Alberta Health Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017

3.3

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Physician (Laboratory Specialist) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services.

Interview

The position posted on national specialty websites listed UAH as the hospital where the successful candidate would work. As a U of A graduate, I learned by talking to former colleagues that the description was wrong, and that the job was actually based at the Royal Alexandra Hospital. Having two years of postdoctoral fellowships, and having trained there, I thought I had a chance of at least interviewing. I called the chief of department to express my interest and she said right away my CV was rejected for lack of experience, even though they had hired several of my colleagues without additional training. The discussion was extremely unprofessional and rude, and left me relieved I did not get the job to work with this person.

Interview Questions

• There were none, just thinly veiled insults at my qualifications and lies about the previously hired candidates.   Answer Question

Evaluation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online in March. Contacted by Assistant in April to schedule interview. Interviewed in person by two researchers who were going to be working on the project. Interview was very structured and lasted 45 mins. They alternated asking questions. All the the questions were related to research and evaluation.

Instrumentation Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview started with meet and greet of the panel, then a very thorough explanation of the location layout and future plans. Other panel member explained the organisational structure. Then a number of good questions. All very casual but to the point. Very well organized interview. At the end i was able to ask questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What do you do when work is completed and no work is planned?   Answer Question

Environmental Two Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ponoka, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services (Ponoka, AB (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

The Interview went well. I was interviewed by the Cleaning manager and by the supervisor cleaner. They both took turns & asked me lots of questions pertaining to cleaning. I answered the best way I knew how.-

Interview Questions

• If someone needed their room cleaned in a different ward than mine that I'm cleaning on & the one who's supposed to be cleaning that ward didn't do it, what would I do?   1 Answer

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

Two interviewers - both senior Case Managers. Interviewed downtown. They both took turns asking questions and probing and paraphrasing to clarify some answers. They made me feel very comfortable during the interview and we engaging and engaged myself during interview. They thanked me for coming in and would let me know and give me feedback in one week. And they did what they said. They selected a candidate with more experience. Even though I wasn't selected, the whole interview and process with this department was professional and positive and would have loved working with them as they were really nice people!

Interview Questions

• Behavioural and situational. Asked about experience mostly a little about the company.   Answer Question

Solution Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services in December 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by the Director of Clinical Projects, an Enterprise Architect, and an RPN. Interview was about 1 hour long. After the Director performed the reference checks he told me that he was going to offer me the job but was waiting for the budget to be approved. After waiting 10 months I received an email that that they had hired someone internal. When I inquired as to what had happened, I was told by HR that soon after I had my interview they had put into place a hiring restraint and decided to look internally for an applicant instead. What's interesting is that when I interviewed for the position I knew at that time that a hiring restraint was in place but I was told that "as long as the job was in the hopper they could fill the position".

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services.

Interview

The interview was very good. Both interviewers were very nice. Not difficult questions. Everything sounded really good but four days after I received an email thanking me but saying that I was out of the hiring process. It was tough!

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any difficult or unexpected question. All of them were very accurate are oriented to the position   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services.

Interview

Interview with two project managers. They are cool and very nice.All are behavioral Questions. weakness, strength, work experience etc. Be confident

Manager IT Infrastructure Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

Long, tedious. very repetitive. Three three hour interviews culminating in a written exam, and followed by a 30 minute interview. Four interviews in all over four months. First interview, with hiring manager. Next interview with hiring manager and his boss. Third interview with hiring manager and one of his peers. Finla interview with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you dealt with diverse employees to achieve a goal.   Answer Question

Clerk V Liaison Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alberta Health Services (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2012.

Interview

There is always two or more interviewers in the room which makes keeping composure a little difficult. The manager was friendly and easy going and the others seem just as nervous as I was. They take turns asking ALOT of questions that you probably wont remember afterwards as they are not always what you will expect. Each interview is unique to the job posting.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question I have had was..... ."What are you most proud of that have accomplished in your lifetime"   1 Answer