Alaska Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 7, 2017

3.1

179 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines.

Interview

I submitted my resume March 1st 2017. Throughout the span of almost 4 months, I kept receiving emails from my recruiter that they are still reviewing resumes and I would be notified on the next step. June 28th I receive an email invitation for a video interview and I submitted it June 29th. This is a pretty long process so far, I almost forgot that I applied to Alaska in the first place!

The video interview process was smooth! I did A TON of research and it helped me out tremendously. I dressed up and even rearranged my room to make it appropriate for the interview. It took me about 3 hours of prep and then 1 hour to do the interview questions.

I've yet to hear back so I'll update this as it comes.

Interview Questions

• We're excited to get to know you. Can you share a few highlights from your resume?   Answer Question
  • Please share with us why you want to work at Alaska Airlines as a Flight Attendant.   Answer Question
  • Alaska Airlines' mission is to have the best people, provide the safest and best service for the best value to each customer each day. What part of your mission resonates with you most and how will you contribute to our success?   Answer Question
  • Our fun loving, energetic and adventurous personality comes from our Alaska spirit as does our customer service. Tell us about a time when you exceeded a customer's service expectation.   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time when you received negative feedback from an unhappy customer. What was the situation and how did you turn it around?   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time when you were part of a team that experienced conflict. How did you handle the situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
  • As a Flight Attendant, you will have a varied schedule requiring you to work weekends, evening, and holidays. How are you prepared to meet the demands of this challenging schedule?   Answer Question
  • Safety is #1 here at Alaska Airlines. Tell us about a time when you took action to ensure the safety and security of others. What was the situation and the outcome?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Alaska Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Arrived at hotel around 7:00 am. Checked in. Everyone was very friendly. Was asked to take off shoes for height test. Sat in a large group and watched a presentation about Alaska Airlines. We then broke off into smaller groups and casually chatted while we waited for our group interview and one on one.

Interview Questions

• They asked to share a time when a customer was upset and how we solved the problem.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines.

Interview

I was very disappointed in the application process. With having to input so much information on to my resume, then application with 10 year work history and duties and reason for leaving only to have the application error then causing a freeze which erased my 45 plus mins of 10 year history data Input, not once but twice.

Needless to say I couldn't give it a 3rd chance due to me only have 6 hours from having seen the post to the apps deadline.

Alsakas Sky's may be friendly, but there job application is not.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines.

Interview

My entire interview process from application to training took ten months. I uploaded a cover letter with my resume. The video interview was straightforward and I took the time to look up the values of Alaska Airlines so that I could use that info for the VI. Face to face interview was amazing. Many employees come in from across the company to help with interviews. The group interview and one on one were both an opportunity to shine and show the recruiters why you are Alaska, also a time to show how you work with others.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied when the window opened up for a few days in July. Within a week I had a video interview. It's pretty straight forward and if you do some research, you will find most the questions or similar questions spread out through this website. Definitely dress the part and I would even advise doing it on a computer because it might be weird doing it on a tablet or phone. Also, smile! SMILE SMILE! It is weird talking to yourself, but if you just make yourself smile after you talk or end with a giggle, it shows you are laid back and happy. The first questions I was nervous, but then you ease in it. Just be yourself. I was invited for a face to face and I'm excited! Will come back with that process later.

Interview Questions

• 1.) Why Alaska?
      2.) Name a time where you had a disagreement with a coworker and what was the solution
      3.) What part of the Alaska mission statement resonates most with you
      4.) Explain a time where you went above and beyond in customer service

That's all I remember. The others are spread out here or very similar.   5 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

It took a while to hear that they wanted me to complete the online interview. After submitting the interview I heard back the next day that they wanted me for an in person interview. 2 weeks later I flew to Seattle for the interview. I had a really good one on one interview but I think my group interview wasn't quite strong enough. You really have to stand out in that group setting because the people making the decisions only see you for that short amount of time.

Interview Questions

• how important do you think communication is on a team?   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Just started the process. Submitted application and received video interview which I am doing now. I am really hoping to get to the next phase of the process . I am trying to use this site to get information so I can ace my interview

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and heard back a couple weeks later to do the video interview. Anyone who has done one ( if your like me) it's super nerve wracking!! BUT study, role play with someone so you feel less awkward when answering the questions. 2 weeks later I got a call that I was invited to the face-to-face interview. I am SO excited!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a conflict with someone at work, how did you handle it and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Corona, CA).

Interview

This process for me was amazing!!!!! I applied back in September of 2016. I received an email to complete a video interview in February of 2017. In May I received an invitation to attend a face to face interview.
    On May 16th , I attended the face to face interview where there were a total of 60 candidates. After we checked in we were each given a group interview time and a 1 on 1 time.
    My group consisted of 13 candidates with 2 recruiters and 2 Alaska flight attendants. They broke us into groups of 4 and gave us a scenario to work out as a group and hen present to the panel. They also asked us to act it out. We then answered the question.

"What word best describes you"

After our group interview that seemed to last only 40 min, we went back into the main room to wait for 1 on 1 in my case, we had the chance to mingle with other candidates and Alaska flight attendants that they had working the room. Great chance to ask them any questions you want.

1:30pm came and it was time for my 1 on 1 with a recruiter. My interview seemed to last only 25 min or less. After I was finished I went back into the main holding room where I noticed that there were less candidates in the room. Apparently they had been taking candidates out of the room
    And either offering a job or sending home.

I was in the room for about 20 min and then they called my name!!!! A recruiter coordinator took me into the hallway asked me, "how I was feeling", " what was the best part of your day" and then she asked me if I would love to join their family!

I was elated ! They wished me away to do a drug test , fingerprints and nicotine test .

This process was amazing! Everyone from the recruiters, to the flight attendants working the event and the team doing the onboarding treated you like family!

I start my training in the fall!!!!

Interview Questions

• Why Alaska?   Answer Question
    • Which one of our values do you most recognize with?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation involving customer service where you went above and beyond!   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time where you worked in a stressful environment and how did it make you feel and was there a resolution?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where there was a customer that was not happy with you! What was your resolution?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

It was short for the interviews but the process was an all day thing . Pretty much if you're the last person to be interviewed you're probably not gonna get the job because they probably already filled it .