Alcatel-Lucent Interview Questions in Mountain View, CA | Glassdoor

3.4

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Mountain View, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

2 rounds of telephonic interview. Questions were mainly from networking domain and operating systems. Some of the questions were: difference between threads and processes, ipv6, mutex and semaphores, divide and conquer

Network Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Mountain View, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Great! Two telephonic rounds. 1st one for 45 minutes and second one for 1.5 hours. I got a call from University career fair. Interviewer was friendly and made me feel comfortable. He also asked few puzzles. Just keep your basic networking clear and you will be all set.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Mountain View, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Three rounds of interview- first two were telephonic and third was on-site. The interviews were technical ranging from basics of C programming, real-time Operating Systems and tons of questions on basics of Computer Networking.

Onsite interview had 4 rounds with 4 different engineers including hiring manager. Each round was technical with C programming questions and computer networking basics. The interview with hiring manager also included behavioral questions and resume discussion, including discussing life in Mountain View and California in general, as it was my first visit to the state.

Interview Questions

• Binary Tree based programming questions, Linked List based questions- to be programmed in C.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was good for entry level position, so didn't negotiate.

Qualaity Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Mountain View, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by the hiring Manager himself.
    I answered well. But since I didn't have any Computer Science background along with programming and scripting experience, I think it didn't go further.

Interview Questions

• HOW A PING SEQUENCE TAKES PLACE BETWEEN THE FOLLOWING topology or any similar topology :
      Host A ---------Router 1---------Router2----------Host B..
      Now, if you ping ( send any packet ) from Host A to Host B, what all happens ?   Answer Question
    • Explain about Hub, Switch and Routers. How are these 3 different from each other. He further asked me in detail about breaking up of collision domain by switches and what happens in Hubs?
      He added if four hosts are connected to four ports of a Hub and and four hosts are connected to a switch and if a host wants to send something, than what happens?   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Mountain View, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

I was asked questions unrelated to my area of work. Though my graduation was in Information Science Discipline, I was asked Transistors, Gates, Assembly language programming

I was asked puzzles to solve.

There some very good questions asked though.

I didn't like the attitude of some of the people who Interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Write a Assembly language code to check for palindromes.   Answer Question
    • Write a pseudo code to check the file sizes in a folder.   Answer Question