Alberta Investment Management Corporation (AIMCo) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alberta Investment Management Corporation (AIMCo) Interview Questions

Interviews at Alberta Investment Management Corporation (AIMCo)

3.2

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alberta Investment Management Corporation (AIMCo) in July 2015.

Interview

Nothing out of ordinary, regular interview questions you can expect about strenghs and weakness, how did you solve a specific problem on a previous job? The greatest achievment on your career.
    Interview was conducted with Human Resources manager, IPA Managers, Middle Office VP and Director.
    There were 3 rounds of interview in total and it took one month.

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alberta Investment Management Corporation (AIMCo) (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in February 2012.

Interview

Long process. First interview with HR and team manager. Second interview with the team members.

Interview Questions

Received a better offer elsewhere.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Apply online and be contacted after one month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alberta Investment Management Corporation (AIMCo) (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in July 2009.

Interview

Long interview process (2 days). Initial phone interview followed by an in person interview with the manager and the VP of HR. The man in HR did not ask very many questions. Most of the interview was directed by the manager who was doing the hiring it seems. Not sure why the VP of HR was involved in the interview process. Also met with each team member for an informal interview. Overall, the process was too long and excessive. As a general observation, the work environment was very quiet and the majority of the employees looked uninterested or tired of their jobs. The office is very modern and spacious but the people did not seem to socialize with each other. An open office concept with lots of glass.

Interview Questions

The hiring process took too long and I ended up taking up another offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alberta Investment Management Corporation (AIMCo) (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in July 2010.

Interview

A series of phone interviews with direct supervisor and vp of the department, followed by a phone interview with a vp of HR (seems like standard practice there). A week later invited to visit the office and meet the team (they were very accommodating with booking the flight/hotel, etc). Met the team. Very nice bunch of people from the administrative staff all the way to vps and mds. Was shown around, met people from other departments, had short interviews with each person who I would be working with. Very positive experience overall.

Interview Questions

• What discount rate/curve do you use to discount the cashflows when you value a plain vanilla swap?   1 Answer

They presented me with a very reasonable offer, benefits. Declined because I decided to pursue a different specialization with my career.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Alberta Investment Management Corporation (AIMCo) in March 2019.

Interview

Two phone interviews and two in person interviews. Phone interview relatively easy behavioral questions. In person interview is more technical. Depending on the HR person they may be very quick or awfully slow at getting back to you.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alberta Investment Management Corporation (AIMCo) (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in February 2018.

Interview

two managers was interviewing me. they ask me usual behaviour questions and technical questions from math and finance. duration of the interview is about one hour. most of interviewers are from university of Alberta.

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alberta Investment Management Corporation (AIMCo) (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the corporate website. Received a call for an interview a week after the job posting deadline. Had an interview the following week with the department manager, HR coordinator, and two analysts. The interview was very fit oriented with some technical questions. Received a call 2 weeks later without an offer.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Alberta Investment Management Corporation (AIMCo) (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

Recruitment Agency Driven for Senior level; process was prescreening w/ agency; then face to face w/ hiring manager; followed by panel interview; significant reference checks; criminal, credit and education verification. Following verbal offer, another meeting to review offer in person and sign.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Alberta Investment Management Corporation (AIMCo) (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in May 2011.

Interview

Interview process too long.

Took too long to make an offer.