Alaska Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alaska Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Anchorage, AK) in March 2017.

Interview

Filled out the online application on March 2. Received an email for a video interview on March 24. Once you start the video interview, you have 72 hours to complete. I submitted my interview on March 29 and received an email for a face to face interview on March 31. The face to face is a group interview at a local hotel on April 18. I'll let you know how it goes. So far the process has been very easy to navigate. The video interview can be intimidating. Just relax, find good lighting, speak clearly and be yourself and smile!

Update-Had the face to face today, here in Anchorage. Was a very fun day, lots of great people. I heard there were 44 people there and 12 offers were made. I start training on July 10!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online through their careers website and got an email by their hiring manager within a couple of days with a link to a video interview. The video interview questions were like most typical interview questions, however it was a tad awkward having to see yourself during the interview. After I completed the video interview I got a phone call back within two days. The conversation went smoothly until I was honest about my school schedule. I told her I wouldn't be available to work only Tuesday and Wednesday evenings (still available in the morning) but she instantly made me aware that they are not flexible with any kind schedule and that there a lot of student candidates that apply but unfortunately cannot be offered a job due to any kind of unavailability. School comes first, so I politely thanked her for the opportunity and told her I would consider applying at a better time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • Are you able to multitask being on the computer and helping customers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Santa Ana, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Afterimg applying on 3/10/17 I got an email to do a video interview on 3/21/17. They give you 72hrs to do it so I did it on 3/22/17 and got a call that same day to do a face to face interview on the following Wednesday. It was a group of 20 people interviewing. It started out as an orientation, then group activity, then 1:1 interview. The interviews go by who got there first to the last. I was the first to arrive so I interviewed first. Got a call a few hours later offering the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Online application with attached resume and cover letter, online interview which I have yet to complete (I have 72 hours from the time of the email to complete. From there hopefully a face to face.

Reservation Agent - Work At Home Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Process took two weeks applied online through a recruiter got a call back to do a phone interview then went to get drug screen received final offer letter yesterday training starts on the 3rd

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with an irate customer   Answer Question
    • What is world class customer service and what does it mean to you   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines in March 2017.

Interview

So far I have just had the on-line "on-demand" interview. I have been asked to attend an in-person interview. I really felt like I messed up the on-line interview, so was very surprised to get an invistation to interview in person.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle the schedule of a "Reserve" flight attendant   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Santa Ana, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Target selection type questions.. name a time, your role, action, and results. Had to do a digital video interview which can be a bit awkward as theres no one talking to you its just seeing yourself recording answers. Second round was group stuff followed by 1 on 1 interviews.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Renton, WA).

Interview

Pretty straightforward, phone screen then in-person at HQ. Questions were applicable to position, and I was able to meet many members of the company. I was assured I would hear back within a week, but after a couple weeks and a couple emails still nothing.

Interview Questions

• Why doesn't Alaska Airlines try to compete directly with large Carriers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied back in September 2016. In December I received request for video interview. I didn't do that great on the video interview and was nervous and even had issues while recording. Just be yourself and answer honestly and do your best. I received invitation for group interview in January did the interview in feb and received offer for training in April. Be patient the process takes a long time for some of us. They will get to you eventually so be ready to rock your interviews. Everyone at the interview was amazing and very happy to be there offering support to all the candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Alaska?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (Manhattan Beach, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

First you are invited to an online virtual interview which consists of 7 questions. After this, if they like you they will call you and invite you to a group interview along with an orientation, and after a 1:1 with a hiring manager. The in person interview was about 2-3 hours long. They ask you questions about your work experience and how to deal with angry customers. I worked at Starbucks for three years and In-N-Out for two years and was not offered a job. I also felt my one on one interview was rushed.

Interview Questions

• How would you deescalate an issue with a customer?
      When was a time you went above and beyond for a customer?
      Tell me a little bit about your previous work experience.   1 Answer