Alaska Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alaska Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

3.1

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online at the end of January and received a invitation to take the Hirevue video interview on February 8th and did the interview on February 10. You have 3 days to take the interview. I really don't like video interviews, I don't think they give a fair reflection of the applicant whose applying for the job, but that's what most airlines are doing these days. It's also really awkward and uncomfortable to have to look at yourself as you're being recorded answering the questions. I felt like I stuttered my way through the interview and basically bombed it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you provided exceptional customer service.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an unhappy customer.   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to become a flight attendant for Alaska Airlines?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you were part of a team and had to resolve a conflict.   Answer Question
  • How will you handle the demands of being a flight attendant?   Answer Question
  • Tell us about your work experience and resume.   Answer Question
  • Time you had to provide for the safety of customers.   Answer Question
  • What part of Alaska Airlines mission of safety and exceptional customer service do you support and how will help them achieve that?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Alaska Airlines

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

There are a few different stages. Application - Video Interview - Face to Face interview. Very customer service oriented.

Prepare yourselves for a long day if you make it to the face to face interview. Everyone that I dealt with was very nice, courteous, and professional. It took a few months to hear back, but be patient they will update you along the way.
    Always be yourself! Smile, relax, and have fun!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you went above and beyond customer service wise.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

I filled out the online application on 2/28/17, received the invitation via email to complete a video interview on 3/31/17 which I completed the next day, and then received invitation for the face-to-face interview on 4/18/17 which I have scheduled for 5/2/17.

I didn't research interview questions before doing my video interview, but I highly suggest you do! I was led to believe I would be able to re-record answers as much as needed, but this only applies to your introduction. After that, a question is presented with 30 seconds to prepare your response which you only have one chance to record within two minutes. Dress as if this is an in-person interview. I'm not saying full-blown suit, but definitely don't think that this is a more casual affair than a typical interview just because it is digital. I kind of rambled my way through my answers because I didn't expect such intensity from the interview, but I spoke clearly and smiled whenever it made sense to do so which I think made up for the rambling. I was honestly shocked when I got invited to the face-to-face. I'll update when that interview is done!

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Anchorage, AK) in April 2017.

Interview

Submitted my application in September, in January I started getting emails that Alaska was still interested and hope that I was still interested in the position. On 2-16-17 I got invited to do a HireVue video which needed to be completed in 3 days from logging in. I highly suggest dressing professional. I watched lots of YouTube videos on how to complete a successful video interview. "Dress for the job you want, not the job you have!" Smile and be confident! A month later 3/15 I received an invited for an in person group interview in Anchorage. The day was long so bring food and stay hydrated/caffeinated. Smile the whole time, interact with peers and show them why you'd be a perfect choice for the flight attendant position! They tell you that day whether or not you will be offered a position.

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Anchorage, AK) in March 2017.

Interview

Filled out the online application on March 2. Received an email for a video interview on March 24. Once you start the video interview, you have 72 hours to complete. I submitted my interview on March 29 and received an email for a face to face interview on March 31. The face to face is a group interview at a local hotel on April 18. I'll let you know how it goes. So far the process has been very easy to navigate. The video interview can be intimidating. Just relax, find good lighting, speak clearly and be yourself and smile!

Update-Had the face to face today, here in Anchorage. Was a very fun day, lots of great people. I heard there were 44 people there and 12 offers were made. I start training on July 10!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Online application with attached resume and cover letter, online interview which I have yet to complete (I have 72 hours from the time of the email to complete. From there hopefully a face to face.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Check in at 7:30 for in person. 2 on 1 then group. Great feedback from participants, energy, look, personality...didn't get it. Second time trying. So frustrating as there is no feedback or no way of knowing what they are looking for, what should be said, or not...feels so subjective but like all auditions, I guess it really is. Feeling frustrated. :( (March 28, 2017)

Interview Questions

• You are on our longest flight to Fla. There is a crying baby that won't stop crying, how do you handle this?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines in March 2017.

Interview

So far I have just had the on-line "on-demand" interview. I have been asked to attend an in-person interview. I really felt like I messed up the on-line interview, so was very surprised to get an invistation to interview in person.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle the schedule of a "Reserve" flight attendant   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied back in September 2016. In December I received request for video interview. I didn't do that great on the video interview and was nervous and even had issues while recording. Just be yourself and answer honestly and do your best. I received invitation for group interview in January did the interview in feb and received offer for training in April. Be patient the process takes a long time for some of us. They will get to you eventually so be ready to rock your interviews. Everyone at the interview was amazing and very happy to be there offering support to all the candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Alaska?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online in Sep of 2016. Received and email in October for a video interview. By the end of November I received a phone call to get invited to a face to face. I scheduled my face to face in the end part of February.