Alcatel-Lucent Interview Questions in New Jersey | Glassdoor

2.6

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Integratation Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Providence, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (New Providence, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone screening in early December with a member of the IP Platforms team. After that, I was scheduled to come to the offices following the holidays. Upon coming to the offices, I went through three relatively small 1:1 interviews with an HR manager, members of the IP team, and the manager of the team. Questions ranged from personality to experience and technical skills.

Interview Questions

• When did you struggle working with a team and how did you manage the situation?   Answer Question

Clerical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murray Hill, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Murray Hill, NJ).

Interview

Meeting with the entire team. Went over my entire resume each time. Be prepared with detailed responses for some of your recent accomplishments. Be genuine and answer the questions and you will be fine.

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Providence, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (New Providence, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

one informational interview via phone during i spoke directly to my soon-to-be supervisor. This was followed up 1 week later by an face-to-face interview with the same gentlemen. the entire process was very laid-back.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray Hill, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Murray Hill, NJ) in December 2014.

Interview

Very comforting, laid back interview; told me all about the position the first 30 minutes, questions were answered back and forth, then asked me to tell him about myself and past experiences. He didn't ask any specific questions, besides if I told him something he was confused about on my resume.

Wireless Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murray Hill, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Murray Hill, NJ).

Interview

I learned about the position at my on campus career fair. I handed in my resume and applied online as well.

Was called in for a phone interview. Answered a few basic behavioral questions. About a week later they e-mailed me and asked me to come in for an on site interview.

On site interview was more technical, a couple of behavior questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Questions about wireless technology and past work experience.   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Murray Hill, NJ).

Interview

One initial introductory phone call (typical greetings, introductions, Q&A about the company) followed by two phone interviews with tests and an on-site interview.

The tests were pretty straightforward, almost completely in C:

45 min - The first test was very simple, multiple choice and tested more your understanding of C and bit manipulation.

2 hours 30 min - Second test was open-ended. Again, it was all in C, but this exam had logical questions, data interpretation, and coding questions. It also had an electrical engineering problem (hardest part since I'm CS and knew nothing about it).

On-site interview was nice. They bought lunch for the team and had to talk to each member of the team. They asked some behavioral questions, why I want to work there, and went over my resume. Only had a few technical questions -- I assumed most of the technical stuff was taken care of by the two phone interview tests. Met with some of the bosses and left on a pretty good note.

On a side note, the whole process only took 3 (two for the tests, one for the on-site, one day) business days. It felt very rushed since they were anxious to get someone to fill the position, which is understandable but wasn't enjoyable in the least and was probably the greatest downside to the whole process. People were pretty nice, the actual workplace itself wasn't very inviting though (it was an older building with cubicles).

Dressed business professional to the on-site, the employees were all business casual.

Interview Questions

• Had a problem with an EE question about PLL programming. It used hexadecimal notation with caches.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murray Hill, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Murray Hill, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

Got a call from the mentor. Ask about my experiences and projects I did in my college. And other behavioral questions. There were not any technical problems in the interview.

Wireless R&D Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Murray Hill, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

Most of the questions are about the stuff on your resume. Because I had an internship in Alcatel before, they were more interested in it and asked many questions about it. It was a basic behavioral interview. After interview, they would show you around the lab. I thought I did a good job in the interview, but I did't get the offer at last. It seemed that they cared much about your work authorization and I was just an international student with F1 visa status.

Interview Questions

• What programming language are you familiar with? Can you use oscilloscope?What was your duty during your last intern?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murray Hill, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Murray Hill, NJ).

Interview

Spoke to HR at least twice to review basics and possible relocation options. This was on the phone. Spoke to VP on phone. Spoke to hiring manager on phone and in person. Spoke to VP in person.

Interview Questions

• Did I want the job or did I want another job that I had applied for. I answered honestly that I wanted the other job and I still got this on.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Always ask for what you want. I got what I wanted

Litigation Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Murray Hill, NJ) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied for job on-line. A little over a month later I got a call asking to set up an in-person interview. I met with 5 people, each for 30 minutes. The interview seemed to go fine, except they spent far more time convincing me of the benefits of the company over interviewing me. I had no direct feedback after the interview About a month after the interview I received a letter (via mail, I was impressed) indicating they hired someone else.