Alaska Airlines Customer Service Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alaska Airlines Customer Service Agent Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2017

61 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Did the video interview and received a call the next day from a recruiter. You have 30 seconds to think about your answer and it gets recorded. No turning back! I think if you smile and are positive during your video interview you'll get a call back even if you mess up a little. Went to the face to face interview and there was about 30-35 people there. On the phone the recruiter mentioned we would be doing group activities but when I was at the interview we had a one on one with someone from HR and then another interview with a duty supervisor or manager. Everyone was very friendly! Don't be nervous. Talk with the people around you and relax!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Alaska Airlines?   1 Answer
  • How would you greet someone while checking in?   Answer Question
  • Has your current manager ever given you criticism and how did you take it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Alaska Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Fremont, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got an email back the next day asking to do a video interview. Two days later got a email asking for my phone number and she responded with a time she would call. This happened on a Friday so on a Monday I got a phone interview with simple questions and asking am I close to the location, and about the pay. I was then invited to a 1 on 1 interview which was a week later. Group interview had about 20people there who applied for Oakland and San Jose. They go over the company, what you would expect working there as far as pay and benefits and also the hours. After that they split us up in groups, a lady would read a question out loud and within our group we had to each answer the question to someone that work for the company. Simple customer service questions, which I been on airline interviews before and regular interviews I no longer get nervous. I thought me and another guy in my group did really well while the other 3 lady's kinda fell short and were nervous or got way off track answering a question. After we played that game they gave us all a time to come back for a 1 on 1 interview. That was simple a couple yes or no questions, talk about your work experience and a couple more questions. After that she should we will find out in about 3 or 4days. I got an email the next day saying thanks but no thanks. Looks like if they don't tell you right then and there or call you after then you don't have the job. I was really suprised, I did really well so after that I don't know what they are looking for. This is my 2nd interview with the company, 1st was 6yrs ago. To apply again I have to wait 6months.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to handle a difficult customer and how did you deal with it   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview then in-person interview where you go over company stuff and then group activity then one on one and they tell you right away if you are hired or not.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (San Diego, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied. Got an email a week later to do a video interview. Than a call from a recruiter to go in for a face to face interview next week. Excited!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a video interview invite, submitted it within a couple days, got an email asking for good time to speak with phone recruiter. Passed that she invited me to the hiring event. Went and did some group activities, got the one-on-one. Harvey who actually works for Virgin America interviewed me. Was kind of rude because when asked how they determined if we go to a training in Seattle or Alaska he asked and I quote "why does it matter?" In a rather rude tone. Then when asked for clarification on another answer he repeated to me hos answer as if I was a child. Not very nice and needless to say didn't the offer my friend also commented he was rude to her and we both had prior airline experience but overall ok experience just the one guy Harvey wasnt very nice.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really just if iwas avaliable to work, limitations, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Portland, OR) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online for this open position at PDX. I was then interviewed on the phone for about 5 minutes and then invited to an in person interview the following week. It started as a group session with about 12 candidates. They reviewed job requirements and benefits for about an hour. I was then interviewed one on one.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked together with your team to accomplish a difficult task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied Online and then 2 weeks later received an email to do an online interview. You have 48hrs to complete the interview once you log on. I was given 8 questions. Once you hit view question have 30 secs before it starts to record. Just finished the interview and waiting for the next step.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a customer service agent with Alaska Airlines.   Answer Question
    • Which of our mission statement resonates well with you and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Portland, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and it took one week. I got a rejection email first then got a call for a week later from the recruiter. There was no video interview. I was schedule to attend a interview. At the interview we watched a 30 min orientation video about the company then we went in for a one on one. If we were selected then we would go in for a second interview and would know by the next day if we were selected.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Alaska airlines?
      Tell me about yourself?
      How do you greet a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online through their careers website and got an email by their hiring manager within a couple of days with a link to a video interview. The video interview questions were like most typical interview questions, however it was a tad awkward having to see yourself during the interview. After I completed the video interview I got a phone call back within two days. The conversation went smoothly until I was honest about my school schedule. I told her I wouldn't be available to work only Tuesday and Wednesday evenings (still available in the morning) but she instantly made me aware that they are not flexible with any kind schedule and that there a lot of student candidates that apply but unfortunately cannot be offered a job due to any kind of unavailability. School comes first, so I politely thanked her for the opportunity and told her I would consider applying at a better time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • Are you able to multitask being on the computer and helping customers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Santa Ana, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Afterimg applying on 3/10/17 I got an email to do a video interview on 3/21/17. They give you 72hrs to do it so I did it on 3/22/17 and got a call that same day to do a face to face interview on the following Wednesday. It was a group of 20 people interviewing. It started out as an orientation, then group activity, then 1:1 interview. The interviews go by who got there first to the last. I was the first to arrive so I interviewed first. Got a call a few hours later offering the position.