Alaska Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alaska Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Dec 14, 2017

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Video interview: given 30 seconds to think about the prompt and then you're given 2 minutes to provide your best answer.

Seattle: check in at 7:30 and expect to stay there until 3, I brought a sandwich and snacks to make it through the day. If given an offer you will do your employment information then and there.
    Individual interview: standard interview with 1 or 2 interviewers.
    Group interview: sit in front of a panel and given a scenario where you have to give your best answer on how you'd handle the situation.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

Interview

I applied for the position in July 2017 and kept receiving emails saying that they are still reviewing all the candidates. When I thought they already chose their candidate bunch, I received an invitation for a video interview in October. Once I submitted the video interview, they were very quick to respond. They called me the following morning, inviting me for the in-person interview which will be happening in the beginning of December!

Interview Questions

• 1. We're excited to get to know you. Can you share a few highlights from your resume?
      2. Please share with us why you want to work at Alaska Airlines as a Flight Attendant.
      3. Alaska Airlines' mission is to have the best people, provide the safest and best service for the best value to each customer each day. What part of your mission resonates with you most and how will you contribute to our success?
      4. Our fun loving, energetic and adventurous personality comes from our Alaska spirit as does our customer service. Tell us about a time when you exceeded a customer's service expectation.
      5. Tell us about a time when you received negative feedback from an unhappy customer. What was the situation and how did you turn it around?
      6. Tell us about a time when you were part of a team that experienced conflict. How did you handle the situation and what was the outcome?
      7. As a Flight Attendant, you will have a varied schedule requiring you to work weekends, evening, and holidays. How are you prepared to meet the demands of this challenging schedule?
      8. Safety is #1 here at Alaska Airlines. Tell us about a time when you took action to ensure the safety and security of others. What was the situation and the outcome?   3 Answers

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Portland, OR) in October 2017.

Interview

Incredibly disorganized. Was asked to select a time slot, after selecting a time slot (email reply within 5 minutes), was asked to select a new time slot, replied within minutes, took 2 days to receive confirmation for the following day.

Arrived on site, front desk was staffed by a non-receptionist filling in for absent receptionist. She was very helpful in trying to reach any of the contacts I had (scheduler, recruiter, hiring manager), but nobody was answering their phones. Waited in the lobby hoping that someone would come looking for me, which they did right at the time my interview was scheduled. Very rushed interview. Withdrew from consideration for the position.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Overall the whole experience was great! Everyone made you feel so welcome and at ease. It was nice having a lite breakfast, various drinks and lunch provided. It was also nice having the interviews in the hotel where we stayed.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time where you had a conflict with a co-worker or had to break up a conflict between 2 co-workers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

One day process.
    Check in
    Light breakfast buffet and socialize with applicants and staff
    Staff introductions, video and talk about Alaska Air, Q& A
    Group interviews
    Lunch buffet
    Individual interviews

Alaska is using a more personal process, looking for people that fit rather than technical ability.
    Be genuine, willing to stand up for yourself. And be familiar with the company culture and guiding principles.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you chose to do something that was unpopular.   1 Answer

Officer Interview

Application

Interview

This was the first time Alaska did interviews as a single day process (previously 2 days). Meet and greet/light breakfast followed by a presentation, then a group interview, lunch and individual interviews in the afternoon.

Interview Questions

• How will you deal with red eyes?
      Has a coworker ever said anything inappropriate about another coworker and how did you deal with that?
      Why Alaska?
      How did you prepare for this interview?
      TMAT you made a decision that affected others?
      How can you make Alaska better?
      Training difficulties? Check ride failures? Accidents? Incidents?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very professional. The management team made you feel very at ease. Alaska + Virgin made you fell like a guest in their home. The interview process was a very positive experience.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Most of the written work was done ahead of time, facilitating a very efficient one day in person process. The morning contained a panel interview with multiple candidates, and the after noon progressed to a solo interview. If you interview here, you will appreciate the process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (San Diego, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I was asked to do a recorded video interview. Fair warning, you can only redo the first question (tell me about yourself). The rest of the questions you have 30 seconds to think then 120 seconds to respond...and that's it.
    Then I was called in for a group interview. There were around 30 people there. We watched a video of overly excited employees giving Alaska a big thumbs up. After that we were split into smaller groups and asked basic customer service questions that everyone took turns answering. Literally standing in a circle around the company representative trying to sound more confidant and qualified than the person next to you.
    We were then given time slots for interviews. All of us at my table were in the first group, we were the first to arrive that morning. I went in with the HR person and had a wonderful interview. She was very nice and obviously loves her job. I thought I did really well, but, unfortunately, I will be one of the many reapplying in 6 months. And, yes, I plan on reapplying. Everyone there was absolutely great.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

One week before the interview we were sent a link to fill out an online series of questions that tested personality and mechanical/math skills.

It is a entire one day process that includes light breakfast, company presentation, group interview, lunch and a private interview with three panelists. At the end of private interview they tell you whether you got the job. All of the chief pilots from Virgin and Alaska are there, as well as an equal number of HR, and retired pilots.

Everybody from the company kept saying that all they want is to get to know us, to relax and be yourself..

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you helped an employee or customer, and why did you do it.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you disagreed with a captain and what you did?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about the best crew briefing you have been a part of and why?   Answer Question