Alaska Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

3.1

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Did the video interview and received a call the next day from a recruiter. You have 30 seconds to think about your answer and it gets recorded. No turning back! I think if you smile and are positive during your video interview you'll get a call back even if you mess up a little. Went to the face to face interview and there was about 30-35 people there. On the phone the recruiter mentioned we would be doing group activities but when I was at the interview we had a one on one with someone from HR and then another interview with a duty supervisor or manager. Everyone was very friendly! Don't be nervous. Talk with the people around you and relax!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Alaska Airlines?   Answer Question
    • How would you greet someone while checking in?   Answer Question
    • Has your current manager ever given you criticism and how did you take it?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online at the end of January and received a invitation to take the Hirevue video interview on February 8th and did the interview on February 10. You have 3 days to take the interview. I really don't like video interviews, I don't think they give a fair reflection of the applicant whose applying for the job, but that's what most airlines are doing these days. It's also really awkward and uncomfortable to have to look at yourself as you're being recorded answering the questions. I felt like I stuttered my way through the interview and basically bombed it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you provided exceptional customer service.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an unhappy customer.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to become a flight attendant for Alaska Airlines?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were part of a team and had to resolve a conflict.   Answer Question
    • How will you handle the demands of being a flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your work experience and resume.   Answer Question
    • Time you had to provide for the safety of customers.   Answer Question
    • What part of Alaska Airlines mission of safety and exceptional customer service do you support and how will help them achieve that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Online application with attached resume and cover letter, online interview which I have yet to complete (I have 72 hours from the time of the email to complete. From there hopefully a face to face.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Renton, WA).

Interview

Pretty straightforward, phone screen then in-person at HQ. Questions were applicable to position, and I was able to meet many members of the company. I was assured I would hear back within a week, but after a couple weeks and a couple emails still nothing.

Interview Questions

• Why doesn't Alaska Airlines try to compete directly with large Carriers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied back in September 2016. In December I received request for video interview. I didn't do that great on the video interview and was nervous and even had issues while recording. Just be yourself and answer honestly and do your best. I received invitation for group interview in January did the interview in feb and received offer for training in April. Be patient the process takes a long time for some of us. They will get to you eventually so be ready to rock your interviews. Everyone at the interview was amazing and very happy to be there offering support to all the candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Alaska?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online in Sep of 2016. Received and email in October for a video interview. By the end of November I received a phone call to get invited to a face to face. I scheduled my face to face in the end part of February.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Irvine, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interviews were nicely done. Provided coffee/tea snacks. Lots of Flight Attendants to answer questions while you wait for your interviews. Keep in mind they are also probably evaluating you but say thy have no influence in the selection process. It will seem like a long day but is usually done by 3ish . After you get done with both your interviews, if you get called out do the group, you were not selected? Alaska Airlines is a good company to work for and so they can be selective. I was surprised and somewhat disappointed in not being selected as I have Airline experience but they let you try again after 6 months.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a disagreement with a co-worker, also with management.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had a difficult "customer".   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Gilbert, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume the end of September 2016. I received my first email the end of January letting me know that their recruiting was going thru resumes and I'd receive an email with further instructions. I got the invite for the video interview on feb 14th and completed it on the 16th.
    Haven't anything back yet.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Manhattan Beach, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

First you are invited to an online virtual interview which consists of 7 questions. After this, if they like you they will call you and invite you to a group interview along with an orientation, and after a 1:1 with a hiring manager. The in person interview was about 2-3 hours long. They ask you questions about your work experience and how to deal with angry customers. I worked at Starbucks for three years and In-N-Out for two years and was not offered a job. I also felt my one on one interview was rushed.

Interview Questions

• How would you deescalate an issue with a customer?
      When was a time you went above and beyond for a customer?
      Tell me a little bit about your previous work experience.
      1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Kent, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

I received an email about business days after I applied for the position to complete a digital interview that I had up to 3 days to complete once I begin the process. I researched tips on how to successfully do a digital interview and bought a webcam, sky blue dress shirt, and practiced talking into the camera. Within an hour of submitting the interview I got an email inviting me to a VIP Group interview the next week. I responded to the email confirming I'm still interested and will get a call with details. I'm still waiting for in person interview on 3/1 in Kent, WA. Will update after this, wanted to get questions here while fresh in my head.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about some highlights and describe you as your resume reads.   1 Answer
    • When did you go all over and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • How are you prepared to handle the schedule demands of this position?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time that you've given excellent customer service while multitasking.   Answer Question