Alcatel-Lucent Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.4

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Wireless Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Naperville, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

It was only one round. On site interview. Got a got call the previous week from HR asking me to schedule a timing for on site interview the following week

Junior RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

First I talked to them at my colleges career fair. I received an email from them telling me to apply for the position. Which I had already done. I got an email saying I had been short listed. I didn't hear anything for awhile, and then one day, out of the blue, I got a phone interview. I kind of wished I had some warning it was right in the middle of dinner.

Interview Questions

• What through-put is, and briefly walk me through resume.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Naperville, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

A phone interview was taken where they asked regarding my projects, my previous work experience, and a few technical questions on LINUX, NOSQL databases and C,C++ programming. I was also asked few behavioral questions where they told me few situations and asked me how I would react and what actions would I take. Then they asked me regarding the expected salary, how many hours I will be able to work.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between REDIS and MongoDB database and which of them do you think gives better performance?   Answer Question

Software Tool Analysis/Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Naperville, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online. I had an on site interview where they mostly asked me behavioral questions. It was a very simple process. I asked for a phone interview, but they insisted I come in. That was slightly annoying since I went to school 2 hours away. It wasn't too bad though.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I might go about planning to code a specific software problem.   Answer Question

Lte Test Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

It was a phone interview and I was interviewed by 2 people. They basically asked me everything in CV from my previous work experience to the courses I have took. The interview lasted for about 45 minutes and some situational based questions were asked too. The interview was very basic overall.

Interview Questions

I got better opportunity in a better firm.

Low Level Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Naperville, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

I used to work for ALU for 11 years and would like to rework for it again. I learned the opening from my previos colleagues who are still in ALU. They helped to submit my resume to the hirling manager.

Interview Questions

• The manager just asked me my previous experience in ALU. Nothing hard.   1 Answer

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Naperville, IL).

Interview

Initial phone interview, on site visit with 3 folks, then received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Asked to write a computer program off the top of my head.   Answer Question

Operations RAN Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Naperville, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with the Staffing Agency first by phone. Then an interview was scheduled with hiring manager which was also a phone interview. Once interview was complete, I was informed on the same day that I was selected for the position, but the background check and the drug test has to be completed successfully first.

Interview Questions

• Have you did any troubleshooting on the CDMA EVDO technology before?   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Naperville, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online in Feb., got phone interview in May. It's more like a behavior interview. And got offer next day.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Naperville, IL).

Interview

The process was very straight-forward and efficient.

Interview Questions

• The questions centered around my ability to do the job I was interviewing for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was acceptable as it was presented.