Alcatel-Lucent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2017

2.9

Integratation Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Providence, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (New Providence, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone screening in early December with a member of the IP Platforms team. After that, I was scheduled to come to the offices following the holidays. Upon coming to the offices, I went through three relatively small 1:1 interviews with an HR manager, members of the IP team, and the manager of the team. Questions ranged from personality to experience and technical skills.

Interview Questions

• When did you struggle working with a team and how did you manage the situation?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Mountain View, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

2 rounds of telephonic interview. Questions were mainly from networking domain and operating systems. Some of the questions were: difference between threads and processes, ipv6, mutex and semaphores, divide and conquer

Junior RF Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Interview

Had two interviews over the phone asking behavioral questions and reasons I was applying for the RF department. They just wanted to know if I was only applying because I needed some work experience or actually wanted to do RF.

Interview Questions

• What I knew in regards to the 4G network   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Interview

I applied on line to the job advertisement on the company website. Then i received an email from the recruiter asking me to forward my resume. After that I was scheduled a call with the recruiter and then the hiring manager. His name was given to me and a time was scheduled for the phone interview. He was courteous on the phone and got back to me within couple of days.

Interview Questions

• 1. If you had to change one thing about your past company, what will that be?   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a comfortable process. It went on for 45 minutes, he asked me to describe about myself.All questions were based on my Resume. The questions were all basic.

Interview Questions

• Layer 2 practical questions. OSPF and RIP difference. What is a DNS, DHCP. Python Basics.   Answer Question

Network Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Mountain View, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Great! Two telephonic rounds. 1st one for 45 minutes and second one for 1.5 hours. I got a call from University career fair. Interviewer was friendly and made me feel comfortable. He also asked few puzzles. Just keep your basic networking clear and you will be all set.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Interview

I was referred by an employee; so there was some confidence in my candidacy ahead of the interview. I first Interviewed the hiring manager. I was asked simple questions and got the job. Then, I went through the HR process to get through the formal hiring process.

Logistics PM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Plano, TX).

Interview

A 2 week process that ended up with a phone interview. Super friendly and asked standard questions about my resume. Ran down my resume and that's about it. They are really slow at getting back with you so expect that.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Mountain View, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Three rounds of interview- first two were telephonic and third was on-site. The interviews were technical ranging from basics of C programming, real-time Operating Systems and tons of questions on basics of Computer Networking.

Onsite interview had 4 rounds with 4 different engineers including hiring manager. Each round was technical with C programming questions and computer networking basics. The interview with hiring manager also included behavioral questions and resume discussion, including discussing life in Mountain View and California in general, as it was my first visit to the state.

Interview Questions

• Binary Tree based programming questions, Linked List based questions- to be programmed in C.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was good for entry level position, so didn't negotiate.

Clerical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murray Hill, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Murray Hill, NJ).

Interview

Meeting with the entire team. Went over my entire resume each time. Be prepared with detailed responses for some of your recent accomplishments. Be genuine and answer the questions and you will be fine.