Alcatel-Lucent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alcatel-Lucent Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2017

2.9

RF Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with 2 engineers. Asked detailed questions about by my professional and academic experience relevant to the position. In-person interview consisted of similar questions but this time with another engineer and the head of the department.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with often working long hours (not 9-5) to complete projects?   Answer Question

Junior RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

First I talked to them at my colleges career fair. I received an email from them telling me to apply for the position. Which I had already done. I got an email saying I had been short listed. I didn't hear anything for awhile, and then one day, out of the blue, I got a phone interview. I kind of wished I had some warning it was right in the middle of dinner.

Interview Questions

• What through-put is, and briefly walk me through resume.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Interview

Applied through employee referral. Telephone screening followed by face to face interview with four different interviewer each one hour on the same day. Internet access is required during telephonic round. you will be given a codepad link. bit operations, complexity of algos and find the bug in the given code snippet are the main question during telephonic round. No hassles in the process.

Interview Questions

• 1. Reverse the words in a string
      2. Design text editor
      3. mutex and semaphore diff
      4. Socket programming and TCP related questions
      5. write function to get a mirror of a tree   Answer Question

Network Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Interview

A Phone screen directly with a person of the Team.
    I was asked various questions regarding life of a TCP/IP packet. Each answer lead to several different questions that took a deeper dive into OSI Layers 2,3 and 4. The interviewer was a bit arrogant about the knowledge he had and he purposefully led me towards the incorrect answers and I came back refuting most of his comments with the correct answer (incorrect in his opinion). Sometimes he was just plain rude.

I did not go through to the next round because I did not clear this interview for obvious reasons

Interview Questions

• Explain the packet communication between client and a Server with 2 hops in the middle.   Answer Question

Salesforce Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Plano, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Very simple, I applied online and was reached by recruiter for screening. I was asked about the skills and exp required for applied position and then actuall manager called for technical round.Then it went for negotiation. I was able to get very good salary in plano.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate for extra 5% over your offer.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Naperville, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

A phone interview was taken where they asked regarding my projects, my previous work experience, and a few technical questions on LINUX, NOSQL databases and C,C++ programming. I was also asked few behavioral questions where they told me few situations and asked me how I would react and what actions would I take. Then they asked me regarding the expected salary, how many hours I will be able to work.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between REDIS and MongoDB database and which of them do you think gives better performance?   Answer Question

Lte Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Interview

It's a co-op position. I submitted a resume through university co-op network and several days late, I received a phone interview by a technical engineer in Alcatel Lucent. Not difficult. It's an easy interview and more about some basic networking knowledge. But after this interview, I got nothing not even a reject email. That's strange.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Interview

I applied for this position online. About 2 weeks later, I was called to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of behavioral questions as well as questions about resume. About a month later, I was offered the position.

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent.

Interview

I applied through university. The first round was technical phone screen. The interviewer focused on fundamentals of networking and testing.
    1. What happens when a URL is entered in browser?
    2. Fundamentals of OSPF and BGP
    3. How will you test a product?
    As this was the initial interview, it was easy. But I was not prepared well. So, could not get through.

Interview

One phone interview and then onsite. I just had the phone interview. The questions started off as general as it can be.
    1. When a user connects to the network, what all protocols goes in booting, and then finally getting the information from the server?
    2. Differences between TCP and UDP.
    3. For BGP why does the network is divided into access areas (I don't remember this exactly! Sorry!).
    4. What protocol is used for Youtube? How about if it has to be chosen from TCP or UDP?

They expected some programming in C, which I was not familiar with at that time. I didn't get through the interview.

Interview Questions

• What protocol is used for Youtube? How about if it has to be chosen from TCP or UDP?   1 Answer