Alaska Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alaska Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

3.2

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online at the end of January and received a invitation to take the Hirevue video interview on February 8th and did the interview on February 10. You have 3 days to take the interview. I really don't like video interviews, I don't think they give a fair reflection of the applicant whose applying for the job, but that's what most airlines are doing these days. It's also really awkward and uncomfortable to have to look at yourself as you're being recorded answering the questions. I felt like I stuttered my way through the interview and basically bombed it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you provided exceptional customer service.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an unhappy customer.   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to become a flight attendant for Alaska Airlines?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you were part of a team and had to resolve a conflict.   Answer Question
  • How will you handle the demands of being a flight attendant?   Answer Question
  • Tell us about your work experience and resume.   Answer Question
  • Time you had to provide for the safety of customers.   Answer Question
  • What part of Alaska Airlines mission of safety and exceptional customer service do you support and how will help them achieve that?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Alaska Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online in Sep of 2016. Received and email in October for a video interview. By the end of November I received a phone call to get invited to a face to face. I scheduled my face to face in the end part of February.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The whole process so far has taken 4 months. I received my invitation for the HireVue video interview about 2 months after submitting my application online. In the interview, I was asked 9 questions (typical job interview questions i.e. "Why do you want to work for Alaska?". I had 30 seconds to prepare for my recorded video answer, and about 2 minutes to answer each question.

Since I wasn't contacted for so long, I had assumed I didn't make the cut, but 7 weeks after submitting my video, I was invited to the in-person interview in Seattle. I'll be attending the in-person interview next week!

Interview Questions

• Describe a moment of great stress. How did you handle it, and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines.

Interview

Started with orientation. Had scheduled group interviews with about 10 people and a scheduled two on one interview. Group lasted one hour. Two on on lasted 30 minutes. Had to wait for everyone to finish and then found out if we got the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you experienced bad customer service as a customer. Name a time you had good experience as a customer.   Answer Question
    • What does professionalism mean to you?   Answer Question
    • Have you taken any thought to moving to anchorage Alaska? How do you feel about it?   Answer Question
    • What would be the most challenging part about being a flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • If you knew you couldn't evacuate people out the back of the plane but a superior/lead flight attendant said you could, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I loved the fact that they told us if we got it or not before we left! No waiting!! :)

There is a one on one interview and a group. The one on one asks you more questions about your resume and customer service experience.
    The group interview... you are given a scenario and have to explain how you would handle it.

Be prepared to ask current flight attendants all of your questions! There is a lot of time for that!

Interview Questions

• Scenario: If there is one flight attendant on your flight that refuses to wear a part of the company uniform (lanyard) what would you tell them?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, week later did the video interview, then couple weeks later received invite to in person interviews. Had interview with two HR people for about fifteen minutes, waited a few hours then group interview with about 25 others. Went back to large conference room and then privately offered the position and given laynard.

Interview Questions

• What if you saw a fellow FA cutting corners and not doing all safety checks. What would you do?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I interviewed at Alaska Airlines in November 2016.

Interview

There were 40 of us in the room each table had three Alaska employees available for us to ask questions you had a group interview time and a 2 on one interview time. in the group interview you were divided into 2 groups, giving a situational question and a few minutes to prepare for and then you had to solve the question. after the one on one you govback into a room and waited for them to either call your name, which meant you were excused from the process or remain in the room. out of our group 13 were hired

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Took 3 weeks. Applied online, got a video interview through email 1 week later. Got an email for F2F interview the next week after the video was submitted. @ the F2F interview I was there from 7:30a-2:30p. We had name tags ready made for us prior to getting there. Introduce yourself right when you get there. There's so many people you'll meet that's from out of state/city. Get comfortable with them because you'll be waiting for like 5hrs total. Be friendly and outgoing. Everyone is nervous there so talking to other candidates will help your nerves lol. There was about 60 of us. Our name tags had our times for what time our group interviews and your one on one interviews were. Then they called us one by one to tell us if we got hired or not! I love that they didn't send us home without telling us if we got the job or not.

PS. It's nerve racking but just BE YOURSELF during the interviews :)

Interview Questions

• If we were to call your prior job what would the manager say about you?   Answer Question
    • How much research did you do or know about our company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Within two weeks I got the email for the online interview. Basic interview questions. Interview was short. I was asked a question, had 30 seconds to think about it then I had to answer the question in less than 2 min. I thought I hadn't done very well but the next day I was then asked to choose between 3 dates for an in person interview. Just waiting on my date to arrive!

Interview Questions

• How have experiences shaped you for this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email two weeks later with an opportunity to do an online video interview. It was a bit awkward looking at myself while I answered the questions and I was very nervous, however, it must have been ok because I got a call from the recruiter to go to another interview in Los Angeles.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Alaska Airlines?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you had a safety issue at work and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question