Alcatel-Lucent Interview Questions in India | Glassdoor

3.2

133 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

A coding round with two programs to be solved on an online compiler. One was easy and the other one was tricky. Next was an aptitude round which also included questions related to English grammar. One tech interview.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview was scheduled at 10.30am on weekday. I reached there at correct time and called the contact person. She said that someone would come and take you for the interview. I have waited around one and half an hour. A person came and took me for interview.

It was 4 rounds process. 1st round is technical discussion with one person, he asked me all basic questions on java, spring and some questions on my project. It was just basic knowledge testing round on the technology.

After 1st round, he took me for lunch after which I had 2nd technical discussion with another person. Questions were bit difficult in this round, you should be more confident on what you are saying.

3rd was discussion with manager. He was technical person and asked some basic questions on project, my role. He explained about their project and discussed package too. Once he was satisfied, he took me for HR round. HR round was just for formality.

Its been a week I attended the interview. No communication from them yet. It may be because of my notice period which is 3 months. They have an urgent requirement. Hoping for the best and waiting for the offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

Asked to come for a f2f interview. You will have to stand outside in the reception because there will be many candidates and 4 chairs.

The interviewer was looking for a separate set of skills and I felt there was no reason for asking candidates to come just for fun.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Interview

1. Telephonic round
    2. Coding round (Asked me to come on a weekday, after 5hours of coding asked me to copy the code in a pendrive and leave). Didn't even gave me time for lunch or even water. Wasted whole day, that also a weekday.
    3. No feedback about the coding round, wheather I cleared that round or not.

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

Highly mismanaged and unorganized. I waited for 2.5 hours on a weekday. Two folks walked into room, one of them asked practical and relevant questions. Another one, a lady asked complete theory, she had such a negative vibe since the moment they entered in room as if i am going to replace her job. It was totally negative interview experience. I have given and taken 100s of interviews so far in career but never felt so negative in any.

Interview Questions

• Write 30 ( yes ) test cases for some scenario from previous organization. Panelist didn't understand difference between functional and non-functional testing. According to them performance testing comes under functional testing :)   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed in ALU office on Jan 3rd 2017 after applying through LinkedIn. I had first round with the manager and the second one with the Senior Developer. Interview was very smooth and they are very polite. Next day I have received call from the HR and she scheduled telephonic round with the Director. The round with the Director was also went well. I did not hear any update after that. I have mailed the HR twice and tried to reach her on phone also. called the HR after 3 months and then she replied saying she did not have any update on that and she checked with Hiring Manager/Director and she updated me that there is hiring freeze in that team and she will consider if there is requirement in other teams.

Please value the time of people. Convey the message if it's positive or negative. Please change the process of hiring.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

Got call letter for F2F interview. Lame interviewer and had no interest to conduct interview. She asked hardly 5 basic java questions and asked me to leave for the day. As she has not introduced herself, end of the interview I asked for her good name.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is encapsulation?
      2. Difference between hashcode and hashtable, can hashcode be overridden.
      3. Write program to count "This" keyword from file.
      4. Answer for code snippet of simple inheritance concept.
      5. Why are you looking for job change?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mysore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Mysore (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

There were 4 rounds.First round is Amcat, in that 5 section were there verbal,quants,logical,technical and 2 coding question.Amcat basically repeat if you google questions you will get.
    Next was technical interview 1 which lasted for 30 mins.for others it was for just 15 min.In this round they basically will ask u abou project and basics of ds
    3 round was again technical. It lasted for more than 2 and half hours.They concentrated on neyworks,oops,puzzles.
    the 3rd round of interview was till 10 30pm.it was really hectic .we had to wait for too much time. They told me they may call tom but they didnt call.After one month they announced the results.

Interview Questions

• differnece between tcp and udp?
      design the traffic signal system?
      design of product based on a given situation.
      operation on files,database,strings.
      program for unix commands   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

I got a call letter through a consultancy. I got call from consultancy on Monday and got the interview call letter on Friday.Interview process took a day (except HR discussion). It was nerve-wracking and lot of waiting in between interview rounds. There was overall 3 rounds (2 technical and one managerial) and a task given to design a static web page within an hour.

SI Profile Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Chennai (India)).

Interview

It was the good experience so far, I am expecting a good result.
    The interviewer has good knowledge of all the technologies, so we need more preparation.
    And the questions are mostly related to the Project which we are working on right now.