Alcatel-Lucent Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.8

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (New York, NY).

Interview

I have applied online took 4 week phone interview . it was more basics of ccna with python scripting and covering all the resume which was more easy . so please be thorough with ccna basics and python scripting with complete knowledge of resume will be a great advantage .

Interview Questions

• tell me what happens when you type www.alcatel.com, dns, dhcp, basic ccna questions   Answer Question

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (New York, NY).

Interview

Couple of rounds sometimes 2-3 or 3-4.
    Initially starts with basics
    Latter goes on with your resume.
    Need to focused on resume what you updated
    Then make sure additional question you have skills on required position.

Interview Questions

• some quesitons on core Java, REST, Selenium- Web Driver, Jenkins, Hudson, TCP/IP, OTN, SDH, NMS, ESM, Windows, RHEL, Oracle, SDLC, agile, scrum, Networking. Linux/Unix
      Just they give bacis touch on all topics.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I did an interview alone. First with the presentation and background. Then they specify the project, what skills you should have, the team. And then they do a sort of programming test (paper), databases, languages. Mainly java.

Interview Questions

• What is your motivation? What are your programming skills?   Answer Question

Integratation Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Providence, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (New Providence, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone screening in early December with a member of the IP Platforms team. After that, I was scheduled to come to the offices following the holidays. Upon coming to the offices, I went through three relatively small 1:1 interviews with an HR manager, members of the IP team, and the manager of the team. Questions ranged from personality to experience and technical skills.

Interview Questions

• When did you struggle working with a team and how did you manage the situation?   Answer Question

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Providence, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (New Providence, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

one informational interview via phone during i spoke directly to my soon-to-be supervisor. This was followed up 1 week later by an face-to-face interview with the same gentlemen. the entire process was very laid-back.

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied through a online job board. Got a call for phone interview in a week.
    Interviewer was friendly and discussed every question with me. But they took a long time to get back to me. Otherwise it was an overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• some bit manipulation question   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I was contated by a recuiter. I went through the technical interview process which included several questions related to the technology (1h). Additionally I had to perform a coding test

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

There will be 5 to 6 rounds of interview. Each interviewer will ask questions in different areas. You may be required to write code on the white board. There could be some puzzles asked.

Interview Questions

• Programming languages
      Data structures
      Object oriented concepts
      Operating systems   Answer Question

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (New York, NY) in November 2008.

Interview

My case was specific to the requirement (prepaid software suite of Alcatel-Lucent) since I had 5 years of experience on their product in India. Questions were only on Alcatel OSP, the product suite, and the projects I worked on using that product for various telecom operators.

Interview Questions

• What operator sites did I work on and what kind of network protocol issues did I resolve?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't in a good negotiating stage due to the market. They offered my $87500 per annum, I asked for $90000 and they agreed.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summit, NJ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alcatel-Lucent (Summit, NJ) in June 2008.

Interview

Applied through online profile creation for a specific job. Received a call 2wks later regarding the position. HR recruiter arranged for a call back time. Upon call back, we discussed my background and some details of the job.

After the conversation, the next day I indicated that the position was not of interest to me and declined to proceed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to resolve a conflict regarding the time required to complete a task   Answer Question

Product focus was not of interest to me at that point in my career