Alaska Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 13, 2017

3.1

191 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines.

Interview

I submitted my resume March 1st 2017. Throughout the span of almost 4 months, I kept receiving emails from my recruiter that they are still reviewing resumes and I would be notified on the next step. June 28th I receive an email invitation for a video interview and I submitted it June 29th. This is a pretty long process so far, I almost forgot that I applied to Alaska in the first place!

The video interview process was smooth! I did A TON of research and it helped me out tremendously. I dressed up and even rearranged my room to make it appropriate for the interview. It took me about 3 hours of prep and then 1 hour to do the interview questions.

I've yet to hear back so I'll update this as it comes.

Interview Questions

• We're excited to get to know you. Can you share a few highlights from your resume?   1 Answer
  • Please share with us why you want to work at Alaska Airlines as a Flight Attendant.   1 Answer
  • Alaska Airlines' mission is to have the best people, provide the safest and best service for the best value to each customer each day. What part of your mission resonates with you most and how will you contribute to our success?   Answer Question
  • Our fun loving, energetic and adventurous personality comes from our Alaska spirit as does our customer service. Tell us about a time when you exceeded a customer's service expectation.   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time when you received negative feedback from an unhappy customer. What was the situation and how did you turn it around?   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time when you were part of a team that experienced conflict. How did you handle the situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
  • As a Flight Attendant, you will have a varied schedule requiring you to work weekends, evening, and holidays. How are you prepared to meet the demands of this challenging schedule?   Answer Question
  • Safety is #1 here at Alaska Airlines. Tell us about a time when you took action to ensure the safety and security of others. What was the situation and the outcome?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Alaska Airlines

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines.

Interview

You are first invited to participate in a video interview. Research and prepare. Make sure you are well prepared. This is your gateway into the rest of the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online in July 2017, got an email in October asking me to do the video interview, got a call a week later for the in person interview in Seattle in December.

Interview Questions

• You worked at an express check stand with 12 items only and someone came to you with 24 items what would you do?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines in November 2017.

Interview

I've only completed the video interview but found it to be user friendly with basic questions that are listed here on Glassdoor. Be sure if you're using a MAC PC to open the interview up using google chrome, it won't work on Safari browser.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application on 7/6/2017. On 8/4/2017 I received the invitation to do the Online Interview. I submitted my video on 8/7 after researching this site for the interview questions. It was pretty straight forward if you've done the Online interviews before. You have 30 seconds to get your thoughts together, then up to 2 minutes to record your response. Dress professionally and make sure the lighting is good. I think it also helps to look directly at the camera instead of yourself. The very next day I received a phone call inviting me to Seattle for the Face to Face interview, which was 8/22. It was a long day! I got there at 7:15, sign in began at 7:30. There were about 60 candidates there. The first presentation began at 8:00, the recruiters all introduced themselves and we watched a small video. Immediately after that they began the one on one or two on one interviews. I was up first at 8:30. It was really easy and conversational. We went through my resume and then they asked some customer service questions. I felt really comfortable with the recruiter. My recommendation is to be yourself and talk honestly. I had a long break until my group interview. Make sure to mingle and talk to EVERYONE.. ask the FA's questions...STAY OFF OF YOUR PHONE. They want to see how you interact with people. After lunch I had my group interview. They took 14 of us in a room and we had to introduce the person sitting next to us. After that we picked a question from a stack and had to answer it. My suggestion is volunteer to go first and be prepared for the follow up questions. Remember customer service is their highest priority...so keep that in mind when you're answering questions. After that they started calling names out.... After about 20 names were called, they called mine. And they offered me a position! Was whisked away to do the drug test and paperwork. Training starts in January. So excited.

Interview Questions

• How have you represented a company you worked for outside of work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position in July 2017 and kept receiving emails saying that they are still reviewing all the candidates. When I thought they already chose their candidate bunch, I received an invitation for a video interview in October. Once I submitted the video interview, they were very quick to respond. They called me the following morning, inviting me for the in-person interview which will be happening in the beginning of December!

Interview Questions

• 1. We're excited to get to know you. Can you share a few highlights from your resume?
      2. Please share with us why you want to work at Alaska Airlines as a Flight Attendant.
      3. Alaska Airlines' mission is to have the best people, provide the safest and best service for the best value to each customer each day. What part of your mission resonates with you most and how will you contribute to our success?
      4. Our fun loving, energetic and adventurous personality comes from our Alaska spirit as does our customer service. Tell us about a time when you exceeded a customer's service expectation.
      5. Tell us about a time when you received negative feedback from an unhappy customer. What was the situation and how did you turn it around?
      6. Tell us about a time when you were part of a team that experienced conflict. How did you handle the situation and what was the outcome?
      7. As a Flight Attendant, you will have a varied schedule requiring you to work weekends, evening, and holidays. How are you prepared to meet the demands of this challenging schedule?
      8. Safety is #1 here at Alaska Airlines. Tell us about a time when you took action to ensure the safety and security of others. What was the situation and the outcome?   3 Answers

Application

Interview

Video interview: given 30 seconds to think about the prompt and then you're given 2 minutes to provide your best answer.

Seattle: check in at 7:30 and expect to stay there until 3, I brought a sandwich and snacks to make it through the day. If given an offer you will do your employment information then and there.
    Individual interview: standard interview with 1 or 2 interviewers.
    Group interview: sit in front of a panel and given a scenario where you have to give your best answer on how you'd handle the situation.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online in July 2017, then received a few emails saying they are still going through applications, then in Sept. I got an email to do a video interview. Then the first part of October, I did the group interview in Seattle.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

Interview

applied online, then asked to submit video interview, then full day group & 2x1 interview
    Felt HR person was condescending, definitely did not put me at ease.
    Was very excited about Alaska Airlines, but the interaction/attitude of one representative in particular changed my feelings toward the company. I do not want for company that talks about respect, but ultimately treats people like they are lucky to be even considered for such an elite job. please!!

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines.

Interview

My entire interview process from application to training took ten months. I uploaded a cover letter with my resume. The video interview was straightforward and I took the time to look up the values of Alaska Airlines so that I could use that info for the VI. Face to face interview was amazing. Many employees come in from across the company to help with interviews. The group interview and one on one were both an opportunity to shine and show the recruiters why you are Alaska, also a time to show how you work with others.