Alaska Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alaska Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2017

3.1

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines.

Interview

I Applied back in Sept 16. Recieved an email to do the video interview in April 2017. Still waiting to hear back. I've heard it can take a while. Fingers crossed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Alaska Airlines

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Corona, CA).

Interview

This process for me was amazing!!!!! I applied back in September of 2016. I received an email to complete a video interview in February of 2017. In May I received an invitation to attend a face to face interview.
    On May 16th , I attended the face to face interview where there were a total of 60 candidates. After we checked in we were each given a group interview time and a 1 on 1 time.
    My group consisted of 13 candidates with 2 recruiters and 2 Alaska flight attendants. They broke us into groups of 4 and gave us a scenario to work out as a group and hen present to the panel. They also asked us to act it out. We then answered the question.

"What word best describes you"

After our group interview that seemed to last only 40 min, we went back into the main room to wait for 1 on 1 in my case, we had the chance to mingle with other candidates and Alaska flight attendants that they had working the room. Great chance to ask them any questions you want.

1:30pm came and it was time for my 1 on 1 with a recruiter. My interview seemed to last only 25 min or less. After I was finished I went back into the main holding room where I noticed that there were less candidates in the room. Apparently they had been taking candidates out of the room
    And either offering a job or sending home.

I was in the room for about 20 min and then they called my name!!!! A recruiter coordinator took me into the hallway asked me, "how I was feeling", " what was the best part of your day" and then she asked me if I would love to join their family!

I was elated ! They wished me away to do a drug test , fingerprints and nicotine test .

This process was amazing! Everyone from the recruiters, to the flight attendants working the event and the team doing the onboarding treated you like family!

I start my training in the fall!!!!

Interview Questions

• Why Alaska?   Answer Question
    • Which one of our values do you most recognize with?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation involving customer service where you went above and beyond!   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time where you worked in a stressful environment and how did it make you feel and was there a resolution?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where there was a customer that was not happy with you! What was your resolution?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

I filled out the online application on 2/28/17, received the invitation via email to complete a video interview on 3/31/17 which I completed the next day, and then received invitation for the face-to-face interview on 4/18/17 which I have scheduled for 5/2/17.

I didn't research interview questions before doing my video interview, but I highly suggest you do! I was led to believe I would be able to re-record answers as much as needed, but this only applies to your introduction. After that, a question is presented with 30 seconds to prepare your response which you only have one chance to record within two minutes. Dress as if this is an in-person interview. I'm not saying full-blown suit, but definitely don't think that this is a more casual affair than a typical interview just because it is digital. I kind of rambled my way through my answers because I didn't expect such intensity from the interview, but I spoke clearly and smiled whenever it made sense to do so which I think made up for the rambling. I was honestly shocked when I got invited to the face-to-face. I'll update when that interview is done!

UPDATE: I completed the face-to-face interview two days ago. Checked in 15 minutes early. Orientation fell through because their projector wasn't working so we went straight to interviews. Unfortunately my 2:1 was scheduled for directly after orientation and because that never happened I went into my interview completely cold. As the day went on I became very comfortable and even friendly with the other applicants, it really was a fun day. However my interview felt very uncomfortable as there had been little to no ice-breaking beforehand. My interviewers had both been with the company less than six months and were stuck to the script which did nothing for my nerves and I fumbled my way through the entire ten minutes. At the end, my interviewers told me that lots of senior flight attendants were in the main room to talk to us and I should "drill them for information". Over the next six hours only one FA was ever in the room and only for brief periods of time while most of the room swarmed her. After three hours of mingling with all the other wonderful applicants (they really were great!) I was sent to my group interview with ten others. Two interviewers stood and engaged with us while three more sat at the table and mostly just took notes. It was not nearly as uncomfortable as the 2:1. We were split into three smaller groups after an ice breaker. My group consisted of three much older applicants, all of whom were FA's for other companies. My chances at this point were basically shot. We were given a scenario to work through and present to the room. We presented our schpeel and were then drilled by the interviewers as they made the scenario more and more difficult until there was really no good answer. My group essentially threw me under the bus with their answers. Teamwork! Two more hours in the main room and we were told decisions were made and we would be pulled one at a time from the room with outcomes. As my name was called and I was led to the door it was rather obvious I was not receiving an offer. I'll try again in six months with hopes high that the cards will not be stacked so high against me.

