Alaska Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alaska Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2017

219 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines.

Interview

I submitted my resume March 1st 2017. Throughout the span of almost 4 months, I kept receiving emails from my recruiter that they are still reviewing resumes and I would be notified on the next step. June 28th I receive an email invitation for a video interview and I submitted it June 29th. This is a pretty long process so far, I almost forgot that I applied to Alaska in the first place!

The video interview process was smooth! I did A TON of research and it helped me out tremendously. I dressed up and even rearranged my room to make it appropriate for the interview. It took me about 3 hours of prep and then 1 hour to do the interview questions.

I've yet to hear back so I'll update this as it comes.

Interview Questions

• We're excited to get to know you. Can you share a few highlights from your resume?   1 Answer
    • Please share with us why you want to work at Alaska Airlines as a Flight Attendant.   1 Answer
    • Alaska Airlines' mission is to have the best people, provide the safest and best service for the best value to each customer each day. What part of your mission resonates with you most and how will you contribute to our success?   Answer Question
    • Our fun loving, energetic and adventurous personality comes from our Alaska spirit as does our customer service. Tell us about a time when you exceeded a customer's service expectation.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you received negative feedback from an unhappy customer. What was the situation and how did you turn it around?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you were part of a team that experienced conflict. How did you handle the situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • As a Flight Attendant, you will have a varied schedule requiring you to work weekends, evening, and holidays. How are you prepared to meet the demands of this challenging schedule?   Answer Question
    • Safety is #1 here at Alaska Airlines. Tell us about a time when you took action to ensure the safety and security of others. What was the situation and the outcome?   1 Answer

Reservation Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Boise, ID) in September 2017.

Interview

1) Phone interview with recruiter (plan for 1/2 hour);
    2) Video interview submitted online;
    3) Hiring event that includes 1:1 interviews in a group setting followed by on-the-spot offers.
    Entire hiring event lasted over four hours; told to plan for three. Candidates presented with orientation first in a group setting, providing basic company imformation and job overview followed by a series of 1:1 interviews with recruiters and local call center management.
    Each 1:1 is supposed to take about 20 minutes, with candidates either progressing through multiple interviews or being extended "regrets" and an invitation to leave. Brief testing is also done as part of the final interview with a hiring supervisor. Candidates are asked to book a flight and use the "ask Jen" system to find the answer to a fictitious customer question - in our interview session the question to be answered was what are the size restrictions for carry on luggage.

Interview Questions

• How would you define outstanding customer service?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you exceeded a customer's expectations.   Answer Question
    • Describe an experience when you were required to respond to a changing policy that you didn't agree with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Fremont, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got an email back the next day asking to do a video interview. Two days later got a email asking for my phone number and she responded with a time she would call. This happened on a Friday so on a Monday I got a phone interview with simple questions and asking am I close to the location, and about the pay. I was then invited to a 1 on 1 interview which was a week later. Group interview had about 20people there who applied for Oakland and San Jose. They go over the company, what you would expect working there as far as pay and benefits and also the hours. After that they split us up in groups, a lady would read a question out loud and within our group we had to each answer the question to someone that work for the company. Simple customer service questions, which I been on airline interviews before and regular interviews I no longer get nervous. I thought me and another guy in my group did really well while the other 3 lady's kinda fell short and were nervous or got way off track answering a question. After we played that game they gave us all a time to come back for a 1 on 1 interview. That was simple a couple yes or no questions, talk about your work experience and a couple more questions. After that she should we will find out in about 3 or 4days. I got an email the next day saying thanks but no thanks. Looks like if they don't tell you right then and there or call you after then you don't have the job. I was really suprised, I did really well so after that I don't know what they are looking for. This is my 2nd interview with the company, 1st was 6yrs ago. To apply again I have to wait 6months.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to handle a difficult customer and how did you deal with it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

applied online, then asked to submit video interview, then full day group & 2x1 interview
    Felt HR person was condescending, definitely did not put me at ease.
    Was very excited about Alaska Airlines, but the interaction/attitude of one representative in particular changed my feelings toward the company. I do not want for company that talks about respect, but ultimately treats people like they are lucky to be even considered for such an elite job. please!!

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview then in-person interview where you go over company stuff and then group activity then one on one and they tell you right away if you are hired or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a video interview invite, submitted it within a couple days, got an email asking for good time to speak with phone recruiter. Passed that she invited me to the hiring event. Went and did some group activities, got the one-on-one. Harvey who actually works for Virgin America interviewed me. Was kind of rude because when asked how they determined if we go to a training in Seattle or Alaska he asked and I quote "why does it matter?" In a rather rude tone. Then when asked for clarification on another answer he repeated to me hos answer as if I was a child. Not very nice and needless to say didn't the offer my friend also commented he was rude to her and we both had prior airline experience but overall ok experience just the one guy Harvey wasnt very nice.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really just if iwas avaliable to work, limitations, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Arrived at hotel around 7:00 am. Checked in. Everyone was very friendly. Was asked to take off shoes for height test. Sat in a large group and watched a presentation about Alaska Airlines. We then broke off into smaller groups and casually chatted while we waited for our group interview and one on one.

Interview Questions

• They asked to share a time when a customer was upset and how we solved the problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

It took a while to hear that they wanted me to complete the online interview. After submitting the interview I heard back the next day that they wanted me for an in person interview. 2 weeks later I flew to Seattle for the interview. I had a really good one on one interview but I think my group interview wasn't quite strong enough. You really have to stand out in that group setting because the people making the decisions only see you for that short amount of time.

Interview Questions

• how important do you think communication is on a team?   4 Answers

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

I was phoned within a few days after submitting my application. I was then given a time the next day for a phone interview. My interview was Great! Friendly conversation and was able to share my experience and background. After going over in detail the duties for this particular job, we both realized it wasn't a good it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Just started the process. Submitted application and received video interview which I am doing now. I am really hoping to get to the next phase of the process . I am trying to use this site to get information so I can ace my interview