (McLean, VA) in November 2018.

Interview

Phone Screen, Hackerrank, full day in person (5ish rounds including a lunch interview). Nothing too out of the ordinary for a tech company that takes its hiring of SEs seriously. Interviewers were all friendly and I didnt get the dreaded no input interviewer

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your strongest technical skills and then specific questions about those, a couple of leetcode style design/coding questions, open ended questions about how i would implement a feature   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Alarm.com.

Interview

After speaking to recruiters at my school's career fair, I applied online through my school's job website. They reached out to me shortly after, wanting to set up a brief phone interview. I had a short, 20-minute or so phone call with a recruiter who asked me some basic questions about my education and experience. After this, they emailed me, offering me to complete a HackerRank coding challenge. I successfully completed it and was invited to an onsite interview. This interview consisted of four one-on-one interviews and an informal lunch interview where two employees took me to a restaurant. Each one-on-one interview took about 45 minutes and consisted of experience, behavioral, technical, and whiteboard questions. The whole in-person interview process took around 4.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• Suppose you have two unsorted lists of arbitrary size, one larger than the other, each containing numbers. You want to determine all the numbers that appear in both lists. How would you go about doing this?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alarm.com in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks. The onsite one has 4 1:1 and 2:1 interviews plus one test and 1 lunch interview. Almost exhausted when the last one started.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a String.
      Why did you applied.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alarm.com (Vienna, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process went smoothly. I first got the phone interview which lasted about 30 mins with online code writing. About one week later, HR mailed me about availability for onsite interview. There were four round 1:1 interviews with the leads of various software engineering teams, a lunch interview and a 30 mins written test. Most of the interview questions were behavior and system design questions like what will you do for alarm.com if you have 100 million dollars, only one involved coding. All the interviewers are friendly except one who showed no interest in me at all.

After talking with some of the employees, my feeling about alarm.com is that the organization is not so good. People only know what they are doing but don't know what others are doing even they are in the same team. No communication across departments. The main language is C# in the company, which I don't quite like.

Interview Questions

• What will you do for alarm.com if you have 100 million dollars. In the written test, read the code and explain or improve (bubble sorting, count occurrences for each number in a given set), simple brainteaser, write code to implement for binary tree BFS.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alarm.com (Vienna, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

First round: campus interview, talked about background and had a very easy coding problem. The interviewers were really nice and friendly.

On site: 4 rounds + 1 writing test. Only 1 round involved coding, others were behavior and system design questions. It felt that the company really wanted to dig your thoughts, but without giving feedback. One of the interviewers kept asking questions like: "Why should we hire you but not others, as we can find better candidates? " Well, I admit that I'm not Einstein and there are programmers better than me out there. After I politely answered his question by discussing my advantages, he commented: "I got what I need, at least you are honest." Thanks for the "compliment"

Well, as one of my friends told me, this company had its special interview process, so be prepared.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Alarm.com.

Interview

I was referred by some one and I got two phone screening, but I didn't pass the second one although I answered all the questions. I guess it was due to my long distance from the location of the company.

Interview Questions

• The two interviews that I had was not at all hard. It only included basic knowledge of OOP with C#.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Alarm.com.

Interview

Communications were prompt and very helpful. There was a phone screen, and then within a week, there was a full day on-site interview that involved a series of one on one interviews with the leads of various software engineering teams. Organization of visit for on-site interviews was impeccable, and most of the interviewers were friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Fairly standard software engineering interview question about different graph traversals, and required writing out explicit pseudo-code for each one.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Alarm.com.

Interview

There are 4-5 interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alarm.com (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I briefly introduced myself at the University Career Fair and was immediately set up with an interview for the next day. The interview lasted about half an hour. After a few weeks I was called back to follow the next steps. The next step involved taking an online coding test. About a week later, I was told that an offer would be made and sent my way in the coming days.

Interview Questions

• Why does Java only allow single inheritance?   1 Answer