Alaska Airlines Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alaska Airlines Director Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in SeaTac, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (SeaTac, WA).

Interview

Applied online 3 months before receiving a call
Phone interview - going through resume with recruiter, and On-site interview - one week after phone.

Weeks after the on-site interview, I still haven't heard from them despite my thank you e-mail/query. Being silent after the on-site interview is not a good, modern-day practice as an employer. People were friendly at the interview but afterwards, be prepared for the silent treatment. Impression: old school.

Interview Questions

• Met with three MD's including the hiring manager. Generic questions like why are you interested in this role, walk me through your resume, as well as digging really deep on certain projects/roles on your resume   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Alaska Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

group panel interview with hiring manager and recruiter, followed by an interview with peers. No followup after the interviews you just have to assume you did not get the job if you dont hear back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in SeaTac, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (SeaTac, WA).

Interview

There were two interviews, with the third to be with the division VP. The first interview was with the hiring manager (Managing Director) and an HR representative. The second interview was with peers; both directors in the same group. I was not passed on to the third interview.

Pros: The people I met with were quite nice. The HR representatives I spoke with for scheduling interviews were accommodating of my schedule conflicts.

Cons: The hiring manager didn't appear to know what she wanted from a final candidate. I was surprised at how surface level the questions were, with no apparent expectation that I discuss how I would show success in such a role or my past leadership experience. Post interview, the feedback was highly conflicting between the hiring manager and HR. The two were not on the same page.

I would not be interested in applying for future positions in that part of the organization.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do now that we won't see as beneficial for years to come?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines in May 2014.

Interview

From application to in-person interview the process took about 4 weeks. The phone call was with a manager within HR, and the in-person interview was with the HR rep and the Managing Director.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in May 2011.

Interview

1:1 questioning was straightforward and targeted to the profession. First interview was by phone with an outside agency retained by Alaska. First question, "have you used tobacco products in last 6 months?" Strange first question that had me thinking in a different way about AA than I had walking into the interview. I get the focus on health, but "HI Mr. X, do you smoke" was a strange start. Nothing about the company, the process, how great it is to work here, the job etc...

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected other than "do you use tobaccos products"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in SeaTac, WA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (SeaTac, WA) in March 2008.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview in response to an online application. Met with hiring manager and the person one level up. Very thoughtful people and great interview questions. The usual questions, plus some that had clearly taken thought to come up with. Later was invited back to interview with some folks with whom the role would interact. People seemed very earnest, committed, and friendly.

The disappointing part of the process was that, after three rounds of interviews, they never followed up with me. Ever.