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Vancouver, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied Feb 28 when it opened up and was emailed to completer my VI one week later. But I had a trip planned and was in England at the time. Very unreliable internet and we were on the road so the only internet I had was in pubs and resturants. Of course I didn't have anything with me ie: business outfit, makeup etc. I emailed the contact name I had and explained it to him. He told me not to worry about it and complete it when I got home in 2 weeks. Whew. So I completed my VI March 22. And waited. 7 weeks later I finally got the email with 2 datesfor the f2f. I took the soonest one which was May 16 in Vancouver, WA. Less than a week away.

What a day. Alaska is first class all the way. 14 employees came into the meeting room in the morning. Recruiters, HR and FA's. From the beginning they made us feel very welcome. This is not survivor. Be yourself and relax. You are among friends and you will make many more that day. The FA's circled the room during the day and talked with everyone answering a million questions.It was a long day but flew by. Take some snacks with you to munch on.

I had the group interview with 13 others. A couple of scenarios you worked out with a smaller group. Then back to room until my 2 on 1 interview. I felt very comfortable throughout the process. Then back to the room and waited. I was the 6th to last person called out and was offered a cjo. I am ecstatic to be asked to be a part of this airline. I start training in Aug.

So if you are thinking you may be too old to follow your dreams you are wrong. I am in my late 50's and ready to start a new adventure.

I read Glassdoor back several years to research questions.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines.

Interview

I applied online then had a video interview. Thought I did ok, definitely an awkward situation but not bad then a few weeks later got the email about the face to face interview. Now I have an interview in Vancouver WA next week!

Interview Questions

• tell us about a time you had a conflict with someone   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Vancouver, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Was able to view the first question as soon as I downloaded/opened the application. Gave me plenty of time to prepare. The rest you will have 30 seconds to formulate answer. I believe there were six. I would strongly recommend that you have a whiteboard behind where you're looking at the camera. Do some brainstorming on it in the days before your video interview. Write down the basics about why you would like to have the job, why you would be good at it, key words and reminders about how you have resolved conflicts, dealt with customers, etc. It's only been a couple of days since I interviewed so no way of answering the last question about whether or not I was asked to move forward in the process but checked in the affirmative as I am optimistic. Good luck!

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online at the end of January and received a invitation to take the Hirevue video interview on February 8th and did the interview on February 10. You have 3 days to take the interview. I really don't like video interviews, I don't think they give a fair reflection of the applicant whose applying for the job, but that's what most airlines are doing these days. It's also really awkward and uncomfortable to have to look at yourself as you're being recorded answering the questions. I felt like I stuttered my way through the interview and basically bombed it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you provided exceptional customer service.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an unhappy customer.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to become a flight attendant for Alaska Airlines?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were part of a team and had to resolve a conflict.   Answer Question
    • How will you handle the demands of being a flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your work experience and resume.   Answer Question
    • Time you had to provide for the safety of customers.   Answer Question
    • What part of Alaska Airlines mission of safety and exceptional customer service do you support and how will help them achieve that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

There are a few different stages. Application - Video Interview - Face to Face interview. Very customer service oriented.

Prepare yourselves for a long day if you make it to the face to face interview. Everyone that I dealt with was very nice, courteous, and professional. It took a few months to hear back, but be patient they will update you along the way.
    Always be yourself! Smile, relax, and have fun!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you went above and beyond customer service wise.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Anchorage, AK) in April 2017.

Interview

Submitted my application in September, in January I started getting emails that Alaska was still interested and hope that I was still interested in the position. On 2-16-17 I got invited to do a HireVue video which needed to be completed in 3 days from logging in. I highly suggest dressing professional. I watched lots of YouTube videos on how to complete a successful video interview. "Dress for the job you want, not the job you have!" Smile and be confident! A month later 3/15 I received an invited for an in person group interview in Anchorage. The day was long so bring food and stay hydrated/caffeinated. Smile the whole time, interact with peers and show them why you'd be a perfect choice for the flight attendant position! They tell you that day whether or not you will be offered a position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied in February, was asked to do a video interview in the end of March, I was contacted the second week of April to come to Seattle for an in person interview on May 10. Have not had the in person interview yet.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you were working as a group and has to resolve a conflict.   Answer Question