Alarm.com Technical Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alarm.com Technical Account Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Alarm.com

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alarm.com (Vienna, VA) in November 2012.

Interview

Initially met the company at a career fair - very friendly and enthusiastic about what they do. Had two on-campus interviews and then went to Vienna for on-site interviews all day. Had about seven 45 minute interviews throughout the day, as well as a nice lunch out. Throughout the day the hiring manager I had been communicating with stopped by my interview room to ask if I needed any water/coffee or anything - very welcoming. The first couple interviews were largely behavioral - asking about my past experience, why I wanted to work at Alarm.com, what I was looking for in a company, how I choose my major, etc. A few brainteasers were thrown into the mix. The interviewers in the afternoon were higher-ups in the company and asked more in-depth questions to better understand if I would be a good fit for their teams. All interviewers were very open to sharing their experience with the company and how their career path led them there.

Interview Questions

• The brain teasers were not hard - just required a little bit of thinking and keeping cool under pressure. They want to see how you approach and analyze a problem, as well as how you evaluate your answer choice and think on your feet. At the on campus interview the question was "estimate how many golfballs could fit inside a school bus". On-site one was "there are 4 people that need to get off an island. One takes 1 minute to cross the bridge, one takes 2 minutes, one takes 7 minutes, and one takes 9 minutes. There is one flashlight and it must be used when crossing the bridge. What is the fastest way to get everyone across?" Neither required super out-of-the box thinking, and if I got stuck they offered me a hint which led me to the answer. Look up some practice brain teasers online beforehand and relax and have fun when answering them!   Answer Question
  • Make sure you have sincere and genuine answers to the question "why do you want to work for Alarm.com" Their culture is relaxed yet professional, and they truely want new hires who are excited to be there. Developing an answer to that question beforehand will help you get excited about being there and convey a sense of authenticity to the interviewer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was very able to negotiate for the number that I had in mind. The hiring manager was very responsive to my requests and timely with emails. They don't want to lose anyone over salary or benefits.

Other Interview Reviews for Alarm.com

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alarm.com.

Interview

The interview process was quite long but worth it. Given the great training they provide once you're hired, it makes sense to go through multiple interviews as they want to make sure they pick the right candidate to invest in.
    The process took about 3 months so I ha 8 interviews in total. The teams (both HR and hiring managers) are friendly, punctual and overall provided a great experience.
    Although 8 interviews seemed long, they never made me feel uncomfortable or asking ridiculous questions. All questions were relevant to the job and to real situations.
    One thing to note is that they did ask to prepare for a 20 min presentation so be ready for that!

Interview Questions

• How do you know what projects or tasks to prioritize for certain clients?   Answer Question