Alcatel-Lucent Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alcatel-Lucent Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and one face to face. The process took approximately 3 weeks. Overall, it was a pleasant process with quick decision making. Questions were pretty standard and related to the job.

Interview Questions

• Asked to explain my prior experiences related to the job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Alcatel-Lucent

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Noida (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

Wriiten test of C,
    Apptitude test which has mathmathics probem
    interviews in mainly on pointers, arrays, java, HTML, C sharp
    They asked few programs, how to write the programs, asked few synax and how to debug the programming errors

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

It was a campus interview. Started off with ppt then written test. Consisted of apti, C, comp architecture & devices. Paper was bit difficult. Less number of shortlists for interview. Interview was a 1:2 panel type. Comfort and relaxing interview. concentrated on ideas and problem solving. Overall it was one of the best interviews.

Interview Questions

• How would you cut a rectangular cake into two equal pieces when a rectangular piece has already been cut out of it? The cut piece can be of any size and orientation. You are only allowed to make one straight cut.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ernakulam (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Ernakulam (India)) in February 2012.

Interview

i got call from HR regarding the vacant position.i said am intersted in the position.i had technical interview over phone.he asked about questions related to my work experience and SDH.HR called and confirmed the offer.

Negotiation

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in July 2011.

Interview

Very short, My knowledge about the position and group.

Interview Questions

• How do you organize your personal life knowing your are on long term travel.   1 Answer

Low salary

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)) in January 2011.

Interview

Initially, i get to know about a vacancy in this company from my known. Then, discussion about the profile & then telephonic interview.
    Personal interview is scheduled & I was confirmed after 1 month of interview.

Interview Questions

• Is it comfortable to go in management sort of job from engineering?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pudong, Shanghai (China)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Pudong, Shanghai (China)) in September 2010.

Interview

Interviewers were very nice, including HR

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2009.

Interview

This was a one day interview. The panel was well prepared and asked right questions.

Interview Questions

• Found it difficult to answer a specifics of an very old project. But managed it somehow :)   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Chennai (India)) in June 2009.

Interview

I received HR call from the company. HR enquired about my current job. HR asked few questions like
    1. Importance of Software processes.
    2. If I had worked on Open source software.
    3. advantages and disadvantages of open source.
    4. Importance of modularity.

Interview Questions

• How did QNX Neutrino achieves its unique degree of efficiency, modularity, and simplicity   1 Answer
    • Disadvantages of QNX.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mons, Hainaut (Belgium)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Mons, Hainaut (Belgium)) in February 2009.

Interview

Had a phone first which was generally competence based followed by panel interview. This was later followed by 2 phone interviews. Question were generally standardised.