Alarm.com Technical Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Alarm.com Technical Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Alarm.com

4.0

Technical Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alarm.com in November 2012.

Interview

Met at school career fair. First interview for management development position was 2:1 panel, asked behavioral questions, specifically trying to target your problem solving skills then ended with a brain teaser. Final interview was on-site in Vienna, had 4 one on one interview and 2 panel interviews. Expressed interest of Sales development position and was able to interview with the director of channel development for a technical sales role.

Interview Questions

• You have 10 stacks of coins. Every individual stack has 10 coins in it. Every coin weighs one gram, except for one stack where every coin weighs .9 grams. With one scale, what is the fewest amount of measurements to figure out which is the light stack?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Great benefit package, and were very willing to negotiate salary if other offers were competitive. They were also more than happy to extend the offer expiration date in order to accommodate other offers.

Other Interview Reviews for Alarm.com

Technical Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Alarm.com (Blacksburg, VA) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied online through my university's career portal and was accepted for an interview. I interviewed with 2 employees on campus and was asked to interview at the company's headquarters in Vienna. There, I met with 6-7 people from various departments over the course of about 5 hours. The interviews were very relaxed; I was mostly asked about my past experience along with some behavioral questions and a few brain teasers. Everyone was incredibly friendly and accommodating. I was put up in a nice hotel the night before, taken out to lunch by some of the employees, and reimbursed for gas. After the interview, the HR department was very quick to get back to me. This company is very on top of things; you will not wait for weeks to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• The brain teasers. They are not too difficult, but require you to reason and think quickly on your feet. Do some practice ones on your own prior to the interview. They will give you hints to help you answer the question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The HR department was great and easy to work with. Upon receiving an offer, I needed more time than was allotted (1 week) to make a decision. They happily obliged and gave me a few more weeks.