Alberta Health Services Interview Questions in Edmonton, AB | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 22, 2017

3.2

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Environmental Two Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ponoka, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services (Ponoka, AB (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

The Interview went well. I was interviewed by the Cleaning manager and by the supervisor cleaner. They both took turns & asked me lots of questions pertaining to cleaning. I answered the best way I knew how.-

Interview Questions

• If someone needed their room cleaned in a different ward than mine that I'm cleaning on & the one who's supposed to be cleaning that ward didn't do it, what would I do?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

Focus was on my skills and ability to manage high profile assignments, multi-task, knowledge of AHS policies, confidentiality, ability to handle pressure, career goals, and past experience and how it would contribute to the position and company

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was offered the position before Christmas 2015. Due to changes in corporate policy offer was rescinded as the department I applied to could not recruit externally to any vacancies.

Clerk V Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

First there was a phone interview and then I was brought in to interview with the manager and two supervisors. I had to submit a background check and once that was cleared I was offered a job the following week.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that is relevant to this job   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

Two interviewers - both senior Case Managers. Interviewed downtown. They both took turns asking questions and probing and paraphrasing to clarify some answers. They made me feel very comfortable during the interview and we engaging and engaged myself during interview. They thanked me for coming in and would let me know and give me feedback in one week. And they did what they said. They selected a candidate with more experience. Even though I wasn't selected, the whole interview and process with this department was professional and positive and would have loved working with them as they were really nice people!

Interview Questions

• Behavioural and situational. Asked about experience mostly a little about the company.   Answer Question

Benefits Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in July 2013.

Interview

Received a phone call from the senior advisor. I reviewed with her and two advisors. They phoned all of my references and then within a week they called me to offer me a position. I started in 2 weeks.

Manager IT Infrastructure Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

Long, tedious. very repetitive. Three three hour interviews culminating in a written exam, and followed by a 30 minute interview. Four interviews in all over four months. First interview, with hiring manager. Next interview with hiring manager and his boss. Third interview with hiring manager and one of his peers. Finla interview with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you dealt with diverse employees to achieve a goal.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in June 2012.

Interview

Hiring process was quick. Interview Process good and interactive. They focussed more on the interpersonal and behavioural skills rather than techincal skills. though they interview on that too. In all, it was fair. I liked the team and the team leader was herself coordinating the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What do you have in unique that other candidate wont have?   Answer Question

Psychiatric Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in August 2011.

Interview

Make sure to review hospital policy when it comes to dealing with patients. They will test to see if you know which rules regarding patients are important. Such examples will include when you're supervising them, restraining them, confidentiality. Make sure to have some background info on the type of patients you will be working with.

Interview Questions

• When you're supervising a patient (one to one) and you see two patients fighting, what do you do?   Answer Question

Therapy Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in May 2011.

Interview

online application followed by in person interview times 2. I had to provide a resume and references. they asked mostly situational questions. For example, what would you do when a client is asking you personal questions, or if the client leaves you without your knowledge - do you chase them or...

Document Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in October 2010.

Interview

Group interview with a manager and a director. Typical interview with the same kind of interview questions you might expect from an IT position. Very formal, wasn't laid back at all. HR process took a very long time to receive an actual offer letter. The probation period on the offer was longer than other positions at 12 months.

Interview Questions

• Walk through your resume focusing on what makes you a good candidate for this position   Answer Question
    • Management styles that you believe are important
      a. What makes a manager successful   Answer Question
    • Provide an example of a project/assignment related to document control that you were involved in that was successful
      a. Reasons for its success
      b. Roadblocks encountered and how you resolved them   Answer Question
    • Provide an example of a project/assignment that you were involved in that did not go well
      a. Factors for it not going well
      b. What would you do differently   Answer Question
    • What are the key risks that are faced in any systems development or capital projects? How are those risks address/mitigated?   Answer Question