Alcatel-Lucent Interview Questions in India | Glassdoor

Alcatel-Lucent Interview Questions in India

Updated Apr 16, 2017

3.2

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Interview

1. Telephonic round
    2. Coding round (Asked me to come on a weekday, after 5hours of coding asked me to copy the code in a pendrive and leave). Didn't even gave me time for lunch or even water. Wasted whole day, that also a weekday.
    3. No feedback about the coding round, wheather I cleared that round or not.

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

Highly mismanaged and unorganized. I waited for 2.5 hours on a weekday. Two folks walked into room, one of them asked practical and relevant questions. Another one, a lady asked complete theory, she had such a negative vibe since the moment they entered in room as if i am going to replace her job. It was totally negative interview experience. I have given and taken 100s of interviews so far in career but never felt so negative in any.

Interview Questions

• Write 30 ( yes ) test cases for some scenario from previous organization. Panelist didn't understand difference between functional and non-functional testing. According to them performance testing comes under functional testing :)   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

Got call letter for F2F interview. Lame interviewer and had no interest to conduct interview. She asked hardly 5 basic java questions and asked me to leave for the day. As she has not introduced herself, end of the interview I asked for her good name.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is encapsulation?
      2. Difference between hashcode and hashtable, can hashcode be overridden.
      3. Write program to count "This" keyword from file.
      4. Answer for code snippet of simple inheritance concept.
      5. Why are you looking for job change?
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mysore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Mysore (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

There were 4 rounds.First round is Amcat, in that 5 section were there verbal,quants,logical,technical and 2 coding question.Amcat basically repeat if you google questions you will get.
    Next was technical interview 1 which lasted for 30 mins.for others it was for just 15 min.In this round they basically will ask u abou project and basics of ds
    3 round was again technical. It lasted for more than 2 and half hours.They concentrated on neyworks,oops,puzzles.
    the 3rd round of interview was till 10 30pm.it was really hectic .we had to wait for too much time. They told me they may call tom but they didnt call.After one month they announced the results.

Interview Questions

• differnece between tcp and udp?
      design the traffic signal system?
      design of product based on a given situation.
      operation on files,database,strings.
      program for unix commands
      1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

I got a call letter through a consultancy. I got call from consultancy on Monday and got the interview call letter on Friday.Interview process took a day (except HR discussion). It was nerve-wracking and lot of waiting in between interview rounds. There was overall 3 rounds (2 technical and one managerial) and a task given to design a static web page within an hour.

SI Profile Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Chennai (India)).

Interview

It was the good experience so far, I am expecting a good result.
    The interviewer has good knowledge of all the technologies, so we need more preparation.
    And the questions are mostly related to the Project which we are working on right now.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Chennai (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

Initially they short listed for interview through telephone and then they scheduled on a week day.
    Then the following rounds:
    3 rounds of Technical rounds ( took around half day)
    Then i got a call that , they are OK with my previous rounds and also they scheduled next rounds on another week day.
    1 round of Manager round ( around 45 min)
    1 round of HR ( around 45 min)
    Completed all these rounds..

Interview Questions

• Normal interview questions like tell me about yourself, why leaving previous company   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Interview

The interviewer asked questions for two hours and he asked questions from all the subjects I studied till that point from computer science. Great and experienced recruiters but hard to crack their interview. Be thorough with your basics.

Interview Questions

• networking protocols, circular linked list datastructure e.t.c   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Mangalore (India)).

Interview

A written aptitude and technical test was conducted followed by 3 interviews across 2 days.

A lot of students were selected through the aptitude test. There was no Group Discussion round. It started with an interview round late in the night. First round comprised of a mix of technical questions and puzzles. Some puzzles were similar to the easy questions of CAT pattern

The second round was held in the morning the next day. This round was similar to the first one and taken by another gentleman. This was more on logical interpretation of technology like how a mobile works etc. I was honest to tell them that I already had a job offer and they were transparent enough which I really liked.

Technical Lead Interview

Interview

Had 4 rounds of Interview

1. Telephonic -Technical -1hr
    2. Face to Face - Technical -1hr
    3. Face to Face - Manager 30 min
    4. Telephonic - HR - 1hr 15 min

Two people were present in each of the technical rounds . HR round was bit lengthy but I didn't feel it since HR was so good in understanding my mindset.