Alaska Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alaska Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Email then hire view video, about 9 questions. When you receive the notice for the video, you have 72 hours to do the video, then you have to wait to see if they ask you back for a group interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Alaska Airlines flight attendant?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines in January 2017.

Interview

Relaxed environment so stay focused. Meet and greet other applicants. Interviewing for a vacancy not competing with other applicants. Smile, dress well but seems like all types of outfits were selected, pants, suits, dresses etc,

Interview Questions

• Customer service and safety oriented   Answer Question
    • Focus on problem solving and taking care of passenger issues. Lots about getting along with coworkers answers working well together as a team.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines.

Interview

Started with orientation. Had scheduled group interviews with about 10 people and a scheduled two on one interview. Group lasted one hour. Two on on lasted 30 minutes. Had to wait for everyone to finish and then found out if we got the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you experienced bad customer service as a customer. Name a time you had good experience as a customer.   Answer Question
    • What does professionalism mean to you?   Answer Question
    • Have you taken any thought to moving to anchorage Alaska? How do you feel about it?   Answer Question
    • What would be the most challenging part about being a flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • If you knew you couldn't evacuate people out the back of the plane but a superior/lead flight attendant said you could, what would you do?   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online. They contacted me by email to do a video interview. Next, they called me in for a group interview that ended with a one on one interview. They were very upbeat and friendly and gave us a lot of information about working for Alaska

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a disagreement with a cooworker   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen and then I was flown to Seattle to meet with the Director of HR as well as two recruiters. One of which was the recruiter that was being replaced due to relocating to the Seattle office.

Interview Questions

• Questioning was standard. Conversational style interview.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in SeaTac, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (SeaTac, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online with an employee referral and didn't hear back for around a month. I thought I didn't get it until I heard from a recruiter via e-mail. She said she had reviewed my resume and would like to chat over the phone. We scheduled a phone screen for the next day. The call was very laid back and did not contain any "trick questions," but simply questions to find out why I was leaving my current role and what I was looking for in the next and of course, "why Alaska Airlines?" At the end of the conversation she said she would like to have me come onsite. That was scheduled for a few days later. I met with my recruiter, another RC, my future manager, and the director of recruiting. I felt extremely comfortable answering all questions and they kept it very lighthearted. The majority of the time was spent with asking questions to them! After meeting everyone I left with a fuzzy feeling and a new passion for the company. It has always been my dream to work at Alaska and that finally came true four days later when I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current role? Why do you want to work at Alaska Airlines? Are you okay with traveling during the week?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Started with the HireVue video interview. A couple of weeks later I was invited to the F2F interview in Seattle. The F2F interview was an all day experience, but be yourself! Talk to everyone and just be genuine. We received name tags with the times of our group/one-on-one interview. Group interview was about 45 minutes and the one-on-one was about 25-30 minutes. In the meantime you kind of just wait around and mingle. Flight attendants are there during the interview giving out tons of information about the job (reserve, pay, benefits, etc.)

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I loved the fact that they told us if we got it or not before we left! No waiting!! :)

There is a one on one interview and a group. The one on one asks you more questions about your resume and customer service experience.
    The group interview... you are given a scenario and have to explain how you would handle it.

Be prepared to ask current flight attendants all of your questions! There is a lot of time for that!

Interview Questions

• Scenario: If there is one flight attendant on your flight that refuses to wear a part of the company uniform (lanyard) what would you tell them?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, week later did the video interview, then couple weeks later received invite to in person interviews. Had interview with two HR people for about fifteen minutes, waited a few hours then group interview with about 25 others. Went back to large conference room and then privately offered the position and given laynard.

Interview Questions

• What if you saw a fellow FA cutting corners and not doing all safety checks. What would you do?   1 Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines in October 2016.

Interview

3 days after I applied online, I received an email invite to do a video interview. I had 3 days to complete the video, a few days after completing the video I received an email invite to attend a group interview . The email stated: "It is a fun and exciting day and you will know by the time you leave if a position will be offered to you or not." And to bring a copy of my resume along with a reference letter.
    The day of, I arrived early and turned in a copy of my resume. There were about 5o applicants. They started off with an orientation, after the presentation they stated that there were 6 openings and that we would know if we got the job by the end of the "following week". After that they split us into groups of 3-6 people with a Alaska Rep., the rep in our group was a Manager at the San Diego Airport. A rep read 3 questions out loud to the entire room, each member of the group gave their individual answer within the group and when the group was done, we raised our hands.
    The final step was the one on one interviews. They read everyone's name outloud with a time slot for the one on one interview. I was in the first time slot. I got a one on one with a differerent Alaska rep than from the group interview, this rep was with the HR dept. in Seattle. The rep went back 5 years on my resume and asked about 6 questions in regards to my employment background. I asked 3 questions about the position and company, the rep thanked me and said they would contact me by the end of the following week.
    At the end of the following week, I received an email thanking me for taking the time to interview, for my interest, and stating they decided to move forward with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work as a CSA for Alaska?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • What has been your favorite job and why?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you resolved a complaint without asking for help from someone above you.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you had a conflict with a fellow co-worker and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question
    • Why are you looking to leave your current job?   Answer Question