Albert Einstein College of Medicine Research Fellow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Albert Einstein College of Medicine Research Fellow Interview Questions

Interviews at Albert Einstein College of Medicine

2.5

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Bronx, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Arrive meet with principal investigator, give a research talk to members, Q&A about research, lunch with potential colleagues, then one to one meeting with most if not all the potential colleagues, one to one meeting with director of department, then joined meeting with principal investigator and director of department, show around facilities and wrap up.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Albert Einstein College of Medicine

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Bronx, NY).

Interview

Interview took place with the investigator 1:1.
    Surprisingly there was no interest for powerpoint presentation with projector in presence of whole lab / group members.
     Few questions on research interest were asked, and it was promised that the salary will be given as per the NIH rules for post doctoral fellowship.
    However after joining it was observed that the salary provided every year was below the levels as given by NIH guidelines as well as guidelines given by the Albert Einstein college of Medicine.
    No promotions even if you have impressive research experience, expertise, skills, teamwork ability, dedication, awards, performance, achievements, scientific publications, etc. Worked in this college for over 4 years however I did not receive any appreciation for my contributions. I felt like discrimination persists in this college.
    However few faculties in this college are really very good,very encouraging, appreciating, supportive and non biased.

Interview Questions

• General questions on past research experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was deceived with respect to the salary as per the NIH guidelines. Even after working for over 4 years salary never matched the rules of the college or of NIH.
    Please make sure you get right stipend/salary mentioned by NIH and as per the rules of this college. Some investigators do not pay as per the rules.
    If you dont get the promise of salary as per the rules please look for better places or look for better investigators immediately. Do not waste your time.