Alaska Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alaska Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

3.1

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online at the end of January and received a invitation to take the Hirevue video interview on February 8th and did the interview on February 10. You have 3 days to take the interview. I really don't like video interviews, I don't think they give a fair reflection of the applicant whose applying for the job, but that's what most airlines are doing these days. It's also really awkward and uncomfortable to have to look at yourself as you're being recorded answering the questions. I felt like I stuttered my way through the interview and basically bombed it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you provided exceptional customer service.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an unhappy customer.   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to become a flight attendant for Alaska Airlines?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you were part of a team and had to resolve a conflict.   Answer Question
  • How will you handle the demands of being a flight attendant?   Answer Question
  • Tell us about your work experience and resume.   Answer Question
  • Time you had to provide for the safety of customers.   Answer Question
  • What part of Alaska Airlines mission of safety and exceptional customer service do you support and how will help them achieve that?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Alaska Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Online application with attached resume and cover letter, online interview which I have yet to complete (I have 72 hours from the time of the email to complete. From there hopefully a face to face.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied back in September 2016. In December I received request for video interview. I didn't do that great on the video interview and was nervous and even had issues while recording. Just be yourself and answer honestly and do your best. I received invitation for group interview in January did the interview in feb and received offer for training in April. Be patient the process takes a long time for some of us. They will get to you eventually so be ready to rock your interviews. Everyone at the interview was amazing and very happy to be there offering support to all the candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Alaska?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online in Sep of 2016. Received and email in October for a video interview. By the end of November I received a phone call to get invited to a face to face. I scheduled my face to face in the end part of February.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Irvine, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interviews were nicely done. Provided coffee/tea snacks. Lots of Flight Attendants to answer questions while you wait for your interviews. Keep in mind they are also probably evaluating you but say thy have no influence in the selection process. It will seem like a long day but is usually done by 3ish . After you get done with both your interviews, if you get called out do the group, you were not selected? Alaska Airlines is a good company to work for and so they can be selective. I was surprised and somewhat disappointed in not being selected as I have Airline experience but they let you try again after 6 months.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a disagreement with a co-worker, also with management.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had a difficult "customer".   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Gilbert, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume the end of September 2016. I received my first email the end of January letting me know that their recruiting was going thru resumes and I'd receive an email with further instructions. I got the invite for the video interview on feb 14th and completed it on the 16th.
    Haven't anything back yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Went out to the F2F interview in Seattle. Had a good experience, but please be mindful that this is a job interview the whole time. I honestly thought I did great and looked the part, but I think I may have came off as a bit "too much" as opposed to someone who would be moldable. The candidates they picked were pretty and nice, but definitely much more demure, and not SUPER outgoing.
    They keep saying "be yourself" but they really mean to be the "yourself" that THEY want you to be.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The whole process so far has taken 4 months. I received my invitation for the HireVue video interview about 2 months after submitting my application online. In the interview, I was asked 9 questions (typical job interview questions i.e. "Why do you want to work for Alaska?". I had 30 seconds to prepare for my recorded video answer, and about 2 minutes to answer each question.

Since I wasn't contacted for so long, I had assumed I didn't make the cut, but 7 weeks after submitting my video, I was invited to the in-person interview in Seattle. I'll be attending the in-person interview next week!

Interview Questions

• Describe a moment of great stress. How did you handle it, and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Email then hire view video, about 9 questions. When you receive the notice for the video, you have 72 hours to do the video, then you have to wait to see if they ask you back for a group interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Alaska Airlines flight attendant?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines.

Interview

Started with orientation. Had scheduled group interviews with about 10 people and a scheduled two on one interview. Group lasted one hour. Two on on lasted 30 minutes. Had to wait for everyone to finish and then found out if we got the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you experienced bad customer service as a customer. Name a time you had good experience as a customer.   Answer Question
    • What does professionalism mean to you?   Answer Question
    • Have you taken any thought to moving to anchorage Alaska? How do you feel about it?   Answer Question
    • What would be the most challenging part about being a flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • If you knew you couldn't evacuate people out the back of the plane but a superior/lead flight attendant said you could, what would you do?   Answer Question