Alaska Airlines Interview Questions in SeaTac, WA | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 23, 2016

2.7

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in SeaTac, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (SeaTac, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online with an employee referral and didn't hear back for around a month. I thought I didn't get it until I heard from a recruiter via e-mail. She said she had reviewed my resume and would like to chat over the phone. We scheduled a phone screen for the next day. The call was very laid back and did not contain any "trick questions," but simply questions to find out why I was leaving my current role and what I was looking for in the next and of course, "why Alaska Airlines?" At the end of the conversation she said she would like to have me come onsite. That was scheduled for a few days later. I met with my recruiter, another RC, my future manager, and the director of recruiting. I felt extremely comfortable answering all questions and they kept it very lighthearted. The majority of the time was spent with asking questions to them! After meeting everyone I left with a fuzzy feeling and a new passion for the company. It has always been my dream to work at Alaska and that finally came true four days later when I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current role? Why do you want to work at Alaska Airlines? Are you okay with traveling during the week?   Answer Question

Reservation Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in SeaTac, WA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (SeaTac, WA).

Interview

I applied sometime in the middle of the week online and got an email the next day to do the digital interview. I've done this before (and didn't get the job) so I was a little more prepared for it. 7 general interview questions, I think two of them were multiple choice but the rest were video answers, 30 seconds to prepare for your answer once the question is prompted, 2 minutes to answer it. This is the main part where they rule out many applicants so this is your time to shine! Got a text/call 2 days later from the recruiter who just gave me a rundown of the position and responsibilities then he invited me to the group interview. DO NOT GET FREAKED OUT by "group" interview. I went in and there were at least 20 other people there with me. The first hour of the event was spent giving a thorough overview of the company and an in depth description of the job and a day on the job. Then they assigned everyone interview times in 30 minute increments but they ran through it pretty fast, my interview was 20 minutes earlier than The time they assigned me for. Typical interview questions, I would estimate it to about 10 questions but it was one on one but it was pretty smooth. Then I got sent back to the waiting area and they called me in the back to do the basic computer part and answer about 5-7 more interview questions by the actual supervisors at the location I applied for. The computer part is just so they know you can operate their website, very simple. The overall process was long but pretty chill. The recruiters kept telling all the candidates to calm down and breath. They just want to get to know you to make sure you're a good fit. It was awesome!

Interview Questions

• Give me a time where you went above and beyond for a customer   1 Answer
    • How are you prepared to handle the schedule for this position   Answer Question
    • What your previous manager tell me about your attendance   Answer Question
    • What motivates you to keep a good attitude/customer service?   2 Answers
    • In your last employment review, what did your manager say was your biggest strength/weakness   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in SeaTac, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (SeaTac, WA).

Interview

Applied online 3 months before receiving a call
    Phone interview - going through resume with recruiter, and On-site interview - one week after phone.

Weeks after the on-site interview, I still haven't heard from them despite my thank you e-mail/query. Being silent after the on-site interview is not a good, modern-day practice as an employer. People were friendly at the interview but afterwards, be prepared for the silent treatment. Impression: old school.

Interview Questions

• Met with three MD's including the hiring manager. Generic questions like why are you interested in this role, walk me through your resume, as well as digging really deep on certain projects/roles on your resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in SeaTac, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (SeaTac, WA).

Interview

There were two interviews, with the third to be with the division VP. The first interview was with the hiring manager (Managing Director) and an HR representative. The second interview was with peers; both directors in the same group. I was not passed on to the third interview.

Pros: The people I met with were quite nice. The HR representatives I spoke with for scheduling interviews were accommodating of my schedule conflicts.

Cons: The hiring manager didn't appear to know what she wanted from a final candidate. I was surprised at how surface level the questions were, with no apparent expectation that I discuss how I would show success in such a role or my past leadership experience. Post interview, the feedback was highly conflicting between the hiring manager and HR. The two were not on the same page.

I would not be interested in applying for future positions in that part of the organization.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do now that we won't see as beneficial for years to come?   Answer Question

CSA Air Freight Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in SeaTac, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (SeaTac, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

Process:
    (1) Few days after applying for CSA Air Freight position, I got an email from a recruiter asking basic questions about the things that are required for this specific position.
    (2) After I sent her the answers, she then set up a phone interview with me in which she asked the same required questions plus some scenario-based and other questions.
    (3) Then I was invited for a group interview that had total of 20 candidates.
    (4) An Air Freight manager and a HR manager started the process by going over the company's history, culture, benefits etc. Once they were done with their presentation, they asked everyone to stand up one by one and tell everyone else that what was the best job we had and why.
    After this, everyone was given a unique scenario question to answer.
    Then we were split into teams of four and asked to come up with an idea of an aviation related product or service that doesn't already exist. (I think hey wanna see how good of a team player you are).
    (5) Total six people were selected for one-on-one interview and the rest were excused.
    This section was about 40-50 minutes long and they asked all kinds of questions.

Interview Questions

• "What is my risk to hire you?"   1 Answer

IT Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in SeaTac, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (SeaTac, WA) in August 2013.

Interview

Phone screening interview, in person interview with hiring manager, interview by peer panel. Initial interview is brief one on one with an HR Generalist. Interview with hiring manager and peer panel, HR person is present for all.

Interview Questions

• First ten minutes in the building an HR Generalist went through resume asking for each job in the past ten years, would this employer rehire you, were you ever disciplined for behavior issues? how much notice did you give when you left? This takes place in a public area where others are meeting, then again the same questioning is done in front of the hiring manager. Whatever you do, DO NOT joke or use humor. They take this very seriously in a negative way.   1 Answer
    • Do you use nicotine in any form?
      No interviews for any nicotine use, drug test to confirm. Even an occasional cigar will get you booted out of consideration!
      Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in SeaTac, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (SeaTac, WA) in July 2013.

Interview

You go through the interview process, they get your hopes up, then they decide to promote from within. Very frustrating.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in SeaTac, WA

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (SeaTac, WA) in May 2011.

Interview

The hiring process seems very slow. HR is apparently involved in every interview and runs most of the session with the hiring manager having very little input. The whole process seemed very geared toward entry level candidates and not toward professionals. Lots of emphasis on drug testing, tobacco testing, background checks etc. Things that shouldn't be huge stumbling blocks for mature professionals.

Interview Questions

• Walk through 10 years of work history.   Answer Question
    • Can you pass a tobacco test? Have you used any tobacco products in the last 6 months?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in SeaTac, WA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alaska Airlines (SeaTac, WA) in March 2008.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview in response to an online application. Met with hiring manager and the person one level up. Very thoughtful people and great interview questions. The usual questions, plus some that had clearly taken thought to come up with. Later was invited back to interview with some folks with whom the role would interact. People seemed very earnest, committed, and friendly.

The disappointing part of the process was that, after three rounds of interviews, they never followed up with me. Ever.