Alaska Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alaska Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Anchorage, AK) in April 2017.

Interview

Submitted my application in September, in January I started getting emails that Alaska was still interested and hope that I was still interested in the position. On 2-16-17 I got invited to do a HireVue video which needed to be completed in 3 days from logging in. I highly suggest dressing professional. I watched lots of YouTube videos on how to complete a successful video interview. "Dress for the job you want, not the job you have!" Smile and be confident! A month later 3/15 I received an invited for an in person group interview in Anchorage. The day was long so bring food and stay hydrated/caffeinated. Smile the whole time, interact with peers and show them why you'd be a perfect choice for the flight attendant position! They tell you that day whether or not you will be offered a position.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines in January 2017.

Interview

Relaxed environment so stay focused. Meet and greet other applicants. Interviewing for a vacancy not competing with other applicants. Smile, dress well but seems like all types of outfits were selected, pants, suits, dresses etc,

Interview Questions

• Customer service and safety oriented   Answer Question
    • Focus on problem solving and taking care of passenger issues. Lots about getting along with coworkers answers working well together as a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

I filled out the online application on 2/28/17, received the invitation via email to complete a video interview on 3/31/17 which I completed the next day, and then received invitation for the face-to-face interview on 4/18/17 which I have scheduled for 5/2/17.

I didn't research interview questions before doing my video interview, but I highly suggest you do! I was led to believe I would be able to re-record answers as much as needed, but this only applies to your introduction. After that, a question is presented with 30 seconds to prepare your response which you only have one chance to record within two minutes. Dress as if this is an in-person interview. I'm not saying full-blown suit, but definitely don't think that this is a more casual affair than a typical interview just because it is digital. I kind of rambled my way through my answers because I didn't expect such intensity from the interview, but I spoke clearly and smiled whenever it made sense to do so which I think made up for the rambling. I was honestly shocked when I got invited to the face-to-face. I'll update when that interview is done!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Santa Ana, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Target selection type questions.. name a time, your role, action, and results. Had to do a digital video interview which can be a bit awkward as theres no one talking to you its just seeing yourself recording answers. Second round was group stuff followed by 1 on 1 interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Portland, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and it took one week. I got a rejection email first then got a call for a week later from the recruiter. There was no video interview. I was schedule to attend a interview. At the interview we watched a 30 min orientation video about the company then we went in for a one on one. If we were selected then we would go in for a second interview and would know by the next day if we were selected.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Alaska airlines?
      Tell me about yourself?
      How do you greet a customer?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied Online and then 2 weeks later received an email to do an online interview. You have 48hrs to complete the interview once you log on. I was given 8 questions. Once you hit view question have 30 secs before it starts to record. Just finished the interview and waiting for the next step.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a customer service agent with Alaska Airlines.   Answer Question
    • Which of our mission statement resonates well with you and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Santa Ana, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Afterimg applying on 3/10/17 I got an email to do a video interview on 3/21/17. They give you 72hrs to do it so I did it on 3/22/17 and got a call that same day to do a face to face interview on the following Wednesday. It was a group of 20 people interviewing. It started out as an orientation, then group activity, then 1:1 interview. The interviews go by who got there first to the last. I was the first to arrive so I interviewed first. Got a call a few hours later offering the position.

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Anchorage, AK) in March 2017.

Interview

Filled out the online application on March 2. Received an email for a video interview on March 24. Once you start the video interview, you have 72 hours to complete. I submitted my interview on March 29 and received an email for a face to face interview on March 31. The face to face is a group interview at a local hotel on April 18. I'll let you know how it goes. So far the process has been very easy to navigate. The video interview can be intimidating. Just relax, find good lighting, speak clearly and be yourself and smile!

Update-Had the face to face today, here in Anchorage. Was a very fun day, lots of great people. I heard there were 44 people there and 12 offers were made. I start training on July 10!

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me on Monday and asked to schedule an interview next day. I responded and accepted, she immediately responded and asked to reschedule for another time. I accepted to new time. The following day the recruiter never called or sent an email. I reached out asking if she still intended to meet with me. She replied after the interview time that her day was "crazy" and asked to reschedule for the following Friday. The recruiter never contacted me or sent an email to cancel. I am not impressed with the candidate experience. Based on additional reviews I have read I am more inclined to believe that the perceptions are true. I am no longer interested in the company.

Interview Questions

• I was unable to get to this part because the recruiter could not keep her appointments.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

There are a few different stages. Application - Video Interview - Face to Face interview. Very customer service oriented.

Prepare yourselves for a long day if you make it to the face to face interview. Everyone that I dealt with was very nice, courteous, and professional. It took a few months to hear back, but be patient they will update you along the way.
    Always be yourself! Smile, relax, and have fun!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you went above and beyond customer service wise.   Answer Question