Alberta Investment Management Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alberta Investment Management Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

3.1

Application

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting. Notified by HR for a brief phone screen and scheduled a 1st round behavioral interview. Questions were standard and the people were nice. Received email 2 weeks after interview that I'm not selected

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alberta Investment Management Corporation (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Received a call from the risk department manager to come in for the interview. Interview was held by 2 managers. The interview itself was easygoing but intelligent. The interview lasted for an hour. Covered multiple topics. Overall a pleasant experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alberta Investment Management Corporation (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

I did not apply this job but the HR called if I am available for the summer. I figured because I applied another roll with this firm before, they have my previous application in the system.The first round interview was about 20 minutes and went well. HR called in the afternoon for a second round interview. Staring with walking through the resume.

Interview Questions

• When work in a team, prefer work individually first and come together after or work together from the beginning?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alberta Investment Management Corporation (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

I applied for this position through internal reference and I got a call from HR within 2 days. It was basic questions from HR about pay, relocation, availability and etc. Then I got scheduled for Skype interview on the same week. HR and 2 technical managers on Skype interview and asked 90% technical questions. I was able to answer 80% of them and HR called me the next day and asked me to come to office for final interview. Since I have to fly to Edmonton, interview was scheduled for the next week. I went to their office and met HR manager, 2 technical managers and an IT director. 1.5 hours interview and 50% technical questions and the IT director asked other 50% of questions and it was all HR based questions and she is the one who makes decision. After a week HR told me that out of 14 people me and another person was asked to come to office for final decision and I was not the chosen one!

I submitted all the expenses over email and I got paid within 2 weeks.

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alberta Investment Management Corporation (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed Via skype for 4 different positions. One interview was with two departments. The other two just had the directors from individual departments. Although Skype isnt the best platform to do interviews over, AIMCo was very accommodating to any technical difficulties that arose. In essence, I was interviewed by the directors of each department as well as a senior analyst working under those directors. They asked me various experience related questions as well as my qualification for each position. They were definitely looking for answers that reflected AIMCo's core values and were interested in seeing if they could work with me for extended periods of time.

Interview Questions

• If you wanted me (the interviewer) to ask you one question, what would it be?   Answer Question

Performance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alberta Investment Management Corporation in July 2015.

Interview

Nothing out of ordinary, regular interview questions you can expect about strenghs and weakness, how did you solve a specific problem on a previous job? The greatest achievment on your career.
    Interview was conducted with Human Resources manager, IPA Managers, Middle Office VP and Director.
    There were 3 rounds of interview in total and it took one month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alberta Investment Management Corporation (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Got a call few weeks later to set up interview date. two people interviewed, asked some basic interview questions and some projects I did in University. Semi-formal and nice conversation. Never heard from them after interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What is your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Alberta Investment Management Corporation (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

Recruitment Agency Driven for Senior level; process was prescreening w/ agency; then face to face w/ hiring manager; followed by panel interview; significant reference checks; criminal, credit and education verification. Following verbal offer, another meeting to review offer in person and sign.

Senior Analyst Interview

Interview

Not structured. I was brought from another city to interview with at least 6 people. Some were clueless about interviewing skills. I found the process quite stressful, however i hear it could be worse. The city is not exactly a financial hub so people who come here come to relax not to feel the same kind of stress as in a global financial centre

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Analyst Interview

Interview

Apply online and be contacted after one month.