Alberta Investment Management Corporation Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alberta Investment Management Corporation Analyst Interview Questions

Analyst Interview

Interview

Apply online and be contacted after one month.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Alberta Investment Management Corporation

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alberta Investment Management Corporation (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in July 2010.

Interview

A series of phone interviews with direct supervisor and vp of the department, followed by a phone interview with a vp of HR (seems like standard practice there). A week later invited to visit the office and meet the team (they were very accommodating with booking the flight/hotel, etc). Met the team. Very nice bunch of people from the administrative staff all the way to vps and mds. Was shown around, met people from other departments, had short interviews with each person who I would be working with. Very positive experience overall.

Interview Questions

• What discount rate/curve do you use to discount the cashflows when you value a plain vanilla swap?   1 Answer

They presented me with a very reasonable offer, benefits. Declined because I decided to pursue a different specialization with my career.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alberta Investment Management Corporation (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in July 2009.

Interview

Long interview process (2 days). Initial phone interview followed by an in person interview with the manager and the VP of HR. The man in HR did not ask very many questions. Most of the interview was directed by the manager who was doing the hiring it seems. Not sure why the VP of HR was involved in the interview process. Also met with each team member for an informal interview. Overall, the process was too long and excessive. As a general observation, the work environment was very quiet and the majority of the employees looked uninterested or tired of their jobs. The office is very modern and spacious but the people did not seem to socialize with each other. An open office concept with lots of glass.

Interview Questions

The hiring process took too long and I ended up taking up another offer.