Albuquerque Public Schools Interview Questions in New Mexico | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 3, 2016

2.3

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Albuquerque Public Schools (Albuquerque, NM) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was very focused and effective. It started promptly at the designated time. It was relaxed, yet professional. A formal list of questions had been mentioned on the phone, but the list never materialized in person. At the end of our professional discussion, I was taken for a tour of the building and the room in which I would be teaching. An introduction to a few people took place at the end. I was then called and offered the position. I accepted.

Interview Questions

• What is your strength as an educator?   1 Answer

First Grade Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Albuquerque Public Schools (Albuquerque, NM) in June 2016.

Interview

I as applied as a teacher to different schools and I quickly realized that the interview process just depends on the administration at each school. In hard to fill jobs (mostly in the southvalley) it seems that there was hardly an interview and the principal called me in just to meet me face-to-face. No questions about my pedagogy, my work experience or my teaching style. At other schools with limited teacher turnover they asked for my experience working with district-wide programs (like Fundations, Stepping Stones, Treasures etc.) my experience working with PBIS, my experiences with my grade level team and asked me why I wanted to work at there school. After the interview the principal doesn't get to tell you if you got the job and they hardly even talk to you. You get a call from HR telling you whether or not they are offering you the job opening. At which point you can decline it, accept it or ask for more time to consider it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What is your experience working with PBIS?
      How do you use technology in the classroom?
      How do you prefer to contact parents?
      Answer Question

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Albuquerque Public Schools (Albuquerque, NM) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online, had to provide 3 references along with app. Separate questions were sent to those references. Had to pass an online course and bring paperwork to an "orientation" which basically outlined policies and procedures.

Negotiation

N/A

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Albuquerque Public Schools (Albuquerque, NM) in July 2014.

Interview

Friendly and conversational interview process. I have applied at four schools in the district and each school seems to have their own process. In some schools I just met with the principal and it was pretty formal. In other schools I met with the principal and head teacher and it was more conversational. After the interview you spend a lot of time waiting for someone to call and offer the job.

Interview Questions

• I do not remember any specific questions. I do remember that we discussed the experience I had working with severe challenging behavior.   Answer Question

Records Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Albuquerque Public Schools (Albuquerque, NM) in November 2012.

Interview

For the most part they already know who they want to hire. The company just makes you go through the red tape. If u get an interview its a round robin interview from two or more persons interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself another words you work experience   Answer Question

First Grade Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Albuquerque Public Schools (Albuquerque, NM) in September 2011.

Interview

Easy. Simply showed up to the job fair with a resume in my hand that read "bilingual" and I was practically hired on the spot. New Mexico is struggling to find and retain bilingual educators.

Special Education Elementary School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Albuquerque Public Schools (Albuquerque, NM) in July 2011.

Interview

Before the interview you will need to complete an online application, submit a resume, cover letter and transcripts and take a paper copy of your resume and cover letter to the school you are applying at.

You will usually have an interview with about 5 staff present. The principal, assistant principal, a special education teacher, head special education teacher and possibly a regular education teacher. Some will ask questions and others may not. Anywhere from 5-10 questions. Each school in APS is different in how many people are there and the types of questions, so be prepared for many possible questions? Remember what you wrote on your cover letter and resume, they may refer to them.
    You don't need to wear a suit. Men should wear dress pants, dress shirt and a tie. Ladies should wear a blouse and dress pants. Once you get the job you can wear anything you want to work, even shorts.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with student behavior?
      What would your classroom look like?
      How would you deal with a mad parent or other staff member?
      Strengths/weaknesses?