Alaska Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alaska Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2017

373 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines.

Interview

I submitted my resume March 1st 2017. Throughout the span of almost 4 months, I kept receiving emails from my recruiter that they are still reviewing resumes and I would be notified on the next step. June 28th I receive an email invitation for a video interview and I submitted it June 29th. This is a pretty long process so far, I almost forgot that I applied to Alaska in the first place!

The video interview process was smooth! I did A TON of research and it helped me out tremendously. I dressed up and even rearranged my room to make it appropriate for the interview. It took me about 3 hours of prep and then 1 hour to do the interview questions.

I've yet to hear back so I'll update this as it comes.

Interview Questions

• We're excited to get to know you. Can you share a few highlights from your resume?   1 Answer
    • Please share with us why you want to work at Alaska Airlines as a Flight Attendant.   1 Answer
    • Alaska Airlines' mission is to have the best people, provide the safest and best service for the best value to each customer each day. What part of your mission resonates with you most and how will you contribute to our success?   Answer Question
    • Our fun loving, energetic and adventurous personality comes from our Alaska spirit as does our customer service. Tell us about a time when you exceeded a customer's service expectation.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you received negative feedback from an unhappy customer. What was the situation and how did you turn it around?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you were part of a team that experienced conflict. How did you handle the situation and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • As a Flight Attendant, you will have a varied schedule requiring you to work weekends, evening, and holidays. How are you prepared to meet the demands of this challenging schedule?   Answer Question
    • Safety is #1 here at Alaska Airlines. Tell us about a time when you took action to ensure the safety and security of others. What was the situation and the outcome?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application on 7/6/2017. On 8/4/2017 I received the invitation to do the Online Interview. I submitted my video on 8/7 after researching this site for the interview questions. It was pretty straight forward if you've done the Online interviews before. You have 30 seconds to get your thoughts together, then up to 2 minutes to record your response. Dress professionally and make sure the lighting is good. I think it also helps to look directly at the camera instead of yourself. The very next day I received a phone call inviting me to Seattle for the Face to Face interview, which was 8/22. It was a long day! I got there at 7:15, sign in began at 7:30. There were about 60 candidates there. The first presentation began at 8:00, the recruiters all introduced themselves and we watched a small video. Immediately after that they began the one on one or two on one interviews. I was up first at 8:30. It was really easy and conversational. We went through my resume and then they asked some customer service questions. I felt really comfortable with the recruiter. My recommendation is to be yourself and talk honestly. I had a long break until my group interview. Make sure to mingle and talk to EVERYONE.. ask the FA's questions...STAY OFF OF YOUR PHONE. They want to see how you interact with people. After lunch I had my group interview. They took 14 of us in a room and we had to introduce the person sitting next to us. After that we picked a question from a stack and had to answer it. My suggestion is volunteer to go first and be prepared for the follow up questions. Remember customer service is their highest priority...so keep that in mind when you're answering questions. After that they started calling names out.... After about 20 names were called, they called mine. And they offered me a position! Was whisked away to do the drug test and paperwork. Training starts in January. So excited.

Interview Questions

• How have you represented a company you worked for outside of work?   Answer Question

Reservation Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Boise, ID) in September 2017.

Interview

1) Phone interview with recruiter (plan for 1/2 hour);
    2) Video interview submitted online;
    3) Hiring event that includes 1:1 interviews in a group setting followed by on-the-spot offers.
    Entire hiring event lasted over four hours; told to plan for three. Candidates presented with orientation first in a group setting, providing basic company imformation and job overview followed by a series of 1:1 interviews with recruiters and local call center management.
    Each 1:1 is supposed to take about 20 minutes, with candidates either progressing through multiple interviews or being extended "regrets" and an invitation to leave. Brief testing is also done as part of the final interview with a hiring supervisor. Candidates are asked to book a flight and use the "ask Jen" system to find the answer to a fictitious customer question - in our interview session the question to be answered was what are the size restrictions for carry on luggage.

Interview Questions

• How would you define outstanding customer service?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you exceeded a customer's expectations.   Answer Question
    • Describe an experience when you were required to respond to a changing policy that you didn't agree with.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online in July 2017, then received a few emails saying they are still going through applications, then in Sept. I got an email to do a video interview. Then the first part of October, I did the group interview in Seattle.

CSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

First step was I applied online. Got invitation to do video interview. After that was phone interview and invitation to do f2f interview. F2f interview was with at least 30 people. First, they introduce the company and their expectations of their employees. Next was 1 on 1 interview. After that they said I got accepted. I went to another room with other's and we took our pictures, finger print, and nicotine test. Came home after that and had to go back online to complete 10 background forms and sent them in. After, 2-3 wks they called to let me know if I was to move on for the training or not.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Did the video interview and received a call the next day from a recruiter. You have 30 seconds to think about your answer and it gets recorded. No turning back! I think if you smile and are positive during your video interview you'll get a call back even if you mess up a little. Went to the face to face interview and there was about 30-35 people there. On the phone the recruiter mentioned we would be doing group activities but when I was at the interview we had a one on one with someone from HR and then another interview with a duty supervisor or manager. Everyone was very friendly! Don't be nervous. Talk with the people around you and relax!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Alaska Airlines?   1 Answer
    • How would you greet someone while checking in?   Answer Question
    • Has your current manager ever given you criticism and how did you take it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Fremont, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got an email back the next day asking to do a video interview. Two days later got a email asking for my phone number and she responded with a time she would call. This happened on a Friday so on a Monday I got a phone interview with simple questions and asking am I close to the location, and about the pay. I was then invited to a 1 on 1 interview which was a week later. Group interview had about 20people there who applied for Oakland and San Jose. They go over the company, what you would expect working there as far as pay and benefits and also the hours. After that they split us up in groups, a lady would read a question out loud and within our group we had to each answer the question to someone that work for the company. Simple customer service questions, which I been on airline interviews before and regular interviews I no longer get nervous. I thought me and another guy in my group did really well while the other 3 lady's kinda fell short and were nervous or got way off track answering a question. After we played that game they gave us all a time to come back for a 1 on 1 interview. That was simple a couple yes or no questions, talk about your work experience and a couple more questions. After that she should we will find out in about 3 or 4days. I got an email the next day saying thanks but no thanks. Looks like if they don't tell you right then and there or call you after then you don't have the job. I was really suprised, I did really well so after that I don't know what they are looking for. This is my 2nd interview with the company, 1st was 6yrs ago. To apply again I have to wait 6months.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to handle a difficult customer and how did you deal with it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

I don't remember when I applied but I got an email to do a video interview, got that done a couple days later. 3 days later I received an email asking when and what time is the best time for the recruiter to call me. She called 2 days later, she asked basic questions like why did I leave my previous jobs, I'm flexible and if I accept the pay. She also asked if I've had any tobacco products in the past 6months, I said no then she told me to go to the in-person interview a couple days after. So that part didn't really take a long time.
    Sept 7 was the day. I walked in and there was atleast 25 people there with me. I was taken back cause I wasn't expecting that many people! Socialize socialize! They observe. There was atleast 8 recruiters, management team and leads. First they did a little history on Alaska and explained what your role is going to be then they divided us into groups , did a little activity just to kinda break the ice. After that , they called our names and interview time. I waited about 30-35min. Same basic questions. If you pass the first interview you get to stay for the final interview with hiring managers. After 10min got my final interview went back to the main room, there was only 2 of us left. Less than 10min later, they offered us the job and we accepted🙂 it's honestly an awesome experience and it's something new!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

Interview

applied online, then asked to submit video interview, then full day group & 2x1 interview
    Felt HR person was condescending, definitely did not put me at ease.
    Was very excited about Alaska Airlines, but the interaction/attitude of one representative in particular changed my feelings toward the company. I do not want for company that talks about respect, but ultimately treats people like they are lucky to be even considered for such an elite job. please!!

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines in August 2017.

Interview

I did a cold application (no inside contact in my network). It was a pretty simple and typical online application. It took a while to get a response, probably because I hit it as soon as the position came available. It was then a phone screen and we realized it wasn't a good fit.

Interview Questions

• It was the standard fair of based questions (tell us about yourself, tell about a time when you dealt with a conflict, what is an accomplishment that you are most proud of, etc.   1 Answer